1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2022-23

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 27, 2022.

1. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To call him horrible is a bit of hyperbole. He has almost exactly the same production as KPJ, though I would give Russell a slight edge. While that doesn't make you great, Russell starting with KPJ off the bench is miles better than KPJ starting and Nix off the bench. It would be an absolute fleecing if we got a pick back, too.

red5rocket likes this.
  2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Didn't they just make the finals? Surely they are aiming to improve and contend

Why are they acquiring a useful player and then flipping him for picks. It makes no sense at all...

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I believe he’s horrible. He’s absolutely awful on defense and is just ok on offense. If trading for him also meant giving him a contract, i am not doing it even for a pick. If it’s just a salary dump then sure

theDude likes this.
  4. eman

eman Contributing Member

You are probably right to be so skeptical. I'm wishful thinking, and hope we'll get rid of KPJ and get a proper PG by next season. Maybe the real Scoot, via draft. I do think EGo would add to their (or anyone's) spacing this year... Cue the "So you're saying there's a chance" memes...

5. theDude

Supporting Member

That’s fair. But we’re going to have to spend that money somewhere, and looking down the road, there are very few options. My approach is not necessarily what Russell would bring alone, but the fact that having him on the team would turn the production we are getting from Nix and Christopher into KPJ. That’s a win.

6. xaos

xaos Member

Random, I know...

But I wonder if Anthony Edwards wants out of Minnesota. I have a feeling he might either want out of Minny or will let management know the Kat/Golbert experiment is not going to work before season's end.

With Green here there's a lot of questions that would need to be answered for us to explore any options there

saleem likes this.
  7. xaos

xaos Member

OK I'm not alone lol

8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Green would be just the starting point for any package put together for Anthony Edwards. No need to worry about how they fit.

fckbandwagons and Corrosion like this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's on a rookie contract, who would he think he is, KJ?

10. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

What do yall think about this:

To the Knicks: Eric Gordon

To the Rockets: Derrick Rose and salary filler ( a min contract would do it ) and the right to swap the Bucks pick for the 2023 Mavs pick that the Knicks own.

Rose's contract is a team option next year btw, so we can decline that and not worry about it hurting our cap space.

comrade, jayhow92 and Ankara1923 like this.
  11. xaos

xaos Member

And that's why there's a lot of questions that needs answers. If you believe Edward's has the higher upside I'm not going to argue that. But, is it that much higher that we are already trading away a 20 year old who has shown a lot of potential AND giving up assets to do itl? In terms of ranking their future potential, Green and Edward's are fairly close.

I do love Anthony's game and think he can be the alpha scorer on a championship team. So, I'm not against it totally.

I'll add one more note, I'm a big believer in Green and shipping him out this early doesn't feel right

#371 xaos, Nov 9, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  12. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

You want Rose to start or to employ him similar to last year's Denis Schroder?

13. HamJam

Definitely not start. Maybe as a bench guy, but, honestly, we could just waive him. The trade would really be about turning that 2023 Bucks pick into the 2023 Mavs pick

theDude and Ankara1923 like this.
  14. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Knicks eyeing Alpi more than EGo. NY and NJ have substantial amount of Giresunian (Alpi's home town, City28, jersey number) and Sengun might be a real cash generator there (tickets, sponsorships). I heard that they offered several packages for him, all declined.

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

We can do better than that. Dallas’ pick may be better than the bucks, but not that much better. We could get a better pick from somebody. Rose to me is the difference maker. It would give up a backup pg and you could experiment with KPJ at SF. My belief is KPJ just needs his points and wouldn’t care as long as he is still one of the top 2 scorers and gets plenty of opportunity to show off his scoring ability. So I’d say yes to the trade if its to utilize Rose as a backup. It frees Gordon’s minutes for Tari (hopefully) and gets Nix out of here.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  16. eman

eman Contributing Member

Has anyone seen DRose play this year? Care to share with the class?

17. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

He plays 13 mpg, he was OK except the last game.

eman likes this.
  18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

How would you feel about LaMello Ball with the Nets picks?

Ball
    Green
    Eason
    Jabari
    (Wemby?)

theDude likes this.
  19. HamJam

He's taken a real step back. Still shooting the three, but his minutes, touches, and fg percentage have all fallen a huge amount.

I'm not even sure we'd want to keep him in the trade I propose before, this is just about turning that late FRP we having coming to us from the Bucks into a mid FRP from the Mavs.

eman likes this.
  20. theDude

Supporting Member

The Dallas pick is likely to be in the 20s. So, a top 5 pick and #22. There’s some good value there, but I’d be more inclined to trade than add two more teenagers, assuming we miss out on the top 2. Once Gordon is gone, we don’t have any significant salary to trade to bring back a really impactful player. Still, it’s a good move if you can’t bring back a quality player for Gordon.