1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2022 NBA Draft/1-3] Jabari Smith Jr., F, Auburn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

?

Do you like the selection of Jabari Smith?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. YES

89.7%
  2. NO

10.3%
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Morey was our GM and all these years later there are still people too stupid to understand what “Moreyball” actually stood for.

roslolian likes this.
  2. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

How can Jabari be #6 bruh? Based on draft position?

roslolian likes this.
  3. maj21

maj21 Member

You’re wrong.. defensively, Jabari does too. Just put on the tape

#2963 maj21, Nov 9, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    roslolian likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bro if you are 6'11 and playing the pf position and Jalen Green gets more rebs than you thats YOUR fault. Jabari was the dude pissed that he didnt get drafted no 1. No excuses he wanted that smoke.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

That list is a joke. Can rattle off several rookies outplaying Jabari smh.

Jabari is playing like Adam Morrison rn he is playing at a bust level.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its tougher for the Rox who could have had the best rookie in the class but ended up with a dude who shoots 1/4 and gets 1 reb in 20 mins despite being an athletic 6'11 PF. Turning around a dude who is a mental midget and charmin soft I'd argue is extremely tough.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you guys being mad Bari is getting the benefit of the doubt in the media is weird. Rockets players NEVER get the benefit of the doubt. Rockets have 2 guys on the rookie ladder.

Bari going to put together and some of you guys going to look so foolish. prepare to be teased relentlessly when that happens.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah people act like Jabari is some stiff. He was consens top 3 for a reason. Maybe he isnt Giannis athletic but he isnt some stiff either.

You know Keegan Murray and Ben Mathurin are also knockdown pure shooters right? And Jalen Duren was seen as the 2nd coming of Dwight? Hell our own Tari Eason looked like Kawhi's younger bro. If Jabari was seen as a 1 dimensional and unathletic 3 pt shooter he wouldnt be consensus ranked ahead of all these guys. Ivey is the only one people can say is a better prospect at no 3 and Ivey played like a superstar in college.

I'm the most critical on Jabari cuz I know its all mental. He can be the best player in his class if his head is on straight and he shows toughness and agression. Like his 1 good game where he played center. If he showed that type of aggression nobody would give a F about his bad shooting.

9. maj21

maj21 Member

Yeah I feel like he’s thinking about overall athleticism and movement. I’m speaking of on his ability to slide his feet. There’s just not many guys that can do that at 6’10”. You’re right, there’s a reason why he was a consensus top 3 pick

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Jabari being on rookie ladder is undeserved.

Why should we be teased when Jabari starts playing like the 3rd player in the draft? Thats an expectation lol you think 3rd pick in a deep draft is common or what? Rox invested a lot in him he should be worth the investment.

The reality is Jabari is playing like trash RN hope he picks it up and shows some toughness in the future.

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Jabari is looking like a bust rn bust, he'll likely never amount to anything other than an elite role player at best for being drafted as high as he did.

He just has way too many weaknesses in his game. It'll take years before he becomes a solid contributor on the offense.

It sucks for us because there are so many rookies drafted after him that are outperforming right now and Banchero (who the Magic stole from us) is looking like a guaranteed future top 10 player.

bcast89 likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you going very hard on this 19 year old child. When he puts it together, I'm just saying keep the same energy. Dont be salty when he has a good game, or you will out yourself for being as a hater.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

So when is that? So does that mean I keep teasing you for every bad game Jabari has right now?

You're setting a pretty unfair scenario you just Yull C see every time and suddenly you win if ever Jabari breaks out. It'll take more than 1 good game before Jabari's TS% reaches an acceptable scenario.

How am I going very hard? He is 19 but he also needs to show he belongs in the NBA. 1 reb is not that dude is making 7M usd this year he may be a kid but he is paid like a vet. How come he is getting outplayed by Shaedon Sharpe dude hasnt even played in college.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i put no stock in this because those rookies the coaches are putting them in a position to succeed. Silas right now has done little to nothing to maximize Bari's strengths (bari is in jalen's corner). Silas has nerfed every rookie he has cached because apparently he wasn't meant to coach a rebuilding team.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nobody is teasing me about Jabari, I'm a Destiny Only Fan.
    When Bari has a good game you will be the first to know, bro.
    Just calm down, it's not that serious.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok so I'll let you know every time Jabari has a bad game too. I am calm I know its not that serious.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I know. You have been replying to every person in this thread. I know you will keep us updated about how bad Bari is playing. I know.
    It's a lot of energy expended. I think it's very serious for you.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

You replied to me more than I replied to others so you telling me its very serious for you?

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

we're having a conversation... what did I just walk into? I'll end the conversation here with this last reply. I regret everything.

I have ended the conversation.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Right so its serious for me for having a conversstion with others but with you you're just having a conversation even if you passively agrresively called out everyone who pointed out Jabari is playing like crap. I expended a lot of effort and its very serious for me but its not a big deal for you even if you made more replies to me than all my other posts here in this thread combined.