1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Somebody NEEDS to do something

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Nov 6, 2022.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

This is a great organization that is going down hill fast! This is the 3rd straight year where they will have the WORST record in the NBA and as a fan this is making me sick!

It is clear this team has NO STRUCTURE! PLAYS NO DEFENSE! AND THERE IS NO DISCIPLINE!

SOMEBODY NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING FAST!

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

yet another thread with no original thoughts and nothing new being said…

[​IMG]

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think this is regular spam. No less salty than the others.

4. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

How dare you question fabulous tanking process?

You will be #1 public enemy by masochist tanking supporters, a.k.a. TOF (Tanking Only Fans).

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I believe you are looking for the "Fire Silas' thread... lol

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

8. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Great post!!! Good to see someone on this site actually cares about winning other than Ashelym, Hakeem94, and me. Know I butchered the names but you know who the people who care are. Sadly, nobody else cares and honestly if I were Feetitta and no one in Houston demands a winner, I’d pocket the NBA revenue share and keep the lowest saleried team in the league just as it is.

hlmbasketball likes this.
  9. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

We’re rebuilding bruh, I mean I can understand people complaining about Jalen’s and Jabari’s shooting woes (even though it’s still very early in the season) but you can’t possibly expect a team full of 19 and 20 year olds with very little veteran guidance to win games against teams that are likely going to the playoffs. Firing Silas isn’t going to make that much of a difference either, we’re still going to struggle and likely have a top pick this season regardless of who replaces him. And honestly isn’t that what we want? A chance at either Wemby or Scoot? In one breath people are saying tank for Wemby but then get mad at us losing.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We are rebuilding....this is what it looks like.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This is some poor quality whine.

@basso

12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I've been a Houston Sports fan since, well let's just say a long time! However, lean more towards the Rockets and out of ALL my yrs, I can only remember one season like what we've been through the past 2 1/2yrs, the 82' season after we traded Moses to get Ralph Sampson.

My concern is when players get into a MENTALITY of LOSING yr in and yr out, it becomes hard to reverse that losing mentality. And I can deal with losing, if I see structure, defense and/or discipline.....something being taught to the younger players.

#12 hlmbasketball, Nov 6, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
  13. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

First, it is speculative that we will have the worst record, our schedule has been monstrous. Second, the upper brass may be perfectly content with another top 5 pick and individual player development. So likely nothing will be done and the team will limp to another season of 20-25 W's.

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Far better to set your mindset to "watching them when you want to"... Mine changed from "making sure I watch them" to " I ain't got **** else to do at the moment " in a matter of 2 weeks...

15. NewAge

NewAge Member

I stopped watching after the All-Star last year… Not only because of the losing, but this war in Ukraine hit too close, basketball started to feel meaningless…
    Now I watch from time to time and try to be more patient and not get worked-up about how terrible we are. It’s not easy.

burlesk, Sonicbun8, roslolian and 3 others like this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

I need to see SOMETHING to maintain my interest. The lose can happen but goodness give me a little hope to tune back into the next game. Let me see improvement in something or someone. The Eason pass to Garuba last game makes me want more. These moments are getting fewer and fewer.

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Not sure what they are expected to do. They are completely outclassed in an era where there are more talented and competitive teams than I can recall. Even the teams we thought would tank like SA and Utah are playing hard.

We have to see the rebuild through. You get another top pick and this summer you have all the cap space and assets you want to swing a trade or sign someone.

I thought they’d be better as well but we need to be patient for the game to slow down for Jabari and this 1 on 5 hero ball Kevin McHale style offense is replaced.

roslolian and Futron like this.
  19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah...this is where I am currently when it comes to the Rockets.

javal_lon and Futron like this.
  20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I thought we were tanking for Wemby or one of these great prospects coming out in the draft?

If so, we are on the right track....this season was a wash from the beginning.

Futron likes this.