1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series Phillies vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 28, 2022.

1. JazzLakerHater

The Bills wish they were us 1 title > 0 titles. We’re the 90s Atlanta Braves.

2. CinematicFusion

That’s now 5 straight extra inning games with Phillies/Astros.
    8 year old in me still hurting from that series.

desihooper and Madmanmetz like this.
  3. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Yep Bills. You can see in their body language like Thurman Thomas saying here we go again.

MManal likes this.
  4. ThatWriterGuy

ThatWriterGuy Contributing Member

That would be the LA Dodgers. Their playoff chokes after great regular seasons has been epic.

5. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

Why is the DH even in the 7 hole?

DreamShook and Stros66 like this.
  6. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Good question. Maldy should be ahead of the dh since they haven’t produced a hit.

7. astros123

astros123 Member

I don't understand what Hensley needs to do to get a chance. He was the reason we won game 1 against the mariners. I would've much rather have him at the plate versus Diaz st the end. Start Hensley over trey at DH at a minimum.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ok, we've made so many WS over the past few years I get confused at times, which seems to be a thing that many here are taken for granted.

A 6 game series was still competitive. Game 3 and 4 could have literally gone either way.

9. HTM

HTM Member

Who starts game 3 now for Philly? Did Suarez working in relief tonight rule that out?

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Noah Synndagard?

11. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Win tomorrow and we will have big starting pitching advantage in games 3 and 4. Framber to close it out in game 6.

arabrocket and punkoholic like this.
  12. HatsForBats

HatsForBats Member

Really hoped we'd finally win a game 1. Take care of business tomorrow, and pitch our MLB best bullpen until you can't. There really isn't anything to fear about throwing them when we are back to the standard 2-3-2 with days off between.

I'd really like to see Hensley as well. Diaz and Mancini are just so vulnerable to breaking balls.

astros123 likes this.
  13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

so you're assuming JV loses game 5 too. i mean i do

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Well I can’t sleep so who are we blaming!?

astros123 and arabrocket like this.
  15. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

I think I just need to vent since the Stros lost and I can’t sleep. First, even making this many World Series to have them have some sort of bad juju in said World Series is a “blessing,” yet we definitely carry some sort of different swagger in the Fall classic.
    The series isn’t over so I don’t want to go Debbie downer but blowing a 5-0 lead or overcoming one is a mind fk or psychological boost depending on which side you fall on. Time will tell. Though I don’t think the Phillies gives to effs about our vaunted pitching staff.

Lar and RasaqBoi like this.
  16. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

1. Verlander
    2. tie- Yordan/Altuve
    3. Dusty
    4. Mancini
    5. Garcia
    6. Baseball gods

CinematicFusion, Lar and RasaqBoi like this.
  17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

The home plate ump would like a word. When altuve takes 2 pitches way outside and it’s 0-2, who do you blame? When jv throws 2 strikes and it’s 2-0, who do you blame?

18. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

but the Dodgers don’t make it to the World Series as much as we do, or at least not a 4 out of six year run like us. The 90’s Braves were known for choking on the grandest stage year after year, going 5 times and ultimately winning it only once. The Astros are beginning to look like them as well.

Of course we don’t know still what this series will end up like but all I can say is we have seen this movie before, and it doesn’t end well.

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Baker has done this twice (blowing a 5 run lead in the WS). He should have been fired long ago

20. astros123

astros123 Member

As I'm rewatching it the crazy thing is dusty still left JV in even AFTER t
    JT tied the game for them. Are you kidding me. JV gave Harper a very hittable fastball that Harper just missed. It couldve been much worst. Good God dusty didn't even have a pitcher warming up at the beginning of the 5th! What the hell are you doing? Someone tell dusty this is the world series not the regular season.

If dusty doesn't get his head out of his ass we aren't winning.

Lar and Stephen66 like this.