1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What’s up Gerrit Coles butt?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by my time to shine, Oct 21, 2022.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Because you wrote this

if Houston paid him the same money as NYY, he'd rather be here...

That part doesn't sound like an "I don't know..."

2. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

As if we needed more evidence that kids don’t have fully mental faculties.

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

literally in the same post I said this: "only he knows how he truly feels. I don't, and you certainly don't, and neither do any of the posters here."

try again. like I said people all the time say they want to be something and when they actually get there, it may not be what they thought.

nah yall are just basic. everything is black and white

red5rocket likes this.
  4. bobrek

So, then why did you close your post with that definite statement?

5. Scarface281

because I simply forgot to put "imo" but my statement about how no one truly knows in the same post should have told you something, but of course you don't want to highlight that part.

why are you defending Cole so hard and failing to see that perhaps he would have rather been on the Astros for the same money than booed in NY? just because he was a Yankees fan at 10 years old? it's a possibility and at the end of the day, the posts we write here speculating/discussing it matter little. this is an ASTROS board so I'll make fun of Cole if I want. people do take it too seriously..

red5rocket likes this.
  6. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

You made a bad argument and got called out on it. Cole most likely doesn’t regret anything for the reasons given…the money, the fact that he previously said he dreamed of being a Yankee, and what hasn’t been mentioned is how ****ing pissed he was that he didn’t get to pitch game in game seven. He is not like springer or Correa who were drafted by the astros and grew up with the org. There was no negotiation or even a hint of a story about him wanting to return. You just said that cause of the high of us beating his ass. But some people in this forum like that we have substance behind the opinions that are made.

crose likes this.
  7. Scarface281

Well that was a weak call out and my only "argument" (seriously??) was that he likely would have stayed in Houston if the money was the same. people say "but he was a yankees fan as a kid" but when kids turn into adults sometimes things change, such as what they want to be. there are several players that could have had the opportunity to play with their childhood team and end of not doing it (and mostly based on money). Sometimes these people come back as execs once they retire instead.

but anyway you're talking about there was no hint of him wanting to return, but no **** dude! the Astros werent going to offer Cole what the Yankees did and he/his team likely already knew that. this is why I said, clearly, if Houston paid him the same money. Yankees are literally paying him double per year what the Astros offered... Not sure why you went there lol

8. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

Just to be clear…given equal money he’d rather be in Houston is your stance. And you think that cause he just lost to the Astros.

9. Scarface281

I said this hours before the game even started...

and you were over here talking about "we like substance behind our opinions". come on man

10. my time to shine

Great - yankees fans infiltrating clutchfans now

Scarface281 likes this.
  11. bobrek

Yeah.... that's me. Pretty sure I am one of only a handful of posters who attended games at Colt Stadium and playoff games in 1980, 1981 and 1986. I think I am the only one who has a certified Jimmy Wynn Colt .45 jersey (look him up). I listened to no hitters pitched by Ken Johnson and Don Nottebart (look them up). While I may not be the biggest Astros fan (whatever that is defined as being), no one on this board has been a Houston Colt .45/Astro longer than me.

Nook, Rileydog, charlieaustin and 5 others like this.
  12. Scarface281

you must have known you sounded like a yankee fan since you felt compelled to tell your astros fandom history. it was just a joke man lol. everyone here knows your an astros fan. keep enjoying these glory years. this is a fun freaking time!

my time to shine likes this.
  13. bobrek

Hard to tell when it's a poster who I don't remember ever posting in the Astros forum.

charlieaustin, YOLO, RKREBORN and 4 others like this.
  14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

He still mad about game 7

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Some Rockets fans are Yankees fans. Is that infiltrating?

16. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Infiltrating or not, that’s just plain weird.

Tomstro and AkeemTheDreem86 like this.
  17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Harden sucks.

Tomstro likes this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Yordan The Great

Not but it's likely infuriating to many.

20. Yordan The Great

We talking about game 7 of the ALCS in 2019 vs the Yankees that never came to be?