1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series Phillies vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 28, 2022.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No need for that, what did Reynolds do to you?

I had no idea if he had much postseason experience now I will never not think about what you said when he is talking.:D

I

2. AKdaDawg

AKdaDawg Member

Benny didnt know better at that time, he must of just grabbed any ol' hat.

3. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

I find it hard to believe Pena isn't a Hall of Famer. I've heard he doesn't enjoy massages or have a helicopter wife.

Stephen66 and Nook like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

5. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

While I despise walks as much as Smoltz, I am definitely more fearful of a solo shot which gives the team life and cuts down the deficit. What I found funny was when he was talking about needing to just keep getting through the lineup so Harper could come up. That was so strange because Philly could have easily been up 4-3 by the time Harper came up but he was already trying to build up drama when their 6th batter was up in the 8th inning. That was really strange and normally something a Joe Buck would do.

P.S. Did anyone point out the lead commentator does Dodgers games? Was laughable on Altuve's triple and Pena's homerun how he was not enthusiastic at all which I have never heard in all my years listening to baseball. Your whole job is to create hype when there is a hard hit/long ball like he did perfectly on Realmuto's loud out to Chas. Anyways, I don't really care but I found it funny how he couldn't even fake excitement. Broadcasters get the best angles and know when a ball is struck well especially since they have watched so many games live in their careers.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yep. I started using TeePublic when I wanted to make tees for myself. Then I started making them public for a few days for friends who wanted some.

7. Major

Major Member

Nobody thought this. Or at least no one with common sense or who knows anything about baseball.

astros123 likes this.
  8. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

I thought about this last night...since this run started in 2015 I haven't feared anyone as much as I fear Harper. Maybe Arozorena but that was just a guy on a heater. Harper feels like a combination of Bregman and Alvarez.

Nook and Xerobull like this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Healthy fear. He's amazing.

10. Marteen

Marteen Member

Let me know if posted already.

11. Yordan The Great

Exactly.

Not sure why you people can't think outside the box.

Everytime I've seen a relief pitcher walk a leadoff hitter with a 3+ run lead, I've uttered the words you're better off just giving up a home run.

Of course I'm not talking about the sixth inning. More like the 8th and especially the 9th.

#9331 Yordan The Great, Nov 4, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  12. Elienator

Elienator Member

Not sure if anyone replied, but the correct answer is by winning game 6.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Well Wheeler and Nola are somewhat gassed. There was concern that Wheeler possibly would not even be ready for game 6..... this way they can pitch Suarez in games 6 and 7 and then try to get an inning each from Alvarado, Hand, Robertson and Dominguez if needed.

They really probably only need 3-4 innings from their starters.... and they are hoping that Wheeler can get them through the order once or twice and Nola through the order once.

Suarez
    Alvarado
    Hand
    Robertson

They also can mix in Eflin

whiskeyred likes this.
  14. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

I would argue the same feelings when it came to having to face Soler last year and Soto in 2019….they were just otherworldly when we faced them..

15. Nook

Nook Member

IF the Astros win the World Series, Jeremy Pena has an excellent chance of winning MVP.... which would be impressive for a rookie that replaced a likely HOFer and for a guy that just won the ALCS MVP.

Not bad for a scrawny middle infielder that was all glove and no bat at a middling college.

No one can claim he didn't put in the work or didn't believe in himself.

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The Catch.

Radricky likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why should we care about who she is repping or care about her at all.

Salvy likes this.
  18. jayfree

jayfree Member

As long as it's last years Bregman and WS Alvarez ;)

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Cause dem taddees

[​IMG]

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

They may be right, who knows. That incredible catch that McCormick made was eerily similar to the one that Jake Meyers did not make earlier in the regular season that cost us a game. That's what I base my opinion on. My first thought afterwards was, man are we lucky that Dubon or Meyers was not playing center field on that play. Whatever the case, that play will be talked about for a long time. Without it very possibly we would not be heading home up 3-2 in the series.

Tomstro and RussE like this.