1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series Phillies vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

And the Braves were pissed when Livian Hernandez got wide strikes.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  2. Yordan The Great

The way I look at it, we blew game 1, they blew game 5. So the series at 3-2 Astros is right where it should be.

3. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

What I’m loving above all for this series, total team effort. Everyone has contributed something. What a team!!!!!!!!

4. Yordan The Great

None more important in the entire WS than the run in the first inning. Imagine JV giving up that HR to start his night and he's already down 1-0. Totally different ballgame.

5. CinematicFusion

If Yuli is hurt. Hope he can at least be DH.
    Can Vazquez play first?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I've seen this take quite a bit since the game ended, like the Phillies gave it away. We went 1-11 with guys in scoring position, we did exactly execute ourselves. Last night was pretty much the ultimate 50/50 toss up game, but our fielders made all the tough plays and theirs didn't.

7. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

So you think your mythical decision that can't be judged is the right call but Dusty's bullpen usage that is historic in its success and the individual decision you are questioning that led to zero runs was the wrong decision?

RunninRaven likes this.
  8. Yordan The Great

For me it's been at work, the day of:

G1 Astros Jacket
    G2 LSU Jacket
    G3 Astros Jacket
    G4 LSU Jacket
    G5 LSU Jacket (Finally learned my lesson)
    Off day: Astros Jacket
    G6: LSU Jacket

9. Yordan The Great

Not sure what game you were watching.

It led to 1 run, and a first and 3rd 1 out situation that you needed your closer to bail you out. And a fantastic play by Mancini not to be talking about a devastating 4-3 loss this morning. Then the likes of you would be complaining to no end why Abreu wasn't still in the game. You people.

It was the WRONG decision not to bring Abreu back out in the 8th.

10. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Dusty's going to get his WS ring this year, and I'm ecstatic about it, and for my family and for the team and this city. This is a team of destiny. We deserve it for the abuse we've taken over the past few years.

11. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Do we have to worry about a 2
    Please baseball gods. PLEASE let the Astros win game 6 while I am in the building. Experience of a lifetime. Let me feel that. Half an f'ing decade. I had to feel the pain of Pujols making Lidge his b****. Give me the other side por favor.

Eric Riley, RasaqBoi, crose and 2 others like this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

13. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

They played? Did they hit the puck for a three pointer?

Stephen66 likes this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watching the highlights this morning and what a great game! Great play by Mancini at first but really concerned about Yuli. He's been the most consistent hitter this post season while Mancini has been non existant at the plate. Also Yuli is a former gold glove first baseman.

Tfor3 and Xerobull like this.
  15. MystikArkitect

Tough guys in Philly unknowingly went after Mattress Mack like those guys in John Wick went after his dog.

16. Elienator

Elienator Member

He seems to really like the team and it would out him in a position to continue the run towards 300 wins. If the Astros make a competitive offer, I think he’ll stay.

With the depth the Astros have, they don’t need him, so it’s not the most efficient use of that money. That said, the Astros can easily afford it and Crane will be involved, so I think there is a greater than 50% chance he’s back. I think the length of the contract will be the bigger issue than the money.

BigM and rocketsjudoka like this.
  17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Pretty absurd take (obviously). What exactly is abreu’s track record record pitching into his THIRD inning? That kinda nonsense always backfires

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well I keep on telling people I am undefeated in World Series games I've been to in person. I'm undefeated when seeing the Astros in MMP.

Astros if you have a private plane ready I'm prepared to come back down to Houston to be in MMP at a moment's notice!

conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My biggest concern on the staff is reliever over exposure. (more than fatigue). Pressly, Abreu, and Montero have all pitched in 4 of 5 games (sometimes being asked for more than 1 inning). Abreu is filthy right now, but Montero started to get hit, and even Pressly got saved from 2 potential XBHs by Chas and Mancini

I’m not entirely sure why it seems like they’re trying to limit looks at Neris and Stanek — who have each gotten only 1 total inning in the World Series. Both have sub 0.50 WHIPs in the playoffs.

On the flip side — I’d be very tempted to try and get a Charlie Morton type outing from Luis Garcia to follow Framber depending how far he goes.

20. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Yes. He almost blew it.

But technically Stanek is the wildest guy which ( I believe) is why they have not used him as much.

Montero walked 8.52% of batters faced with 1 wild pitch.

Stanek walked 13.84% with 4 wild pitches.

( regular season)

Elienator and Stephen66 like this.