1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to fire Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by my time to shine, Oct 30, 2022.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk y its so hard for silas to have a system where kpj protects the ball up the court and simply hand it off to sengun so he can pass to his teammates. Like if kpj isn't able to hand it off, then he is given the green light to iso.

Silas is forcing kpj to do too much on this Harden centric system. Him not doing his job at either scoring a lot or distributing the ball properly is making everyone looks like sht, aside from nix who doesn't even look like a pg.

2. my time to shine

Weak sauce.

You’re only going at me and not talking about whether Jalen or Jabari is a bust or not

fire stone!

3. my time to shine

Jalen shows moments of explosiveness and getting hot - but he has way too many sub 33% shooting games and times where he disappears completely.

If he’s not hot from 3 - he’s useless.

Jabari hasn’t even shown anything at all aside from one than Anderson style game where he hits a few open 3s

meanwhile Cade, Mobley, Paolo, ivey, Murray look like real players

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol how about u Wait a season b4 declaring Smith a bust. Such a knee jerk reaction.

YOLO likes this.
  5. my time to shine

I’ll take him over Chet.

At least Jabari will most likely be a rotation role player

but a top 3 pick needs to be a top 50 player to not be a bust.

6. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

LOL

Weak sauce? It's a legit question. Your ignoring your bipolarish tirade on the game thread. I'm just asking if you're sure now. Flipping the script in one qtr has got to be some kind of record. Just sayin.

YOLO likes this.
  7. my time to shine

It’s an irrelevant question in determining whether or not you agree with my point in this thread - Jalen and/or Jabari are busts

Believe It! likes this.
  8. albuster

albuster Member

Could it be that these "real players" have good systems where there is a team concept on the court so that they can thrive? I wonder.

peleincubus likes this.
  9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I l

What does me agreeing with your point have to do with anything? I was just curious how someone goes from 100% pumping a guy in 1 half to he's a bust 1 qtr later. Any thoughts on this?

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would love to see statistics on the records of the youngest 3 teams in the NBA starting back from the 1970's and see what the records of each team are. You can hem and haw about everything you want. cool. I just want to see the numbers though. this is correlated into what you are saying as well.

DO YOU NOT THINK that the Rockets would be better if they had veterans to mix in with the 19 & 20 years?? Yes

Would some of those 19 and 20 years be performing better with those vets?? Most likely

However good or bad the coach(s) on the Rockets are would the system and/or coaching be better? yes, most likely.

I have been telling posters for 2 years that the rockets want to lose. Next season they will no longer want that. People need SOMETHING to talk about though. Posters like DD can simply not help themselves. Yeah, a team like the Spurs have been winning. They are young(ish) They have guys that are 29 and 30 scoring a ton of points off the bench. Other guys in their starting lineup have 7 seasons, 5 seasons, 3 seasons of experience starting. That is way different than the Rockets. How many players on the Rockets are getting time that are not 19 or 20 or are rookies. Like 3??? Of those 3 Gordon is the only player that is a real vet though.

Also Paolo vs Jabari?? I heard the entire draft that he was most ready to come in the NBA and do well. Now some people act surprised that is playing out and want to right off a guy that just turned 19 as well. Good grief please just grow up.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Also I mostly agree with what you said. I was just going off on different tangents.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No REAL coach wants to coach this **** team with **** management and **** ownership and **** players. Good luck.

clos4life likes this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If the fans had their way, we would rotate out GMs and Coaches every six months.

JG and JSJ aside, Stone got us years of draft picks of an imploding Nets team. That in and of itself is absolute gold.

I don't agree with everything Stone has done, but I am mostly good with his stuff.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Flip Floppers!!!
    [​IMG]

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  15. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Not excited by the team’s play right now, but teams with an average age below 22 tend to look horrible until February.

16. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Well ****!

17. my time to shine

Make a thread about it and I’ll respond.

I’m trying to talk about Jalen and/or Jabari being busts here

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

First draft was in 1947. Most recent, 2022. So, 75 drafts overall.

75 x 3 (pick #1, 2, 3 in each draft) is 225.

225 - 50 (top 50) is 175. So 175 of the 225 players selected all-time, at positions 1, 2 and 3, would automatically be busts, since they literally can't be in the top 50. Got it.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Ok kiddo. Nuff said.

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

@my time to shine - Hey I changed it just for you. :)

my time to shine likes this.