1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

2. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Wha
    What about me to enjoy my life to share refined ideas with refined people, not with ignorant, hateful, racist bigots?

You are eligible to ignore some as I would put you to my ignore list after this reply.

I can't help you if you don't understand that Alpi is the best player in this team. There are enough Silases around and I don't need to interact with another one.

LeDakota likes this.
  3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

Well, he is the definiton of white, born 100 miles away from Caucasian mountains lol. Yet all summer spent at beach clubs and with tiktok chicks made him look half Indian (the country).

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Some folks are too extreme on their love for sengun. if you aint praising him 24/7 you might b accused of being a racist or bigot .

it really feels like the reincarnation of Lin fans.

I like sengun a lot and think he can b great, but i don't think its necessary to b calling folks racists if they disagree

cmoak1982 likes this.
  5. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

He has the patience of Prophet Job (he existed or a folk-tale is another issue).

aaquaa and LeDakota like this.
  6. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

I called him racist for a reason and I’m not extreme for sengun or anything. Did you even read what I’ve written? If he fails the team and plays selfish, don’t worry I will mention and criticize him. When will you stop ignoring the fact that there are people here hating on Sengun just based on his skin color?

Ankara1923 likes this.
  7. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Agreed. But it goes both ways. I am regularly getting the answer that my opinion does not hold any value because I am sengun fan. That is as much of a problem. A statement like the one you quoted is problematic, but a lot of sengun supporters gets bullied even they just made a statement about basketball. But the bullies are called out much less often then the sengun only fans, making bad takes. Having a bad take is okay! Bullying is not!

aaquaa and DatRocketFan like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

And you all thought the KPJ Cultists were bad! At least we werent racists huh! LOL :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If the team lets the tank roll on for the year and miraculously lands Wemby then Sengun is gone via trade (even if it isnt Wemby Im starting to think a guy like Dereck Lively might be an upgrade). Part of me hopes that happens so that all of these new "Rocket" fans can take a hike and go pester some other fanbase with their selfish opinion of their Great Hope. They dont care about the Houston Rockets - they only care about the illusion that is Alperen Sengun.

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's hard to take u seriously with your take on Sengun

When you say sht like this
    The only redeemable qualities he has on offense is his limited post game (back down hook is about it)

when folks watch the games and see this.
    https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/sengun-with-the-dream-shake-on-zubac.317492/

Some folks just can't acknowledge that Sengun as the offense hub is better than the KPJ isoball.

aaquaa, Ankara1923 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Someone telling you that your opinion doesn't hold value is not the same as someone calling you ignorant or racist because you don't agree with them... they think you're opinion is wrong. Probably could have stated better but it's not the same. I've read your posts and feel that you try to be fair and objective when it comes to Alpi but others have not.

AroundTheWorld and DatRocketFan like this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Can we please go away from the race talk and the insults. @Reeko has been posting here for years and I haven't seen anything to make anyone assume he is racist.

Why is nobody commenting on him being the points per possession leader in the NBA in the post...on him having the highest PER on the Rockets, by far...I think that would be more interesting.

Why is Silas seemingly purposely clipping the wings of someone with that talent every chance he gets? It's quite mind-boggling to me. The "demotion" at the start of the season...not doing anything to make the other guys get him the ball so he can facilitate...taking him out in crunchtime when he has been playing really hard and really well.

I just don't understand that.

12. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Wemby can’t even save this franchise as KPJ will keep dribbling until getting traded. Im sure Silas would use Wemby just for setting screens lol

aaquaa likes this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Please. Sengun is so far away from Dream its dumb to even waste a breath in mentioning them in the same sentence. You should be ashamed. Sengun is nothing special. Just another Euro with limited athleticism who can pass and has a basic back down/baby hook game. He has brick hands, cant catch lobs, cant shoot 3's and is a dinosaur in the modern game. At least most Euros can shoot the ball.

I dont even care about KPJ in this thought - you creating strawmen in trying to over compensate for Sengun is just more of the same preferential fan experience.

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You dont even know your ahole from your earhole and your opinion is so ignorant and meaningless that you are now here just for comedy. Enjoy that! I'll pray for Sengun to be traded so all you player only fans can piss right off. When Sengun turns into just another average JAG ass Euro player you all can weep softly into each others arms and talk about the mean Rocket fans that destroyed his chance at stardom!

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That opinion is unreasonable.

16. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Alright buddy, let’s see what you gonna write when he proves you wrong. Bigots like you gonna beg Sengun not to leave the team :(((((

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Fighting fire with fire.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I could care less what a sad and ignorant Euro has to say about me or my basketball team. This isnt FIBA.

19. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

To be fair, benching Sengun is the most understandable thing Silas did. The only play Silas can run with a big is to make the big catch a lob and Sengun can't do that. The obvious choice is a center who can catch a lob.

aaquaa likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The hate against the player is unwarranted and neither the eye test nor expert opinion nor (advanced) stats back up anything of what you just posted.

aaquaa and LeDakota like this.