1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I would agree that Harden is moving better but my initial post which you quoted was only about "explosiveness, burst."

It didn't even think it was a controversial take lol, as I simply observed that he didn't look MUCH MORE explosive. Perhaps as the season progress we will see more instances of him turning the corner on his defender and exploding towards the rim more frequently like he did in 2020.

But even if he doesn't regain that burst, Harden should be fine if continues to shoot well and utilizes his skill, strength to take advantage in the mid-range.

2. riko

riko Member

One of the biggest crimes Dantoni committed was taking the mid range game. That limited his and the teams offensive capabilities away. In the playoffs the mid range game is usually the most effective way to score

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I call that the SAM CASSELL EFFECT!!

Time for Doc to go . . .. It's SAM I AM TIME!!

Rocket River

B-Bob likes this.
  4. RocketsDraftTV

listen to this nonsense. And all these guys have all-nba votes at the end of the season smh

icewill36 likes this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Lol are they really blaming harden for that loss? He earned the right to take that whatever shot he wanted the way he put the team on his back while embiid tried his best to tank them. Gtfo

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Tell that to the phoenix suns. Yall are talking non sense now. The rockets style got them a 3-2 series lead over a more talented team you can argue is the most stacked team in history. Injuries derailed it. Thats it and thats all. That is literally the only thing that kept them from the championship, not mid range jumpers... also cp3 was their mid range shooter. Its still a bad shot for 90% of the league.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I love the talking heads critizing Harden for this. Also the same guys who criticize Lebron for passing to open man who misses the shot. There is no winning in the eyes of these dudes unless the shot goes in.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Harden continuing to utilize the mid-range.

He may not have that explosive first step anymore, but he can still be an effective scorer if he continues this style of play. In 2020 and prior, he would've had a shoulder or a step by his defender in many of these drives. Now he's using his ball-handling, strength and skill (ala CP3) to create the separation.

#3828 blahblehblah, Oct 22, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Surprisingly, all the posters making comments of that video are all defending Harden. Rightfully so, but it's just strange to see the general public actually sticking up for him lmao

Slyonebluejay and Entropy like this.
  10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Guarantee if Harden actually did make that pass and Maxey missed it, those same talking heads would be screaming about how Harden didn't shoot it himself or how he was scared of the moment.

Slyonebluejay and Entropy like this.
  11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The 76ers got serious problems if they cant get by the Spurs.

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

What if they are secretly tanking for Wemby.

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

:eek:

ElPigto likes this.
  14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The Nets own Philly's pick from the Harden trade.

Not a great start but It's only been 3 games.

One positive - the Harden, Embiid pick and roll is still unguardable. When Embbid catches the ball anywhere below the free throw line off of a pnr w/harden its almost an automatic score. Defense too concern with Embiid is giving Harden a ton of space for the floater and mid-range.

One negative - the synergy between Harden, Maxey & Embiid is not good. Part of this is the total lack of movement and stagnant offense when Embiid or Harden hold the ball, part of it is defense not really respecting Maxey, Harris off-ball and part of it is Doc Rivers coaching.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

The biggest negative is the bench. I thought Harrell was going to great for them, but he's barely seeing the floor right now. Not sure why.

When the bench scoring is 11, 13 and 10 points over 3 games, you're not going to win very many.

Harden has played 37, 40 and 40 minutes. Any progress that hammy has made is going to get wiped real quick if his minutes don't get lowered.

ElPigto, Phillyrocket and HP3 like this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How long before DOC is on the Hotseat
    Honestly . . .. I am a too early in the season but man . . . I seen a few Philly Videos
    and they are NOT happy with DOC

Rocket River
    Sam Cassell Time

17. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Haha Harden's 0-3

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Doc is a dinosaur…fire his ass and throw a bag at Ime

19. Asian Sensation

Oh cool. A highlight of one of his four field goals made on 18 attempts. :eek:

Did he re injure his hamstring? Is it still bothering him? I thought he was back :rolleyes: how indafuq you gonna lose to the Spurs at home? By shooting Westbrick shots and percentages that’s how.

Typical Harden. The most quiet 31 points against the Bucks. Did all his damage early and disappears late when it matters (4 points in 4th quarter, no assists). He looks good when he makes shots… shocker. Okay time to get mad at me and call me a hater for pointing out facts. Harden fanbois club triggering intensifies

Jontro and CK Johnson like this.
  20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

10 points from their craptastic bench.

Going nowhere with that lack of contribution.

jim1961 likes this.