1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Silas on KPJ: "He can have the ball a little bit more..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Oct 24, 2022.

1. ExTxGS

ExTxGS Member

Rockets really wastes time with Silas...

2. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

neither is Segun

maj21 likes this.
  3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Rockets need to firmly establish Jalen as the franchise player. Statements like this is doing Jalen no good..

4. VoR

VoR Member

I’m happy with the distribution tonight. Got a dub, everyone contributed. Youth against youth.

DaDakota likes this.
  5. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I didn’t mention Sengun, wtf is wrong with you?

7. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Itwasn't you my page is loading slow at cell so i accidentally reply you it was the comment above you

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

KPJ is really good but he has lacked a Veteran that can help him stabilize his game. His turnovers are improved he is getting better but he still has a ways to go to in his game management. He is trying to out athlete his opponent to much with iso instead of finding the mis matches first and than using iso as a secondary offense after the initial offense fails. That's just what young teams go thru.

9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Ok, that makes sense now.

10. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

The org needed a douche coach to fully manipulate who to play, how to play, and above all - willing to tank.

They found him in Silas. But from this year on, it is about development of this players, and Silas is just too clueless and soft to do so.

But bottom line, whoever made KPJ believe he is the franchise cornerstone is the one to blame. Watch the home opener and he was the last player introduced... Not JG.

11. bmelo

bmelo Member

Ok, I apologize to Kevin for anything about running the point I said about him. He is great talent at things, he does excellent, and he is a kid that looks pretty likable. From now on, Silas gets all the heat

12. fattz

fattz Member

Silas AND Porter are just placeholders for our rebuild. Neither will be here when we ready to complete. The leadership on and off the court are literally united so with one change the team’s needs will be improved on so many levels. They are holding us back together and that is a wonderful thing for now.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. PatBev

PatBev Member

This is too funny after already benching Sengun

KPJ is being presented as becoming “the best backcourt in the league” according to him, Jalen, and the organization. I don’t think they want him to be facilitating the whole time but help burden the offensive scoring with Jalen. They probably see Jabari as a elite elite 3&D

KPJ needs to score. Can’t be in the playoffs with a Jalen who has gone cold or a Jabari or can’t create. KPJ still has a lot of learning to do but his iso & scoring ability will be handy at times

How many times did we see Harden go cold in the 4th with Gordon as the only other player who could create

If the organization really didn’t believe in him I’d rather start Tyty and tank for Henderson but as long as Stone is with it I’ll support KPJ

14. beardsanity713

You draft a #2 & #3 pick but our coach wants prioritize a ball hog reclamation project to run the show smh

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Bottom line, you guys are Sengun fans angry when he comes off the court. The Rockets need footspeed & athleticism and Sengun doesn't have either. I agree with Silas

maj21 likes this.
  16. bmelo

bmelo Member

Rockets have enough of athleticism and not enough of good decision making

17. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

All they are doing is pumping his value, so we can trade him tot he lakers. We are in asset collection mode. He's flashy, he sells tickets for the time being.

18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Have you Sengun's dumb azz turnovers last game?

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Silas playing 4D chess saying KPJ needs the ball more to increase his trade value

20. maj21

maj21 Member

And Sengun is a horrible decision maker lmao