1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Have you seen how he walks around with Mr Burn hands? This guy is soft as they come. No way he is any of those things.

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

I have never seen the coach being so bad

3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

aaquaa likes this.
  4. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

IMO board wants to tank for Scoot or Wemby… there is no other explanation of keeping Silas at all.

5. Rockets4Life13

Woke up
    Silas not fired
    Day is ruined

6. Rockets4Life13

The logic begind Sengun only playing 20 minutes makes no sense. He was cooking them. He had to sit till halftime which made sense but then he barely played in the 2nd half while not picking up more fouls.

Silas has to be incredibly dumb tbh. There's no other explanation.

7. fattz

fattz Member

Green got pissed at him on a fumbled handoff and Sengun was pull shortly after. Rewatch the game.

8. bmelo

bmelo Member

Honestly Jalen could use some vet to put him in his place. Its a shame they sat John Wall just for the KPJ experiment

aaquaa, clutchdabear, Rinaldi and 3 others like this.
  9. MystikArkitect

Sengun (not a PG) in 20 minutes:

17 - 7 - 5 on 8/9 shooting with 2 turnovers with a +/- of 0

KPJ in 29 minutes:

17 - 3 -1 on 3/12 shooting with 3 turnovers with a +/- of -16.

Fire. This. Guy. Put Mattress Mack or Kate Upton out there at coach. They showed more fight in Philly than this dude has in 3 seasons.

10. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

I'm hoping Silas comes to the conclusion there is nothing else he can do and there is a "mutual decision" to part ways.

11. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Silas is likely here for the season but he needs to show some fire on the sideline. Get tossed or at least pick up some T’s when Green is getting hammered with no foul call.

daywalker02 and LeDakota like this.
  12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

We should have hired a great young coach that could win games like that guy in Cleveland. He really seems to know what he's doing.;)

In all seriousness I don't think Tillman is going to fire Silas with so much time left on his deal. Ideally he'd probably want an all star or superstar on the team to sell the position to a top candidate as well.

But, again, the best players ever got there through their own determination. Coaches help them but if a guy like Jalen Green doesn't look good all year he's not gonna turn into Jordan with a new coach.

roslolian likes this.
  13. MystikArkitect

Rockets Chop Shop guys talking about our struggles brings up some really good points. They're trying their hardest not to say what we're all thinking and I feel like most of Rockets media types do the same thing. Our "playmaking personel" not being good enough, etc. The issue is KPJ/Silas. Listening to this one helped me realize that Silas is basically trying to just do what he did with Luka...but with KPj. It explains all of his goofy decisions like starting Bruno over Sengun, playing KPJ 38 minutes while only playing Green 30. Playing Sengun 20 minutes. He seems hell bent on running a Luka-centric offense....through Kevin Porter. He keeps fiddling around with the offense trying to make it work. Also made me realize why he doesn't like playing Sengun. He doesn't fit in the Luka/Trae/Harden style of iso-ball offense.

Paolo would've been a god send to Silas. But we watched that style of ball for a decade. It doesn't work in the playoffs.

14. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Completely agree. Did you see KPJ's interview before the last game talking about how they can't let the losses change the way they're playing or offensive approach -- of course the guy given carte blanche to do whatever he wants regardless of the results would say that.

15. courtsidedreams

Get rid of him in the off season, after we tank this year and put ourselves in possition for Victor Wembanyama.

16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

This team will not fire Silas. In order to do that it would take a shred of care from ownership, which ain’t gonna happen. They don’t care at all that the product being put out to the few remaining fans is $&@“. He can laugh after games and keep playing suckwad Nix and have streaks of 20 losses in a row and back to back 1-16 starts and they JUST DON’T CARE!!!!!!!!!

aaquaa likes this.
  17. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I get that approach, but I think he's honestly hurting the development of young guys. Even national media people are talking about how badly our offense looks, and how badly he is utilizing Jabari in particular.

Plus, I'd love to see assistant Abdelfattah as interim. It would give us a chance to evaluate what he can do as a coach as we consider him and others long term as our next head coach. Abdelfattah was a great G League coach, but it is a risk to pick a first time NBA head coach as our next long term coach , but giving Abdelfattah a chance as interim would allow us to get information on what he might be able to do as a head coach.

18. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I’d be all smiles too if I knew I could be 34-148 and still have my job securely in tact.

19. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Sometimes you make a change for changes sake.

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

if you read my post history I suspected this idiot to do this since some time. He don't think Luka is so good... he thinks his tactic is that good and if you take a big guy who can dribble and shoot threes it will work with anyone. ****ing wrong. Luka is white LeBron, I have never seen better player play in Europe live... He would adapt to ANY role you would give him. Same with Harden. Thats why it is working with them. KPJ on the other hand is late pick with questionable IQ and passing abilities, how on earth you come to assumptions that giving him ball the most will result in anything good???

aaquaa, clutchdabear and LeDakota like this.