1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Height and strength do matter. That is like saying that Jordan would be a better center than Kareem if he were 7'3".

Iverson was a point guard. He defended point guards and that is why the Sixers had to have a guy next to him that could guard tall guards.

I loved watching AI, and he was an amazing player but he wasn't as good as James Harden.

Harden was better at just about every part of the game.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok.

It's pointless if you can't even admit to what you originally said, no biggy anyway I stand by everything I said, keep moving the goalpost.

3. sefril

sefril Member

LOL, and still you dont get it..
    Using your words: “you want to make me do all the work” :D:D

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This was my first post responding to you yesterday…

5. SelvianFly

SelvianFly New Member

I was in the 6th grade of Iverson's rookie year, and he was the first player besides Hakeem Olajuwon that I watched every chance I could, and honestly was my favorite player growing up. My mom would get floor seats at the Summit and I was Iverson'ed down with his tracksuit set and the answer black and gold shoes, cheering him on as he crossed up Matt Maloney. James Harden is how I discovered clutchfans, because I wanted him from OKC and felt like he would take off. I lurked this site through the LOF wars, Carmelo's Courting, Parson's heel turn, Bizarro Superman Howard, and BobbytheGreat newsletter lol I can say I watched 90% of James Hardens games in a Houston uniform, I've never watched a player more on the night to night basis. James Harden has a better career than Iverson by far numbers wise, but this is why the phrase "men lie, women lie, numbers don't" is a fallacy because Iverson outdoes Harden in just about every intangible way possible. They were both nightlife guys, but Iverson was never going to mail it in. He might go 7-30, but dammit that man was going to put up 30 shots and dive into the first row for loose balls. They would put up graphics in the pregame about how many current injuries Iverson was playing with, there just wasn't a tougher more competitive guy. I love them both and are 2 of my top 3 favorite players, but Honestly, we don't lose to Golden State in Game 7 with Iverson, and if we did, it damn sure wasn't going to be because Trevor Ariza didn't hit a 3, it was going to be because Iverson went 10-35 from the field and 0-10 from 3

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Because we would have been eliminated prior to that already with Iverson

larsv8 likes this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"he hasnt gotten better at anything"

LOL @ week 1 stats and those that try to extract anything meaningful from them either way. Just having some fun!

jiggyfly, wolstein and Bobbythegreat like this.
  8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You are leaving out the most important part of the question, which is that we are specifically talking about guys who have not shown any improvement (in ts%) in the first three years. That’s the rule of thumb. Lavine is a bad example because he showed improvement immediately in his first seasons. The trend here that myself and others are referencing is that players who become great almost always improve in their first 3 years. If you don’t see it in the first 3 years then it rarely ever happens. Rarely, not never, so there are examples. But for every guy you find who does this I can find you 100 who didn’t.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

LOL iverson would be COMPLETEY worthless against that worries team. Comparing those 2 is such an insult to harden it's crazy that a rockets fan would do that, and kinda sad

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I kind of like that those "definitely Rockets fans" will be so upset the next several years due to certain Rockets players playing well.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"team first" :rolleyes:

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  13. wolstein

wolstein Member

So far he improved his defence and free throw shooting. His decision making is still not good enough but I'm confident he'll improve. He demonstrated that he is willing and capable to learn.

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

When you look at the game logs from the beginning of last year to the beginning of this year you can see some improvement with the turnovers, negligible but its there. You have to try and remember that both years Silas is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with this rotations. Chemistry takes some time to develop. By years end I would hope that these guys know how to play with one another similar to the end of last year and improve the overall efficiency of the entire team in the process.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. wolstein

wolstein Member

Yeah, his turnovers are down significantly. Already forgot about that

16. Carpe82

Carpe82 Member

Thats only proves first five last year were horrendous. By the way hes playing also more minutes and taking (even) more shots (cWood shots)

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

ok.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

But But his ts% is 4% below league average.

[​IMG]

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If it can happen to Harden, of course it can Happen to KPJ.

And no I am not comparing the 2.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

We wouldn't be in a game 7 against the Warriors.

Iverson's game is not the type of offensive you center around to win 65 games in a season. The Eastern conference was a joke. If he had his entire career in the West he probably sniffs the playoffs a couple of times in his career. The Sixers were good enough to reach the in finals once because of their defense which AI had little do with why it was good. Their offense sucked and it sucked because he was their best offensive option rather than someone who can do it more efficiently.