1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woke activists attack Van Gogh: update Bernie Sanders fans attack Monet and Vermeer!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Oct 14, 2022.

?

Why do these woke kids hate art?

1. They can’t draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. They can’t paint

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. They got an F in art because they said a square is a circle because it identifies itself as round

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Effort on what? Wasting everyone’s time just so they can get attention?

seriously I understand climate change and other such things are serious issues stunts like throwing soup at art gluing yourself to an NBA court are unserious responses. They are basically Jackass stunts given a weak rationalization. The guy who went out and hugged Jose Altuve had more relevance since even though misguided had something to do with the game.

I get activists like to celebrate these things as in your face action. More likely these moves hurt the causes they are trying to push. They make them the subject of ridicule and easily dismissed by political opponents. It doesn’t change minds or educated but leads to mockery and scorn.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

And in yes there is a lot to that. That is a serious discussion. One both worthwhile to have and be addressed. Do you think throwing soup will lead to that?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I honestly didn't know their cause existed until they did that. This type of shock protest is probably better for more obscure causes that people don't know about already like climate change.

Yes throwing soup isn't going to make more people aware of climate change. I agree with that.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

@J.R.

these woke losers are wasting food that could be used for humans who are hungry

Also they paid money to get into the museum

money that could be used to save kids from cancer

woke lunatics are the same everywhere

AroundTheWorld and J.R. like this.
  5. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

I swear these woke losers are worse than the Taliban
    @J.R.

J.R. likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

This is a weird one.

They admit cost of living is tied to oil prices but they want to eliminate oil usage?

Euros been trying to reduce CO2 emissions by turning off coal plants and sucking on Russian gas. I guess these kids want us to "do it the right way" with renewable energy but the world is in an energy price hike because renewables could not keep up with energy demand.

Tldr: dumb kids complain CoL prices are too high when cheap oil is the easiest way to lower it for everyone. They should've just stuck with rising sea levels and every animal not listed in the Biblical Ark dying from our solid and gaseous wastes.

8. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

They better get armed guards with machetes for Picasso

9. glynch

glynch Member

In addition there have been hundreds of studies and thousands of articles about practical things that can be done to help the environment.

10. glynch

glynch Member

So I guess that you will become less inclined to want to save the environment and assume that this will be true of a great many others?

Back in the day I would assume you would have thought for quite a while that Ghandi and Rosa Parks were just doing stupid publicity stunts

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Really you’re comparing gluing yourself to the floor of an NBA stadium to protest a farm that was culling chickens and throwing food at works of art to protest climate change with Ghandi’s March to the Sea or Rosa Parks refusing to sit in the back of a segregated bus?

tinman likes this.
  12. glynch

glynch Member

I am sure a great many moderates supporters of Indian Independence or Southern Civil Rights probably found their initial actions to be a bit offputting..

13. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

@J.R.
    @Salvy
    Why the Bernie sanders hate art so much ?

Is it because Monet and Van Gogh have been dead for hundreds of years and they can’t tax them ?

J.R. likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Woke people are crazy breh

they hate art
    And worst of all

they hate fried chicken
    @J.R.

99ers love fried chicken

J.R. likes this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

I bet they would be really mad if it was a Hunter Biden painting... Right @DatRocketFan

[​IMG]

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Don't @ me to the d and d during bb season. I rather not interact with folks about nonsensical things when there's basketball topics to discuss during the season.

Regarding the arts I could give two fks. Call me uncultural. I rather watch sports than a painting and try to analyze it pretentiously.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah but is worth more? A Hunter Biden painting or life? We need to act now to save the world from global warming....

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

So you really think these things are equivalent.

tinman likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum

some people think
    Tmac and VSpan are the same

so yeah

20. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Woke lunatics hate art and music so they can’t make logical comparisons