1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

One of Jalen or KPJ should be in the game at all times. Silas’ rotations suck. I just hope he doesn’t waste a year of development for Bari, Tari, and Sengun to play small ball with Gordon, Matthews, KJM, and Tate. We finally have some height, utilize it you Moron.

2. dmoneybangbang

Sports fandom and the endless optimism of the off season/ pre season…..

GARM will be annoying until it finally sinks in that we will be marginally improved from last year.

SamFisher likes this.
  3. stab

stab Member

Think of Silas as the Bo Porter of the Rockets rebuild. He’s here for a specific reason.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Just take names for when they get hot after January when the real tank off gets going.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Shhhhhhhhhhh…..don’t say anything…..please let him enjoy this loss!!!

aaquaa, hakeem94 and Ankara1923 like this.
  6. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Hands down nicest coach in the NBA….in the scheme of life, Silas is right in saying winning doesn’t ultimately matter. He’ll never win on the court, but he’s winning over these kids hearts and teaching them how to be quality people (like KPJ). We have to decide as fans what’s more important to us.

hakeem94, Ankara1923 and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah the team overall is still making some of the same mistakes that they have always made under Silas which is not showing much growth and development. The team looked well in the preseason but the competition has stepped up a notch now that the regular season has started. I truly believe that not having a real starting pg is a huge issue but Silas isn't doing much to give the team much direction it appears either. Silas looks like a career assistant coach and doesn't appear to have what it take to be a good head coach. It's one thing to be a players coach and it's another to be a doormat. This team needs a real leader at head coach to get to where they need to be ultimately.

slothy420 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It kinda doesn't matter if we like Silas or not. Our players haven't established themselves enough yet to get a top coach to come over.

What you want is for the players to be so good that the Rockets become the most desired coaching job in the league. Then you get your Udoka.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I think by next summer it will be time to move on to the next coach.

Get someone who can install accountability, effort, culture, and identity. most importantly help win some games through solid strategy, rotations and game management.

Its ok if they're a retread. we just need someone tried and true to get us to the play-in and then the playoffs.

A few options off the top of my head: Vogel, Snyder, Stotts, Borrego, Stackhouse, Atkinson, JVG, Charles Lee (Bucks Ast), Chris Quinn (Heat Ast), Hollins, Abdelfettah, and I hate to say it but MDA would actually work wonders with Jalen, Jabari, Alpy, and KPJ, but unfortunately I think Tilman burned that bridge.

10. a time to chill

I took another look at the schedule and just now realized how hard it is early on. I thought for sure we would get our first win when we play the Jazz next week but they are looking strong. If we don't get a win in October and start the season 0-8 I'm getting on board the fire Silas, tank for Wemby train.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We don't really have a coach problem, we have a fan expectation problem.

People are mad because they had unrealistic expectations.

Coaches are a lazy target for people who just want to vent.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol 19 minutes is 3 times more than sengun who often played 6 minutes a night despite being the best rookie and the best rocket while theis and others played near 40 minutes
    TAKE THAT FOR DATA

#92 hakeem94, Oct 22, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    DeBeards likes this.
  13. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Finish the season with Silas, give 2 years+rolling contract to Snyder. If it works, keep him, not, employ a higher profile coach for championship. Who knows who will be available in 2025 (Kerr, Spo, Udo, Kidd,..)?

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think fans need to separate themselves from the team and realize that being a fan does not make you any part of the organization. You are just a spectator. The ACTUAL ownership needs you to be a fanatic so that you will buy the TV subscriptions, tickets, gear and talk incessantly about the team. That's how they make their money. Even the players know, it's just a business. Fanatics don't. Fanatics are caught in a fantasy trap that somehow THEY will be Champions when the team wins. Ownership will continue to pray on fanatics with hype marketing because they know, even though it's wrong, they're making money. It's really like a drug dealer and druggy relationship.

So you know, YOU are not tanking and YOU are not the worst team in the league. YOU are just a fanatic. Not trying to be disrespectful, just trying to help. You are going to make yourself emotionally upset over something that should mean nothing to you.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  15. Ancient Moabite

Jalen think he slick by throwing in that code word for tanking but covering his butt by saying the wise switch up as losing is learning

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Sil@ss is just keeping the seat warm until Ime Udoka's arrival….

Ankara1923 and aaquaa like this.
  17. Qan

Qan Member

Winning...this is a fcking professional basketball league...not some damn college/hs program. I don't give sht if a coach is nice or not...I want results or, at the minimum, signs of progress towards winning. Don't really care much for this year since tanking is beneficial to getting a top pick, but I would like to see something. Silas needs to go coach in college or highschool somewhere.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  18. a time to chill

Hide your wives

19. TimDuncanDonaut

"we want to be a team that's hard to play against"

I heard the exact same quote from Billup's pre-season as a main goal for the upcoming season for the Blazers. That and "staying connected".

If we lose, I don't want it to be blow-outs. So I agree there with what Silas said. But for fans been around the NBA a long time; we've heard lot of these phrases before. It's the NBA equivalent of corporate jargons.

#99 TimDuncanDonaut, Oct 22, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    Deckard likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

ClutchFans consensus evaluations...

2014, McHale: "He doesn't have a system! They're all just running around doing whatever they want!"

2016, Bickerstaff: "He doesn't have a system! They're all just running around doing whatever they want!"

2019, D'Antoni: "He doesn't have a system! They're all just running around doing whatever they want!"

2022, Silas: "He doesn't have a system! They're all just running around doing whatever they want!"

larsv8 likes this.