1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woke activists attack Van Gogh: update Bernie Sanders fans attack Monet and Vermeer!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Oct 14, 2022.

?

Why do these woke kids hate art?

1. They can’t draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. They can’t paint

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. They got an F in art because they said a square is a circle because it identifies itself as round

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Cool story. Guess anyone could pretend to b van gogh fan just have to search up his name on Google and copy and paste a video about him.

Let's b real no one gives a fk about art especially folks on a sport forum. Can't wait for basketball season to start. All these faux outrage threads ain't providing the same entertainment

3. Two Sandwiches

They should have eaten it then.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

y u mad tho

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

“I’m afraid because the science tells us that we won’t be able to feed our families in 2050.”

They also believe in the “science” that men can get pregnant. @tinman

6. glynch

glynch Member

The real question is why do right wingers like the original poster hate the environment even to point of posing to be the only persons who like art. Pretty puzzling they don't even care about the future of their kids and grandkids.

Can any sane person actually argue that is is more important to get lathered about potential damage to a famous painting (I love Van Gogh) than the fate of the planet. Just weird.

I think that many increasingly realize that the problems is unregulated markets and a political system based on bribing elected officials by the ultrawealthy who feel their wealth can somehow protect themselves from climate disaster. These ultrawealthy fear that their wealth and personal privileges will need to be curbed to combat damages due to man made climate change, which reality is forcing them to grudgingly admit.

#26 glynch, Oct 23, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  7. glynch

glynch Member

Next thing the guy will claim his reaction to the tomato sauce on the glass over the Van Gogh is tied into w the religious belief on abortion which his crowd wishes to inflict on all Americans.

8. glynch

glynch Member

I suppose a mild mannered contented post on moderate dot com about the environment would suffice?

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

And does stunts like this do anything? When the protesters glued themselves to the floor of the Target Center last year during the NBA playoffs do you know exactly what they were protesting about or if anything has actually been done about that issue?

I know you like to insult people as “contented” I already gave a set of things they could do instead of a look at me stunt like throwing soup at a painting. They could work to change policies by electing candidates that support their cause. They could work professionally to develop new technologies and practices to do address those issues. In fact my work in architecture is about dealing things with climate resiliency, energy efficiency and have actual projects that address those things. While just the other day made another donations to candidates who support those cause.

Of course if that is too contented for you I could just go and glue myself to the floor of Target Center next Timberwolves home game.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I mean the only reason I know Glenn Taylor's farm killed five million chickens in two hours is because of that incident so ya it kinda does work sometimes.

Now whether you think that is a worthy cause is up to you but they objectively increased the awareness of the issue.

A lot of people do have the most basic levels of intellectual curiosity to ask "why the **** did they do that" and that's how more people know about that situation.

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Bernie Sanders fans hate art

AroundTheWorld and J.R. like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

And do you know if anything has been done about it because of that?

13. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Those mash potatoes could have helped save hungry children or people in Africa

These Bernie sanders she hulk fans are crazy

AroundTheWorld and J.R. like this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I mean they are already dead.

I don't know what actionable thing we can do but I do know about the situation. And sometimes causes take more than a few months to reach their goals.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I can tell you that nothing was done about the situation. Most Minnesotans didn’t care about the issue or roundly criticized the protestors. Many more chickens and other poultry were killed the last few months in Minnesota farms because of a bird flu outbreak so if they were trying to save chickens many more have died their stunts.

tinman likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I admire them for their effort then.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I will check it out but certainly there are steps that industries that have taken that haven’t produced the desired result or made things worse.

To the main point of this thread though stunts like throwing soup at Van Goghs aren’t addressing that. These aren’t well thought out policy proposals but rationalizing attention whoring.

tinman likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Capitalism weaponized efficiency basically. You cannot create more "energy efficient" systems in a capitalist system where there is growth for growth's sake and not expect that efficiency to be weaponized to output more than ever which eventually diminishes or eliminates the benefits of that improved efficiency.

It's a very deep rooted systemic issue and not just some instances of industries making things worse.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

This is a tinman thread. There is no point to it besides trolling. So I'm fine with derailing it.