1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

tank dreamers said there’s no losing culture with tanking…that it won’t have any effect on the players

So why are y’all hyping up these quotes? They mean nothing

tank on and continue to lose as many games as possible…That’s the goal right?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Jalen Green played not good in start of rookie season just because Silas told him stayed at corner to wait the ball from Wood and KPJ. Jalen Green played less mins and less touches than other top rookies.

I remember it clearly. Do you really think Cunningham and Barnes far better than Green? I don't think so! Green should have got the ROY if he could have a better coach.

bmelo and ThatboyPhuong like this.
  4. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Btw this might be 7th or more thread at this topic not 2nd

Ankara1923 likes this.
  5. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Don't forget that jalen green didn't get to play garbage min like other rookies either.

bmelo and PeterKingX like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

So you telling me none of our guys are getting developed? :rolleyes:

So Jalen Green, KPJ, Sengun etc all these guys are just as bad a year ago as they are today?

These braindead takes always crack me up.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

They would be all star shoe-ins with a real coach. Possibly all nba.

8. mirdirir

mirdirir Member

It is not about winning or losing. We should be on our way to build a contender team. With loads of talented youngster key area is the define roles and build a winning culture. Winning games is not a priority.

When i watch the last game against less talented Grizzlies team who had no real offensive threat other than Morant, i could not see any roles given, competitiveness or team cohesion at all. Everyone seems to have their own agenda. Green and Porter are not distributing the ball at all. When we add Matthews and Christopher, 5 guards and 10 assists in total. Green's offensive game is not going to be effective unless he becomes a triple threat. His forced shots gone in yesterday but in other nights, especially in playoffs it would be rarely the case. KPJ's 2pt attempts are 2-8. He is forcing things inside rather than making the team play. Ja went off for 49 on our backcourt and no one took responsibilty because everyone was preoccupied with their own agenda. If you are going to be great, you have to have the mentallity. Doesnt matter if they are 15 or 35, you cant drop 49 on Jordan or Kobe without a fair fight. Even if you do, expect 60 in return next time you meet.

It's only his 2nd professional game but Jabari seemed lost in the court. He was so upset that he was not utilised properly he let the game go. 2nd year internation Aldama who is a pf, grabbed 4 orebs on him against his 1 treb. No one batted an eye since no roles were assigned and no coach available whatsoever. If we had one, he would told Jabari to hold his **** together and put a body on that scrub in the first offensive rebound he had. Thats exactly how you teach how to play, not putting high picks on long leash and expect them to sort out.

All the starters have 2 steals and 2 blocks combined. No hardwork, no teamplay whatsoever. Rebuilding is not letting few kids to do as they please, allowing bad and lazy habits occur or losing games with no effort and team cohesion. Its about talent development and man management. Silas lacks both of them.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This is a very good post. Silas doesn't come across as the type of coach that will whip a player for playing like a damn diva.

hakeem94 and albuster like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You will soon see that there are different player types...do I care about it enough?nope, for all I care the best scorer could win it.

It's not up to the fans.

11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Believe in Sil@ss…….
    He’s led us to back to back lotto picks!
    The trifecta is almost complete…

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

Is it really that hard to admit that some of y’all were a little too optimistic going into the regular season?

Silas is going nowhere this year and he shouldn’t be… unless something happens to warrant it.

larsv8 and Ekiu like this.
  13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I honestly don’t get why so many fought so hard against what is essentially a universal truth of the NBA. Young teams don’t win. Over half our roster is 21 and under. We’re gonna lose a lot.

hashmander, larsv8 and Ekiu like this.
  14. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I have already written (another thread) that the team should be coached by Quin Snyder for the transition (2 years, between 2023-25).This Silas Jr. is killing not only future hopes but also our current day joy.

He is a tractor driver who was asked to compete in F1 racing. Hopeless.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I’ve been saying this since the beginning. Silas is not a good NBA head coach. He is a great guy and tremendous person, but unfortunately he is not a good coach.

hakeem94 and albuster like this.
  16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Sengun isn't a allstar and will never be

17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Bad coach based off what? And what are the expectations on a team rebuilding

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

How about you get out with these redundant and unnecessary new threads?

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Then find a different team to root for right now. Your franchise player is on board with this. You should be too.

Astros tanked for 3 years too and that’s how they drafted their core.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Who's asking Gordon to play point when kpj and Jalen sit? Fire that guy immediately!

hakeem94 likes this.