1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] House Of The Dragon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Beezy

Beezy Member

Team Green has all the best people, including Cole and Larys CK.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

I can't stand Sir Christian. I will watch every episode in anticipation of him getting dracaryed

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

I'd prefer something slower, the show has really made his incredibly hate able and the actor is doing a solid job....

4. Duncan McDonuts

I still can't get over the fact that Alicent is Emma Decody from Bates Motel.

jelanit, i3artow i3aller and GRENDEL like this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Rhaenys not scorching them isn't great writing. Awesome scene, but illogical.
    edit: so apparently the directors admitted there is no reason why she didn't kill them all just that it would obviously ruin the show.

The feet thing was funny but a bit in your face. Hey he has a club foot and he jerks it to feet! Get it?

Criston Cole is such a b**** man.

#285 justtxyank, Oct 18, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    Andre0087, Invisible Fan and GRENDEL like this.
  6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Of all the scum and terrible people in Game of Thrones lore, i really love how much people absolutely hate Ser Criston Cole, and it's all because he was expected to be a white knight type. Shatter that expectation and you fall harder than someone evil from day 1. Jamie Lannister was far worse and people loved him. Ser Criston turned into a prick because he felt used and lost his honor to someone who feels they can do whatever they want without consequences-same way Alicent feels about that person.
    Outside of killing that old guy accidentally(i think he slits his throat in the books), what has he really done that's so worth being hated? He beat a dude to death to protect the princess and himself? Okay. I'll give him that. Did we give a **** about Joffery? So who gives a **** about his smug face poking his nose where it didn't belong? People met far worse deaths for far less. Called Rhanyera a cunt? Teased bastards lineage like everyone else in that world would including the beloved Starks? He's devoted to his Queen the way he wanted to be for Rhanyera and has helped train Aemond from a wimpy little boy to a bad ass and worthy, intimidating warrior and potential ruler. Everyone loves Daemon(who has done and acted far worse than Cole but he was never expected to be a good boy) and Cole has helped Aemond become the new Daemon. Cole can defeat Daemon in battle, and now Aemond can best Cole. Aemond could kill Daemon with one eye from the looks of it.(im not a book reader so idk what happens).

He was going to fall on his own sword much like a Samurai who has lost his honor. That's what Rhanyera did to him. He chose a side. The show is asking yall to choose a side...both sides are terrible choices to root for. It reminds me so much of our own political races in recent memory. Just because you're handed a turd and **** sandwich doesn't mean you have to go all in rooting for one or the other. You demand better choices. That's why you hope for a better future...

A future where one with the best story sits on the throne. There's nothing in the world more powerful than a good story. Nothing can stop it. No enemy can defeat it.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

I thought it was stupid how she was sneaking off and i immediately knew what she was doing but thought to myself...how will she get past all the guards? The knight literally said the dragon pit is where they would first expect her to go and it would be heavily guarded? IDK the layout so maybe there's just public doors down under the cept and the dragons chill underneath it? No guards at those doors or anything? Only the main entrance? They just needed Hellaenas prophecy make sense? Beware the beast beneath the boards..

I must be the only one who read the scene differently. I read it as Rhaenys not wanting to be held captive(obviously) -facing down her captors to prove a point-Team Green shouting to open the doors- Rhaenys looks back with a look on her face like they just want to let her go understanding she would be pissed she was held against her will and she just wants to leave and so she leaves...with the deal Alicent offered her still in play. It's the best deal for her. She gets to rule as Lord of the Tides until her daughters are of age and she can marry them to suitors of her own choosing.

How exactly would she benefit by killing all of them? I guess i see it as she too late-the people saw the new King crowned, now kills thousands and burns the royal family, the hand, the council and kings guard alive and Rhanyera and Rhaenys and co. have a parade for the new Queen? The people would reject them and revolt.

justtxyank likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

A LITTLE TV incest and feet stuff - and @tinman is grossed out. But when Elon's dad does it, he buys more TSLA. GOOD LUCK

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Much better than she hulk
    No CGI feet

12. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

Episode 8 without context......

[​IMG]

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

I don't think it's this at all to be honest. I think people hate him because of how weak and in his feelings he seems to be. Jamie Lannister was a prick but he wasn't some whiny b**** who who couldn't control himself. Cole's reasons for his heel turn feel kind of pathetic and they've led him to reveal himself as someone who can't control his emotions. He's murdered two people simply because he's lashes out like an 8 year old when he doesn't like what's happening around him.

Space Ghost likes this.
  15. Duncan McDonuts

His reactions remind me of an incel white knight. He will protect his lady from any harm or insults. Once Rhaenyra gave it up to him and she refused his romantic elope fantasy, he became one of those nice guys who trashes the girl but now white knights for a new one.

I don't have as much hate for him as others do. His behavior seems typical for medieval times where might makes right. Plus the show makes it easy to assassinate any character with little fallout lol.

Invisible Fan and justtxyank like this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't really hate him either. And I don't really like anyone either.

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Exactly. People have been killing with little to no reason in these shows from day 1. Cole's nothing but a thug who hides behind precious honor to mask his blood thirst he tasted in war and yes, he does represent nice guys who aren't very nice, but in a way shows our warped view of masculinity if so many monsters have existed in these shows but Cole is all up in his feelings so he's a little b**** because men can't have feelings.
    None of these dudes can control their emotions. Cole is the mask of a prince in shining armor many men wear. Daemon's a blood thirsty psychopath who baits and needs little to no excuse to kill- portraying himself as a manly warrior man w**** and can't get his dick hard- tons of narcissistic traits so i think he represents the modern day male narc. Larys is the girls bff who offers his friendship and service to her while he jerks off to her behind his true intentions.
    Alicent is the traditional loyal woman of old who did her duty to her husband she doesn't truly love and family she is deeply ashamed of and hides her self righteous behavior behind religion/morals while she secretly desires and is jealous of the modern day womans freedom represented by Rhaenyra who does whatever she wants without a single consequence and never takes responsibility for her actions because she will get away with it and still have idiot men defend her to the death all the while complaining about her lack of freedom. She only really cares about herself. She's the female narcissist. Both the male and female narc have their flying monkeys and everyone convinced they're the popular cool people to root for.

I'm with the mad king. Burn them all.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

Jontro and tinman like this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

i never understood feet pr0n. i mean i’ll fap to the noodz bebe showing feet, but i’ve never seen a super hot feet. pls post pics of hot feet

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

First, this series is no where close to ASOIAF or seasons 1-4 of GoT. I feel like im watching a fantasy version of the Kardashians. It seems to have taken all the characters from tolerable to unbearable. I can't think of anyone I like in this show. The aging/swapping characters is disruptive. Daemon hasn't aged a day while Viscerys went from a middle age to a geriatric. I feel like Emily Clarke ruined Daenerys and HOTD confirmed House Targaryen is trash. I find nothing epic about this series. In 9 episodes, nothing has happened to give the viewer a reason to believe Targaryen is a powerful house.

The show should have given a clear definition to fit properly in the GoT story line. Instead its been setup to drag out for several seasons.