1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think the Brooklyn Nets will fall apart???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anyname, Jun 25, 2022.

?

Will the nets fall apart

1. Yes

179 vote(s)
    78.2%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    21.8%
  1. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

#241 i3artow i3aller, Nov 4, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    Nook, luckyman76, Richie_Rich and 5 others like this.
  2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah, f**k this snake punk.

Durant fully agrees with Kyrie, he's just better at keeping his mouth shut...usually. I don't think Irving is capable of keeping his mouth shut or admitting fault, and I think he's gonna force the league to step in.

BMoney and kjayp like this.
  3. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I take it back... i though it couldn't get worse
    But kyrie continues to amaze lol

Hopefully we reap the benefits of his complete idiocy... its like a hedge fund betting on failure
    I secretly (and openly) love it

luckyman76 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I knew Kyrie would bring distraction to the team. But I never dreamed of this. He never ceases to surprise. SMH.

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

and this is why u dont pin your hopes on idiots... lol

palmsnbananas likes this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

#247 i3artow i3aller, Nov 4, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    Nook, luckyman76, BMoney and 3 others like this.
  8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Okay so bring back Harden in free agency, trade some of the Nets picks for Durant and get a decent center.

Harden / KPJ
    Green / Mathews
    Eason / Tate
    Durant / Garuba
    Jabari / Sengun

I'm joking....maybe

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Folks wer3 clowning harden for bailing. Nets aren't even gonna make to play in if this toxic environment ain't fix

cmoak1982, burlesk and Rocket River like this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

10 of their next 12 games on the road. As of right now no Simmons or Durant.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Nets can't tank to rebuild because they don't own their picks for a long time, thanks to the Harden trade. And they aren't very attractive to FAs with this mess. Their only hope is to trade Durant and get some other teams' picks and pray that those will end up good picks.

My feeling is that they will trade Durant for some 3rd tier talents and be mediocre for years. That would not be good news to the Rockets.

AroundTheWorld and kdchilds like this.
  12. Denovo

Denovo Member

If the Nets have a fire sale I want Claxton.

Rocket River and xaos like this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

They need to get rid of kyrie. Getting rid of Durant is a guarantee they will b trash. U can bring in 3rd tier talent, but the combo powers of Simmons and kyrie is too much to overcome to b even mediocre

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Why would want a Harden whose body appears to be breaking down? The current version of James Harden is a shadow of himself. Current injury includes tendon strain in a foot. Out for a minimum of 30 days. No thanks!

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If we were actually competing harden would instantly make us a better team simply bc he can actually run an offense.

If we are finally pivoting to a more sengun centeric offense, there's no need for Harden unless he really wants to return

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Simmons or Irving (correction)

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They can kind of tank this year - i mean if the draft were held today they're guaranteed a top 6 pick!

Nook, BigM, Easy and 1 other person like this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

19. xaos

xaos Member

Personally, I think their most valuable picks they could get in any Durant trade -- their own. If they are able to get a team willing to trade a young player perhaps it's worth us getting involved to trade their 2024 pick and 2025 pick swap so they can have 3 years of high draft picks. This year they can't get #1 overall, but they can still comfortably land a top 7 pick if they do this right -- maybe even #2

In order for us to do this it would HAVE to be worth it though. We aren't doing them any favors. It's an unlikely possibility but most opportunities like these are. Seems like the Nets are a team that's desperate and has little leverage.

I know the next question is: why wouldn't Nets just take the young player. Well, they probably will. Will that young player make them better in the short run? If so, now they're taking that young player vs a top pick in this draft and the next two (ex Amen Thompson + control over their next 2 drafts). That's the trade off. If that young player makes them better in the short run that also lowers the value of those picks for us. Somewhat clean slate for them vs trying to get young talent and building around that young talent without any assets at their disposal to even build around said young talent.

Easy and theDude like this.
  20. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking it would almost be worth giving them a pick back if we could make a trade to help them tank this year. But it wouldn’t even be necessary. That roster is atrocious. Maybe give them a pick to route someone from a KD trade to us, if there is anyone decent to be had.

SamFisher and xaos like this.