1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I actually missed this quote from last night. Well that shows where the mindset of the organization remains with Green feeling comfortable enough to say this. Silas is just a figurehead type coach at this point to continue to tank in hopes of getting another high draft pick. It is what it is. Hope all this losing pays off. The key is still who the real coach will be once they get out of tank mode.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

remember when silas played alpi 6 minutes a night when alpi could have won ROY?...adam silver needs to step in and investigate the cheater

Ankara1923 likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

fire silas now anyway! just for the laughs...

Ankara1923 and roxallways like this.
  4. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Before he throws up!

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Newlin

Newlin Member

I didn’t remember that, so I looked at the game logs from last season. He averaged more than 20 minutes per game for the season. He usually played between 15-25 minutes per game, and he had some games where he played more than 30 minutes. He had many games in which he had 4-5 fouls in less than 20 minutes played.

I think you are missrembering things a bit.

6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Why would poorman fire silas? Silas is everything he could ever ask for in a coach

Cheapest coach in the league, a yesman and easy fall guy, and is so bad he assures the rockets will never contend and poorman wont ever have to pay the luxury tax

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you forgot to mention sengun had stamina problems?

in fact you misunderstood what i was saying...i didnt say he averaged 6 minutes a night... but that he sometimes used to play him that many minutes when he could have played him more and allow him to win ROY...but no he had to play danuel thesis to keep him ready for celtics playoffs run...this is who you defend... the hater of a young man who came from europe and is of a different race...he had to stop him because giannis and lebron couldnt(yeah go back to game logs and check it you boxscore watcher!)

and i was focused most of the last season on this topic so i know my stuff well and you have no clue what was happening you boxscore analyst!

fouls arguments and average minutes arguments are already refuted million times last season ...you are clearly clueless of momentum, psychology and other important stuff like rhythm eg

you have no clue about rhythm... its hard to catch any rhythm when you play 4 x 3 minutes...so it is better you didnt even play then to play in such a manner out of position and out of proper role and lose confidence

the fact remains only an ignorant/biased coach can look at alpi and say i am gonna play this guy 6 minutes a night on a lot of nights when he could have easily won roy honors and i am gonna make him a floor spacer for danuel house, danuel thesis and c wood...

yes keep defending the genius coach and dont forget to check gamelogs because you didnt follow it when it mattered and wasnt even aware of what was really happening....

Ankara1923 likes this.
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Just getting this ready before the game is over.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Garuba starting this game is the final straw. Can him.

BleedRocketsRed, ashleyem and ak99999 like this.
  10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Why is Mathews in and not Tari in this lineup?

Edit: Now he is but Mathews shouldn't be on the floor.

Richie_Rich, ArtV, Gakatron and 5 others like this.
  11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Fire him now imo

ashleyem and ThatboyPhuong like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think the biggest flaw so far for Silas I'm seeing is he does not know the strengths of his players and how to apply them in a game setting. He does not know how to utilize Green's speed. He does not know how to utilize Sengun's playmaking.

#112 fchowd0311, Oct 22, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  13. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

He don't understand the game period

Ankara1923 and ashleyem like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He would have been if Leslie Alexander was still there, throwing it out there.

Milkhair cough....

15. marinara

marinara Member

Exactly you clearly have more knowledge then him, can you write a report on how you would run the offence and what counters you suggest? Also run me through your defensive scheme.

16. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Im not surprised by the coaching evals here. Many hete thought MDA was a championship coach. And firing him wad a mistake. The guy is nowhere to be found. How about Morey/Harden and the 0-3 76ers?

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Proves my point, every angle is different and it's relative and not absolute.

18. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Are you Silas?

19. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Very compelling argument... but I'm still not convinced.

glimmertwins and Stoic Rob like this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Rockets really need to find a Rick Adelman type of Coach to bring Out Center Passing Plays and Run and Gun Offense.

Jalen Green I think needs a Speedster Point Guard that makes plays quickly.

KPJ slows down the game so much and looks confused. Iso plays are hurting not helping.

ThatboyPhuong likes this.