1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros 2022 Season General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Snake Diggit, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Gurriel came up pretty clutch in the ALCS. I wonder if he has increased the chance Houston offers him a contract to come back. Outside of Abreu and Bell the 1B free agent crop is thin. I could see Houston going with Yuli one more season if he’s willing to take a pay cut, especially if they view Yainer Diaz as the 1B of the future and intend to spend most of their money on extensions and/or bringing back Verlander

#2541 Snake Diggit, Oct 24, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
  2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Passan blocked me.

cmoak1982 and Wulaw Horn like this.
  3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Same thought here. Can't fall in love with what he does over a handful of playoff games, but for a small one year deal, it makes sense. If he can play other positions it would be a no brainer, just not sure if he can still play 3b outside of a pinch, and I didn't think he looked good at 2b during his brief pt there.

4. awc713

awc713 Member

I know this isn’t 2022 Stros related…but I wonder if a sleeper to sign Judge is the Mariners. They’ve lured big fish in before (and from NYY, see Cano)…I don’t see it as likely because I’m guessing NYY will pony up…but if Judge has any ill will towards NYY and wants to go elsewhere…SEA could make some sense. Haniger is out and SEA is really going for in the next 5 years, and they know they’re far behind HOU.

5. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I don’t think Seattle is a match for Judge. The Rangers, Mets, and Dodgers would be my guesses if he doesn’t resign with the Yankees.

I think the Mariners will go after Swanson or Bogaerts and try to get them to play 2B.

6. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Would love to see him go to the Rangers. He’s not enough to come anywhere close to them closing the gap on us, and you’d have to think that with their deals last year that would take up most of what they’d be looking to spend. I guess their thought is that after all these years they are just going to become a pitching development machine?
    He makes sense to me in SF as a homecoming and a big maker team with resources that needs hitting. Dodgers would certainly be interesting.
    no chance I’d fine that dude 8/300 or whatever he’s probably looking for, at that age. I guess if it’s the Dodgers or Mets it probably doesn’t matter as it’s just money and they can spend as much as they feel like.

7. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Dodgers are just so desperate. Lol

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

crose likes this.
  9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wonderful. So Passan writes article after article following the cheating scandal roasting the Astros and cashing in on all the eyeballs he knew he would get by exaggerating the impact of their cheating...and now that they have moved past it he's gonna claim that casting them as villains has somehow helped them become battle hardened and made it easier for them to win today. Which sounds an awwwwwwful lot like him taking some amount of credit for their current success.

Hard not to dislike that douche.

jiggyfly, crose, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  10. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

If I were to handicap most likely, I think

1) Yankees
    2) Dodgers
    3) Giants
    4) Mets
    5) the field

I do think the Mariners sign one of the top shortstops.

I have also heard they want Haniger back and will likely QO him.

11. lnchan

MLB Radio is reporting the Giants won't be out bid for Judge... throw in that it is his hometown plus the fanbase would be very supportive. I think he gets 7 years at $265 mil.

12. lnchan

Passan is trying to be Bob Costas's successor as the most self-righteous member of the media.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Damn, gonna lose him again.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article267855867.html

▪ As MLB Network’s Jon Morosi first reported, and the Herald has confirmed, the Marlins interviewed Astros executive Oz Ocampo for an assistant general manager position.

A source told the Miami Herald that Ng is “hopeful and confident” Ocampo will join the Marlins organization in the coming days.

14. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

15. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Maybe the Astros promote him to AGM here to prevent the brain drain.

J.R. likes this.
  16. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

**** Jeff AssPan. Not giving him clicks.

17. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

https://www.mlb.com/news/senior-scouting-advisor-charlie-gonzalez-key-to-astros-success

19. Rockets34Legend

I love LMJ. Bury these mother****ers.

20. Rockets34Legend