1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/21/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

You’re just running your mouth at this point. Kobe didn’t become Kobe until his fifth season. Green is averaging way more shots than Kobe did his first three seasons. Just stop the gibberish.

kdchilds likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

those assists were definitely sneaky because I completely overlooked them

he had this FILTHY hesi move on Sengun

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Garuba is going to get killed by the alphabet man.

Boii likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Look dude. You didn't watch every minute of action of 82 games of Kobe and MJ their first two years. You saw highlights. That's fine. But if you think 19 year old Kobe every game was chucking at the same rate and never deferred is just nothing but nostalgia.

Green will be aggressive. It's the second game of his second year. The last rookie to score 30 6 straight game was AI. And that includes all the rookies since AI that got into the league at much older ages than Green. The fact that he was 19 and did that should tell you something.

aaquaa likes this.
  5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Let him score, don't leave their shooters open.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sengun is not a bad FT shooter he just needs an oxygen tank after playing > 25 minutes

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

One of them was a super obvious carry, replay showed it. Not that they’re going to call it

8. riko

riko Member

Losing to morant is understandable but Silas and his coaching is not. This guy is a nice human being for sure but he is not going to be the next coach that can turn this team into a contender

9. mario_v

mario_v Member

Then he’s just a role player.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe shooting up airballs in the playoffs in the fourth quarter as a teenager. He always had the mentality. Never said he made them. But he took them and didn't shy away from the moment,

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think that's the case. As they have been saying, Sengun likes the ball in his hand,, so does Porter. They have to learn how to play off one another.

When Porter was rolling, Sengun was non existent and when Sendlgun was rolling Porter was non existant.

I think the Rockets problem is Gordon. They just need a true SF that can shoot. It will spread the court. Gordon is a turnover waiting to happen, he's too short and he doesn't play fast.

aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I never said he chucked up every game. I just said if he was as hot as green he wouldn't have deferred as much.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And for a vet he has blinders on.

Im actually cool with staggering KPJ and Alp. But they will have to play with each other at some point. This is where I hope KPJ can use his amazing catch and shoot percentages

hlmbasketball likes this.
  14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody is saying this but the Rockets missed Bruno. They were out rebounding Memphis in the first half but when Bruno went out, they couldn't grab a rebound......that hurt!

15. J Rock

J Rock Member

For now yes, but that can change with development. He’s only 18 after all. In the meantime we have to put him in position to succeed. That’s on coach.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Call him what you want, just put him a position to succeed. Klay out here with no dribbles going to the hall. coaching matters when you have a player like Jabari. Paolo, Green, etc is a roll the ball out there and cook player. you have to scheme for players like sengun and bari.

bari is a spot up shooter, he has a turn around jumper. He is not going to be dribbling like KD sorry to break it to some of you.

beardsanity713 and DeBeards like this.
  17. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Silas goal is to develop players while being competitive but Tilman once again stated before the game that he wants a top draft pick even tho he hates losing….

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Don’t double down on a **** take.

Green clearly has the mentality. There’s nothing more obvious. Like every other young star before him he’s learning when to get his and when to look for others. It’s a process. He’s ahead of schedule.

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Only one of them has a great pass vision. You teach them to play together YOU DONT GIVE UP ON ONE.

clutchdabear and aaquaa like this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What an odd thing to point out that I happen to reply in x amount of time. You do know this website has alerts, right? So if I'm on the website and see it alerted me then I can choose to respond???

Your reply came 6 minutes after mines? Congrats?

My point was that KPJ guarding Morant those two possessions was a mistake, proven by the fact that KPJ wasn't checking him all game long unless he was swapped on to him. You replied that it didn't matter because Morant couldn't be stopped, a point so silly that it contradicts the nature of defense. My point was never that the game was decided at that moment. You know that. This is another strawman attempt to cover up your previous silly argument that the Rockets should just roll over instead of do anything.

Your point is further defeated by the fact that Morant WAS stopped late in the game multiple possessions because the Rockets played good defense on him and made it harder on him.

I'm still discussing it because you clearly want to. You should look through the thread. I've discussed multiple facets of this game while you've been stuck discussing this one to score your 'internet' points.