1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/21/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Exit velocity of Sengun's FT is too low?

aaquaa and ashleyem like this.
  2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Idk what is up downtown snipers ass, so negative

3. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Keep losing Organically Rockets to get Wembaya! This is the way so cheer up guys the future is bright!

clos4life likes this.
  4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Entertaining and mistake prone. This season will be infinitely more fun to watch than the last two even if we don’t win that many more game.

fattz and Gimmmethemike like this.
  5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Man…I wanted that one. Rockets are looking so much better this year, and I guess it’s better to have this brutal opening stretch of the schedule so that our young guys can cut their teeth against some of the league’s best.

The good thing about young legs are that they recover quickly. The Bucks had better come at us hard or they’ll be surprised

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

We might b heading towards another losing season

7. J Rock

J Rock Member

Defensive rotation needs to tighten up. It’s going to take a couple months for everyone to know where they should be and when. Jabari had a rough night but he’s a rookie so expect a lot of them. Jalen needs to be more forceful about demanding the ball. You want to be the alpha you have to show it. Tari doesn’t play like a rookie and can we still get a 1st for eg?

8. Denovo

Denovo Member

Yea and Green was too passive at the end.

He let the blocked layups get to his head.

We gotta get better at the free throw line too

aaquaa likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

like bro if you have Bari out there with adams USE HIM. Bari going to get decimated on defense but you got to make adams pay on offense. The guards have to try and find him early in the game.

10. Denovo

Denovo Member

Not really. We look significantly improved from last year

11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Have made one post in this thread lmao.

So negative... after commenting on KPJ's horrid defense.

Wish I could've been positive about it bro.

Sheesh. Hope the real world doesn't deflate you so easily.

bluffkin likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This team needs to speed up the tempo when they are down by only 5 with freaking less than a minute left. The way they were slow walking when they had the game in reach but time running out makes me think they are purposefully tanking but I know it isn't the case. Silas needs to rip the backcourt a new one for being so slow with the offense when they are God damn down

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Defense is still a huge problem even with Smith and Tari out there.

Jabari is playing like a 19 yo rookie in his second game. It will slow down for him but he does need to practice his pump fake and his drives. His handle looks fine but he needs to work on finishing at the rim.

Green’s improvement is showing. He’s going to look like Morant in another year.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jabari was 3-14 tonight and a -31. I feel like Josh made the right call. If everybody would have frozen him out we may have won tonight.

15. PWR

PWR Member

I just want us to give Tari the same minutes and attention as Jabari. I'm willing to bet he would put up better numbers and have more impact. This coaching staff just pisses me off.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh, that is pretty much certain. They are going to lose a lot of games like this but I do think they will beat up on some of these other teams.

That's at least the growth I want to see, I don't mind them losing close games to playoff teams, if they win those games then that would also make them a playoff team...but I do want to see them get some wins against the likes of the Spurs and other young/rebuilding teams.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Green needs to just drive to the teeth of the defense and seek contact like Morant. They will eventually start calling those fouls

PeterKingX, bluffkin and gfab-babyboi like this.
  18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Another day and another push on spread, maybe Vegas knows what they are doing in regards to this team. +10 and +7 and pushed back to back games. Maybe that means they will be spot on with out win/loss record as well.

PeterKingX likes this.
  19. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First chance Rockets get to trade KPJ for a real PG they better jump in it - or move him to SF so he plays more catch and shoot… 4 ast tonight .. if EG can start at SF so can KPJ

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah it sucked that he missed free throws. But those were free points he generated on offensive rebounds. Guards bricking up shots getting bailed out by Sengun hustle.. plus it's not as bad as it seems as we got an offensive rebound in one of the missed and hit a three.

aaquaa, Rinaldi and DreamShook like this.