1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Breh, I would be careful with that in this new world of non binary people.

Easy, AroundTheWorld and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Lol what? Iverson wasn’t even close to harden as a scorer that’s utterly ridiculous. I know a lot of people here seem to hate harden for whatever reason and will take any opportunity to insult and denigrate him but good god man

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You seem to not even know what my point was if you think that blew it up.

That one year really has minimal to do with my point, the poster said it was hard to raise a ts% 4 points Lavine raised it 8 points and that season has nothing to do with that fact.

After 159 games Levine was shooting a ts% of around 53% KPJ has yet played 159 its 142 and his ts% is around 52%. so Lavine has shot over 60% the last 2 years he raised his TS% 6% over the last 2 years and you this guy saying its hard for KPJ to raise his TS% 4 points.

Jrue Holiday has made an even higher jump.

I gave you 4 guys who have done it the fact you all keep harping on this 4 year thing shows you are being disingenuous, yes we are waiting on KPJ just to be average we should at least wait for him to have played 2 complete seasons worth of games.

It's funny that you are talking about Lavine being hurt so throw out those numbers when KPJ has missed a huge amount of time the last 2 seasons.

So ok you got me with Lavine
    so can we now talk about Holiday or any of the other guys I posted?

Goalpost changed,

So now it has to be to high level when before you were talking about league average.

Lavine had about the same ts% after playing the same amount of games and after playing in college unlike KPJ and Jrue Holiday was terrible after 5 years those are guys just of the top of my head, you keep claiming something as true and have yet to bring any actual data.

I gave you 3 guys and you have tried to move the goalpost on all of them.

Jalen Brunson is another player who has raised his average over 5% points.

I have no idea why you guys are trying to claim KPJ is a finished product and that it will be hard for him to raise his TS%

Chauncy Billups is another guy who raised his ts% over 4 points.

So yeah it can be done and has been done.

Deangelo Russel is another guy that has done it.

Waiting for you to show your work.

Also what guy are we waiting for KPJ to become?

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why do you keep basing the argument on years played and not games played?

And ok I give you Lavine since you all want to keep focusing on him but how about all the other like guys like Holiday, Billups or D Russel?

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

WTF does join date have to do with anything?

Can you please explain your hypothesis, do you think burner accounts just started after I joined?

Hit dog holla.

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Russel is garbage, who cares. Holiday is a great example and one reason that most people think kpj still has a chance (though he’s also an elite defender which kpj isn’t). Billups also is someone to took a long time, so another good one. I’m not sure if you’re serious about why people use years played, most development takes place during the offseason. I would expect someone to be much further along played 40 games a year for 4 years then 80 game a year for 2.

clutchdabear likes this.
  7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

My dear lord….Prayers for your reading comprehension

clutchdabear likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I disagree that most development takes place in the off season you need actual game reps especially as a lead guard, you can't recreate those scenarios in the off season.

Also, the fact remains these other guys had the off season and games played so still different circumstances, you also have understood most of these guys did not change positions.

I wholeheartedly disagree about years vs games played.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

this dude acting like he made a point…lmao

but please, continue bringing up 4th year Zach Lavine and exposing more of your ignorance casual…of course u had no clue about why his TS% was low that year

clutchdabear and jordnnnn like this.
  10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

So you would view 4 years at 40 games as equal (or even less) then 2 years at 80 games?

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Ya this totally ignores the time a player has with NBA level training staffs. 4 years is 4 off seasons with NBA training staff and strength and conditioning experts.

clutchdabear likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think games actually played is more important to development point blank, not saying off season stuff is not important but any coach will tell you lessons learned in actual game situations are the most important.

I have no idea why we are trying to drill down on this when I have given examples of games played and years played.

This is not really relevant to the original discussion, is it hard for a guy to raise his TS% 4 points and have guys done it before. that's the actual question.

14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

But you have only found 2 guys, and holiday is a 3rd option, not a lead guy

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Sad that you keep ignoring everybody else I noted and continue to harp on lavine.

And also keep focusing on the one year when the original argument was raising ts% 4 points so that one year does not even matter he has raised over 6% multiple times.

Do better my guy and stop with trying to clown me all the time, you got a 000 average so far.

I know you hate KPJ but don't let that hate continue to make you look foolish.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

u keep trying and failing…you’re way out of your league here little one

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Man even your retorts are becoming stale.

Embarrassing.

[​IMG]

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

the only thing embarrassing here is your bum ass attempting to talk ball

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The argument was absolutely NEVER about a players ability to raise their TS% by 4%. You brought up the 4% number as if that wasn’t a big difference, when it absolutely is. I must have typed high volume, high efficiency 40 times yesterday. High volume, high efficiency was the entire point. Raising 4% and becoming league average-ish is not high efficiency, it’s a baseline of acceptability, but not really what you want from a guy taking 17+ shots per game.

Point blank my entire point in all of my posts yesterday was that it is RARE, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE for a player to become a HIGH VOLUME AND HIGH EFFICIENCY(just in case you aren’t sure what I mean by that I mean someone who scores a lot of points and does it on well above league average efficiency) player when they had not shown consistent improvement in efficiency in their first few years in the league.

The posts are all there. Feel free to go back and reread.

You listed a bunch of players and I clearly highlighted how those guys had done exactly what I was claiming. Shown improvement to at the very least league average in their first 3 seasons. Something KPJ has not done.

And now somehow you think you have refuted my point with Jrue Holiday and Billups. You were able to come up with two guys and they really don’t even fit the argument, they weren’t high volume AND high efficiency. Holiday eventually increased his efficiency to a high level, AT 31 YEARS OLD, and he wasn’t even a high volume guy by that time, he was a THIRD option. Billups really is no different, while he did eventually reach a level of high efficiency, he was not ever really a high volume scoring guy. His career high in fga per game is 13.2, KPJ is taking a MUCH higher volume of shots.

harold bingo, Tuckmose, Easy and 2 others like this.