1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Looking it up, Alp is 6th on the team in Opponents points in the paint. Behind Green, KPJ, Jabari, EG, KJ

Thought that was interesting

Drift Monkey, Ankara1923 and aaquaa like this.
  2. maj21

maj21 Member

I know KPJ has a long ways to go. Silas and his teammates blowing easy ones is making his job harder. I have no problem criticizing KPJ, but y’all won’t do the same with Sengun. I we need a primary ball handler on this team, but KPJ is our best option right now. I love him as a off ball and secondary playmaker

3. maj21

maj21 Member

Yeah, but we all know he isn’t good on defense. He’s not awful, he’s definitely improving.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

We do?
    He’s better than most of the starters by a lot of numbers. That’s the problem

Drift Monkey and aaquaa like this.
  5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If KPJ is the him we will never win a ring. I'm sorry. Cleveland wouldn't just give him away for free. He wouldn't have been like a late first round pick. Name me the last team to win a ring with their best player drafted number 30? Has it ever happened in the history of the league?

KPJ will be a contributing player but if he's still our best, the rockets have failed in the last two drafts period..

#3845 RHU525, Nov 1, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
    Ankara1923 and aaquaa like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

There's not much to criticize about sengun aside from defense which everybody on the team sucks at and his lack of confidence to shoot wide open 3s.

Turnovers? I would actually care if the offense Is run through him.

Fouls? Man has yet to foul out.

Stamina issue? Man isn't even given 30 mins consistently yet.

Free throws is an improvement also

Folks like to hold it against him for being unathletic, but sengun has shown to do quite admirable for a 20 year old. I don't expect him to win against grown a$$ men yet.
    Rebounding 9.8 per game, last I checked.

Sengun is playing with hustle and is willing to b a team player.

The weird thing is u think a 4th year player should receive the same amount of criticism as a 2nd year. It's troubling to hear that kpj has a long way to go as a 4th year player.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually coaches don't tank either. Why would they? They may not even be here when the team gets the tanking result. Losing only make their resumes worse when they find another job.

Only management would want to tank because they are there for the long haul. This is why coaches are usually short-sighted in terms of team building. They all want to win now.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

So Brett Brown wasn’t in on tanking for the Sixers? Coaches answer to the front office and owner.

9. maj21

maj21 Member

Yeah man, just the eye test with watching the games. He plays the most critical position on defense and he’s not good. Beast in post on offense, no doubt.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Did he intentionally throw games, like people are saying what Silas did last night subbing Sengun out to lose? Brown didn't have to throw games. He just played the piss poor roster given to him.

If Silas wanted to lose, he wouldn't be playing Eric Gordon so much.

slothy420, harold bingo and aaquaa like this.
  11. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Yup. The guy you call the second-best player on the roster is now a turnstile.
    Spare us your bullsht please.

Ankara1923 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. maj21

maj21 Member

Well, we’re a bad team lol. Y’all just can’t handle criticism when it comes to him. I’ve been talking a of trash about Jalen, but nobody complains about that. Even when Sengun has a bad game, y’all wanna act like he was great

harold bingo likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

coaches will start limiting the minutes of helpful vets and using random lineups when given the order to hardcore tank

here’s just 1 example of a coach tanking

When the Memphis Grizzlies visited the Utah Jazz in Salt Lake City, many expected the game to be a blowout affair. The Grizzlies are one of the worst teams in the league while the Jazz, despite their eighth-place seeding in the Western Conference have won seven of their last 10 games.

Surprisingly, though, the visiting team were able to stand toe-to-toe against the hosts up until the latter part of the third quarter. That won’t last long as Memphis decided to bring balance back to the normalcy of this stage in the NBA’s regular season where bottom teams are in tank mode.

Franchise center Marc Gasol, who already had 23 points in 23 minutes of play (11-of-12 from the field, 6-of-7 from 3-point distance), was benched for the final 16 minutes of the game. While it’s already a curious decision on the part of the Grizzlies, what made it even more blatant was the fact that the score was tied at that juncture.

The Jazz went on to win this one 107-97

and another

The most obvious example that the Celtics were heavily invested in tanking was a game against the Charlotte Bobcats late in the season. Despite having been up by 18 points in the third quarter, Rivers benched his best player in Paul Pierce and went with a lineup that featured Allan Ray, Leon Powe, Sebastian Telfair, Ryan Gomes and Gerald Green. The Celtics obviously couldn’t close out the game and the Bobcats won.

they knew what they were doing

Silas might not be actively trying to lose 8 games into the season, although could’ve fooled me last night

#3853 Reeko, Nov 1, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
    Drift Monkey, ElPigto and aaquaa like this.
  14. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

It's not really that. When Sengun has a bad game I just shut up; I don't answer any posts critical of him. I have no problems with fair dissing.
    I don't find your criticisms unbiased is all.
    Even when your points are refuted with numbers, even with video, you stick to your claims about how he sucks at defense, etc etc. (I'm not saying he's a superhero at defense.)
    + I find you overly defensive of KPJ. (I'd have loved to say "but that's another subject" but I can't.)

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Idc to go digging, but I bet u I’d find several instances of the Sixers competing or maybe even about to win a game, and Brett Brown either went away from a player that was balling that night or started putting in random combos of players to secure the L throughout the Sixers saga of tanking

16. sinan28

sinan28 Member

Time will tell. But I think he is more than that. He shows promissing signs to be a finesse player and at the very least he will turn into a "tough customer" for years to come.
    Also categorizing a basketball player as "another" someone feels off. A basketball player is just another player..

17. maj21

maj21 Member

I’ve criticized KPJ many times for poor performances. He’s also the most hated player on the team since wood got traded. I do defend him bc he gets trashed 24/7. Sengun is a fan favorite here and y’all can’t accept the fact he has limitations. He’s good on offense, bad on defense. It’s just the damn truth. Say that KPJ is a bad playmaker, I have no problem with that.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ is also a bad defender and just a solid offensive player

19. sinan28

sinan28 Member

No one is sad yet and we cannot know who is ignorant and not..

Ankara1923 likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What you are saying might be true in some instances, mostly late season when games are meaningless. I suspect that coaches who intentionally tank have the assurance of the FO that they have job security.

Anyway, it is extremely rare that teams would intentionally lose at the beginning of the season. Some people speculate that this season would be different because of the Wemby sweepstake. Two teams were clearly prepared to tank, Spurs and Jazz, getting rid of all their best players. But look at them, they are LEADING in the conference. Hard to believe they are intentionally throwing games at this point.

AroundTheWorld likes this.