1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen & Jabari's new nicknames should be Ratchet & Clank the way their shooting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Futron, Oct 30, 2022.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That wasn't me knuckle-head. I just used the @ button to funnel your stupidity into the thread because it was funny they were talking about how dumb your Jalen Green takes are, dummy. Listen, if you want your personality to be hating Jalen Green that's on you. It's dumb, but that's you. People going to at you and bring up your dumb stuff for lol's.

your takes are so dumb, they are easily searchable. that's an indictment on you and your dumb stuff.

Verbal Christ and J Sizzle like this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

And you chose this as your first hill to die on? Bold move, Cotton.

Since you claim to lurk, you should have seen posters having premature ejaculation and criticizing JG for poor play during the beginning of last season only to see him skyrocket in the 2nd part making them all look like dumbasses. Why are you so eager to join their ranks in way to soon judgement calls?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not really, my concerns about Green were about development and he's shown quite a bit already. He hasn't made the progress I was hoping to see from him, but it's early and he's still a million times better than he was at the start of last season.

Right now he's just inconsistent, the start of last season he was a complete disaster.

It's nothing you don't expect from young players. He could drop 40 next game and I wouldn't be surprised

GotGame15 likes this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Even those that live under a rock most of the time deserve a chance to channel their energy. Not extremely creative though. 3/10 from me. This place can do better in terms of bully mocking the "sucky" players at the time. Not even a mention of masculinity!

[​IMG]

5. mario_v

mario_v Member

I would trade both of them for Banchero.

Jontro likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

And folks keep wondering why the state of the board has just been so bad for years.

D-rock and javal_lon like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Great. It's back to Brewer and Ariza!

Jontro, xaos, apollo33 and 2 others like this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

honestly I never got the Ariza comparison. Brewer maybe, because at least they kind of play the same position.

Maybe it's more like Yi Jianlian with defense than Ariza

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If only Jalen Green could have a ratio of one good game per one hilariously trash post from you.

Alas. He doesn't. And you're still here making trash posts.

Feel free to report every post that hurts your feelings. I'm starting to think you're a DD alt with how absolutely moronic you've proven yourself to be.

You should do yourself a favour and re-read everything from you @'ing people after Jalen's good game. I know that was so long ago, but you should really read the posts between you and me. You might amaze yourself when you read it over slowly just how idiotic you are.

10. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Jabari is a role player we drafted a role player who can't create for himself and can break down his Man.

11. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Jabari is a role player we drafted a role player who can't create for himself and can break down his Man.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ariza is the typical 3&D (and nothing else) player. That's what Jabari is supposed to be to his doubters, a glorified Ariza.

I saw someone compare him to Thomas Robinson. That's a real head scratcher. Robinson was an athletic freak who couldn't shoot outside of 3ft from the basket. Jabari isn't exceptionally athletic and has range. They have nothing in common other than their height.

YOLO likes this.
  13. xaos

xaos Member

Green came out the gate looking like he's made the next step. Progress is usually not a straight line so him having a few slower games is OK.

Smith will get his shot together and whether this year or next year after a coaching change he'll get utilized correctly. Way too early to give up on him.

Not worried at all about the two players.

D-rock and Verbal Christ like this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Did it really look like he made the next step or were we fooled by a unsustainable 48% 3pt fg percentage over the first three games? I mean look over those games and ask yourself how good did Green actually look if we just turned that 48% to 35%.

my time to shine likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

is your position that Stephen Silas has done a solid job coaching the offense of this team?

D-rock and persian hoopa like this.
  16. my time to shine

Be better

this made me throw up in my mouth

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Robinson was listed at 6'9 or 6'10 but he looked way shorter and wasn't special.

Easy likes this.
  18. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

My bold prediction: this thread will not age well.

D-rock likes this.
  19. xaos

xaos Member

I do, yes. The whole team looks like they're just running around now though. I missed the last game, so that's not included in my opinion, but one game shouldn't change that opinion.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's not just the first three games. It's about 50 games last season. That was why fans were excited about this season. Green had 3 good games and 4 bad games so far this season. While shooting 48% from 3 isn't sustainable, shooting 23% isn't sustainable either. He is not going to continue shooting this poorly.

Ancient Moabite likes this.