1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Is it a coincidence that mixing Rockets Red with Flashy Green gives you Mustard Yellow? Jalen Green was born to lead this team to the title James Harden and Yao Ming couldn't. Let's talk about the signs.

So many things had to fall in place for Jalen to get the perfect sidekick. Chet is already down (best of luck, he is talented). Paolo's strengths sound like a lesser version of Jalen Green, creating unnecessary duplication. Jalen's sidekick had to be historically unusual in his skillset (elite defense plus elite off-ball shooting) and character (stabilizing veteran-like leadership as a teen). We welcome to the nascent dynasty: Jabari Smith. This young core is highly unusual in its advanced strengths, and that's a sign too. Jabari is a true unicorn in his own right, but that's another thread.

The casuals and analysts still think they're looking at a player who requires a lot of shots and does not care about winning. Chapter 3 highlighted the voices of those who think we have a loser on our hands. Beware: those voices will get louder this season. It's the same voices who pointed to Kobe's low rebounding total or MJ's low assist totals. They don't understand this unicorn archetype.

Other than a brief 40 game start to his NBA career, Jalen Green has been elite at everything he's wanted to do in his life. He's an elite 2nd generation immigrant. He's an elite dresser. He's an elite dancer. He's an elite athlete. He's an elite workhorse on and off the court. He's an elite student to his coaches. At the end of last season, he became an elite scorer with flashes of elite defense - another skill many thought he wouldn't be able to figure out. This season it looks like he has turned himself into an elite overall offensive player. Which shot do you give up to Jalen Green? The drive or the 3? Can you leave him open in the midrange? Can you funnel him to his non-dominant hand and be safe? Can you leave his 3pt shooting teammates in the corner to double team him? Can you make him not value passing the ball to the best positioned player?

Let's talk about more signs. Last season, somehow, some way Jalen Green seemed to have a string of impressive plays against people who turned their backs on the Rockets. Westbrook, Dwight and mostly Melo aka the 3 losers. I told you all Melo is finished after Jalen Green mopped the floor with him and "inappropriately" called him out in the post game interview. The great ones don't know how to be appropriate all the time. It was over in Melo's teammates minds, and word gets around. I know that Melo is at the tail end of his career, but the symbolism of Jalen Green giving Melo his worst beating of last season is just delicious. I have an instinct screaming that Jalen Green is going to embarrass both CP3 and James Harden this season in at least a symbolic way during their matchups. Jalen is sacrificing our bad memories to the basketball gods without even knowing it.

The more important issue now is not whether he's going to be an elite scorer, that much is for certain to all but the blind. It's whether he's a winner or a loser. If Green is a winner and this core is a baby dynasty, we will outperform our expected win total by at least 10 wins while Green takes over the offense without a peep from the players who will remain with the dynasty. I know that it's been designed this way for that exact reason: it's time to weed out the ones on the roster who think they are on par with Jalen without putting in the work.

This is the final call people. I've been saying it's visible for almost a year now. There is still a cautious contingent who have bad memories predicting good things and our history doesn't help in that regard. The dynasty does not discriminate, you're welcome on the bandwagon any time. I'm not willing to pass up these beautiful early days for the sake of caution. This guy is highly unusual in the best way and so is this core.

Welcome to The Green Revolution.

#1 Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

3. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Throw them fos up for # fo

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

We are 3-1 in pre season without Jabari. I know its preseason but we didnt win those games because opps werent trying but because we were playing way better than them

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I'm saying....just get me Cam Whitmore or Dillion Mitchell or one of the Thompson
    Twins while keeping KPj and we are set.

Sengun needs to master the 3-point shot by shooting a thousand a day.
    Sengun stays backup material if he doesn't help space the floor.
    And stays have the player Jokic/Embiid/KAT are.

Jabari will get to about 238 pounds.

Then we are set...

Lineup of Death for the Playoffs
    KPj....G4....*Cam Whitmore...Tari....Jabari

* or Dillion Mitchell or Thompson Twin
    [ package our draft picks to move up...we need one not multiple rookies ]

G-Force (Jalen Green) is going to do some MJ/Kobe things.
    All we need is spacing.

#5 ApacheWarrior, Oct 16, 2022
    Dankstronaut likes this.
  6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Where’s the 80 - 82 wins option?

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

rockets finna go green

[​IMG]

Dankstronaut, Deckard and RasaqBoi like this.
  8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I told you not to leak the new sponsor jersey patch!!

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

fuuuuuuuu
    my bad breh, my icloud got haxored
    it’s the truth!

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Finally a new chapter. Oh how long I've waited.

Jontro, Mathloom and don grahamleone like this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Revolutions are turbulent. Hang on to the rock.
    [​IMG]

Ancient Moabite, Deckard and burlesk like this.
  12. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I enjoyed reading your narrative, you have a talent for writing. Yet dynastic talk seems a bit premature, let's just let these young guys take their lumps and add another top pick next year. Jalen could easily average 20+ and be a darkhorse allstar candidate...however the team is surely a year away from any serious playoff consideration. I voted 20-29 wins.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

As fans of a basketball team, why should we care if he is an elite dancer or dresser? He can dance like Elaine Benes and dress like Westbrook for all I care, as long as he’s really good at basketball.

NewAge, harold bingo and Y2JT like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

So what really is the difference between JG and Bradley Beal

Jontro likes this.
  16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Green does everything better than Beal.

Beal is like Eric Gordon.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

The nature of predictions is that they are premature. I’m saying these signs are telling us what you need undeniable proof to know in the future.

You’re telling us it’s not proven yet. Of course it’s not proven yet. It’s a prediction. If I had made this thread after the coming surprise win total, y’all would say it was obvious at that point.

This thread is for those who believe right now with only some evidence and an instinct.

Like I said, you’ll be welcomed on the bandwagon whenever you join. Nothing but love.

There’s something unique about this young core, and they will clearly differentiate themselves from all other young cores by the end of this season. Jalen Green will lead the charge.

#17 Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What about Zach Lavine?

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At the same age Lavine didn't have the bag of Green. Green has advanced off the dribble jump shot moves. Lavine now has them at 27. Green has them at 20 and will only get better at it. His base skill is higher than Lavine. Similar athleticism and size though.

20. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I was born on the Rockets bandwagon...I just think there's still not enough depth and too much youth to compete for the playoff this year. Hope I'm wrong and your prediction comes true. I'll give you full credit if we make the play in tourney.

don grahamleone and Mathloom like this.