1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon vs Twitter update: Elon in Israel !

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Mar 26, 2022.

?

Who is for democracy?

1. Elon

33 vote(s)
    58.9%
  2. Twitter

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. Chinese democracy by Guns N Roses

14 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

2 year prediction for Twitter?
    Will Elon face unprecedented backlash for not filtering out unfavorable opinions (fake news)
    Will Elon directly use Twitter as a weapon against groups he doesn't like?
    Will Elon develop the product further?
    If Elon is successful, will he take all the credit, past and present?
    Other predictions? @Major

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3. Major

Major Member

Short-term, it's going to be internally a mess due to his approach to leadership. Whether it's ultimately a good way to manage people, it's not the way Twitter has been run and his bull-in-the-china-shop approach is not going to go well. There's going to a mass exodus of the best talent, while the lower quality people will less alternatives will stay. Ultimately will probably have to bring in some Tesla leadership to help right the ship. I suspect a high-level Tesla exec becomes the new CEO, and he or she will have a lot of fence-mending to do with staff.

He's not going to fire 75% of the workforce. Or even 50%.

He's not going to use Twitter as a weapon in a general sense; but people will learn that the algos are not biased as they thought. Conservatives will be extremely disappointed with this.

He's already said he's anti-corporate-censorship but will happily follow any government-censorship laws and that anywhere that wants to censor things should just pass laws. So people in China, Iran, Saudi, Russia, etc are likely going to suffer badly and ultimately lose an organizing platform. It will be interesting to see what he does if they pass laws demanding access to user data to use to arrest dissidents.

Long-term, I suspect the product itself will improve in terms of features and usability. That's Elon's strength.

Whether it becomes a free-for-all hellscape is still up in the air. It will be interesting to see how he navigates the "I'm pro-free-speech" thing with advertisers not wanting their ads next to anti-semitism or crazy Trump statements or whatnot, and most people not wanting to see all that stuff, which is why they avoid the "free speech" platforms in the first place. What does he do about harassment? Or pro-violence tweets? Or racism/homophobic tweets/etc?

If Elon is successful in improving Twitter, he will 100% take all the credit, and he would probably deserve most or all of it. I'll be rooting for him because a better Twitter is better for everyone.

What about you? What are your predictions?

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The mundanity is what makes it great; it was pretty good fun and pleasantly amusing to watch the right wing Alpha troll king hero get his long-deserved comeuppance from - Vice Chancellor McCormick of the Delaware Court of Chancery? LOL I used to cover this court and this is just very amusing to me on many a level.

Speaking of getting excited about mundane things that have no impact on your life, I have sad news for @Commodore @AroundTheWorld @tinman and the legions of online MUSKLORDS such as yourself who are very concerned about the smiting of "Parag Agrawal" - a very important person who is very relevant to my daily life and whose fate I follow very closely:

Three of Twitter Inc.’s top executives who were said to be fired after Elon Musk completed his takeover are poised to collect more than $100 million in severance and payouts of previously granted equity awards.

Chief Executive Officer Parag Agrawal, who stepped into the role less than a year ago, is eligible to receive roughly $50 million, according to calculations by Bloomberg News. Chief Financial Officer Ned Segal and Vijaya Gadde, head of legal, policy and trust, are in line for about $37 million and $17 million each, respectively.

LOL:
    Wrong guy is laughing - though Elon definitely did get...served AMIRITE DUDES?

5. Major

Major Member

This is one of my favorite lines of thinking. He basically conned Musk into signing one of the worst binding agreements in history and locked Musk into a deal he tried everything he could to get out of. Agrawal's loyalty is to his shareholders and this is what he accomplished:

[​IMG]

Musk is immediately about $20B less-wealthy today than yesterday, not to mention the $100B he lost prior today due to the mess he made of Tesla stock during this process as well. There was a big selling dump on Monday morning, several hours after which he told bankers to proceed, so I suspect we'll soon learn that he sold even more Tesla at $200/share then as some of his original investors likely bailed on their commitments. Meanwhile, Twitter execs, shareholders, arbitragers, and employees came out like bandits.

Invisible Fan, Sajan, whag00 and 2 others like this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I had already addressed the severance packages. That's normal. Doesn't make any difference to me. But if the folks from the left who kept making completely wrong predictions, @Major @SamFisher want to claim this as a consolation prize in the midst of their highly embarrassing L...fine.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

10. tinman

Supporting Member

99ers
    [​IMG]

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

literally who cares (other than @ catturd2)

Sajan likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If he really does pray to the God of advertising with little-to-no regard for user privacy/tracking, he's gonna make that company money. Not him. But whoever he installs to do it.

If he starts selling secrets/intel - ooo baby. Not saying Elon will and anyone else wouldn't.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

But will the orange man want to get back on twitter if that means his truth fails?

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Probably paid with borrowed money that he never intended to pay back. It doesn't seem to bother him all that much that things fail.

Sajan likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Damn these people are fighting the noblest fights. The fight to make fun of transgender folks is the cause of the century. Hitler would love your cause. He also believes he was oppressed for calling out the ills of transgenderism:
    [​IMG]

#1616 fchowd0311, Oct 28, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
    Commodore likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. tinman

Supporting Member

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

To fight for the right to say that transgender people don't exist.

To fight for the right to say Jews control the media.

The bastion of freedom hinges on these two ideas being able to be spread to the masses to save our nation.