1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 16, 2022.

1. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -4.1 ppg, -0.7 rpg, and -3.0 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Dillon Brooks
    26 year old, 6-6, 220 lb F from Oregon
    7.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.5 apg in 25.2 minutes in 2022-2023
    [​IMG] Santi Aldama
    21 year old, 6-11, 224 lb C from Loyola (MD)
    11.0 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.0 apg in 30.6 minutes in 2022-2023
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Eric Gordon
    33 year old, 6-3, 215 lb G from Indiana
    14.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 3.2 apg in 31.5 minutes in 2022-2023
    [​IMG] K.J. Martin
    21 year old, 6-7, 215 lb F from IMG Academy (Florida)
    8.4 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 2.2 apg in 27.3 minutes in 2022-2023

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's already been confirmed by clutch that the rockets turned down 1st round pick offers

GotGame15 and Nook like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I know for a fact that they had offers for a #1 pick in last year's draft. They can get a number one pick for him in the future but they haven't wanted to take back money that extends beyond this season. There is this foolish belief with the Rockets front office and ownership that they will add amazing players in free agency. The reality is that none of the elite players want to join a rebuilding Rockets team, and any player that they do sign, they will pay a premium for and they will be a secondary type player.

Eric Gordon should not be on the Rockets. The only reason that it hasn't been a bigger issue with Gordon's camp is that there have been some discussions of an extension (Gordon will stay if he gets an extension).

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, I believe Miami might have tried foisting Duncan R on us, something like that? "Uh, Pat, you shi* in that bed, you sleep in it."

No free agent worth the money will want in on a rebuilding team next year, that's true; but I wouldn't be stunned to see our owner enjoy a season off from big contracts.

Nook likes this.
  5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yeah.. lol. I am an idiot!!

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yes - good point! I had a seniors moment

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

@Reeko reaction.

USATSI_17203065_168393233_lowres.jpg

Attached Files:

i3artow i3aller and Reeko like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

not gonna lie, my heart stopped when I read the words “there have been some discussions of an extension”

[​IMG]

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You might as well accept it. The Rockets do not seem to really be motivated to trade EG.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Accept it?

[​IMG]

I don’t ask for much from basketball jesus…just that he removes EG and Gary from the team so my eyes can stop bleeding during the game

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gordon reminds me of a alligator at this point. He just drifts along, minimal effort, drifts along, and every once in awhile sees his spot and explodes for about 1/2 second, but then immediately falls back to drifting along.

But somehow he still scores effectively and efficiently.

I cant think of many players who get maximal results from minimal effort like that. He's a natural wonder, like Old Faithful.

Would Gordon's effort be better on a contender, or is that just who he is at this point?

joshuaao, Erbnwarfare and SamFisher like this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Desmond Bane in 15 years

13. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

When I close my eyes and think of Eric Gordon that's the exact pose I see.

ElPigto likes this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Any deal on the table included a negative contract extending beyond the end of this season and if that's the case, I don't blame Stone for turning it down.
    I would have done the same thing, knowing for the last two years that my timeline for a return to contention coincided with the end of John Wall's contract and that it gave me a one year window where I could take on salary before having to start extending my early draft picks. That cap space this coming offseason is critical to the future success of this team.

"We'll give you a #1 pick for Eric Gordon but you have to take back this shiitty contract " ....

That's a totally different offer than:

"We'll give you a #1 pick for Eric Gordon"

I don't believe that deal was ever on the table at all.

I don't believe any of us make that deal, I certainly don't.

Yet we accept the idea that some team made that offer like the shiitty contract part didn't exist.

15. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Shitty contract makes no difference when the rockets aren’t in play to have salary problems. Especially to sign anyone worth even mentioning. They were out here giving the likes of theiss and nwaba deals they had no business getting. Salary is just a weak excuse for waiting too long to trade EG when his value doesn’t get any better as time goes along. Then folks want to use but you need a big contract for trades later on. The asset is the actual pick. Who cares about the salary they take on. It’s not stopping the rockets from doing anything. The time to trade him was a long time ago and turning down 1st rounder offers was just another fail.

luckyman76, Erbnwarfare and Nook like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

People forget how talented Eric Gordon was coming out of HS and his one year in college. He has decent size, he is very strong, he has very long arms, he had a 40 inch vertical, a very good first step and a quickly developing jump shot. For all the praise we hear from Stone and some others, he isn't really known as the hardest worker and he also has been selfish in the past. He always has kind of been like a sailboat going whatever direction the wind takes him.

BigMaloe, joshuaao and theDude like this.
  18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Exactly. Tucker and EGo should have been out of here the second Harden was traded and I still believe that could have landed Wiggins here. Oladipo should have been jettisoned immediately, not later or offered a stupid extension. Wood may have been able to send Wall out of here much sooner. Why is that important? It means we could have churned many more assets sooner and some of those aren't something you discard. None of these players had any future with the Rockets. When you know that you don't waste two years going on three years keeping players.

theDude likes this.
  19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

20. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

I can’t believe we did nothing to pick up Charles Bassey. I wanted him in a trade package to Philly but to not pick him up after being waived is criminal. Maybe he was set on the Spurs being a native there but we still should have got him in a trade package. I understand Garuba is our project but Bassey is the real deal for rim protection and rebounding we needed in a backup. Plus he’s going to wind up being a stretch big with the chains now removed.

#900 Poonwalker, Nov 13, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2022