1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ Martin drawing interest of Suns, Heat, Blazers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2022.

1. raining threes

I don't believe either one of those guys is a 20-25 min per game player. KMJ is.

FLAGRANT1 and Ancient Moabite like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Trading KJ and keeping players like Gordon and Tate is foolish. KJ is younger and has more upside.

Maybe the head coach shouldn’t consider what is easy for him and actually coach players that benefit from coaching.

I wasn’t terribly happy our head coach took all the credit for Jalen Green and film studying with him, when it was Lucas who worked with him on the court and it was Weaver who did almost ALL the film study with Jalen Green. Not a single mention of it from our head coach.

ksny15, carib, DeBeards and 20 others like this.
  3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’d want better than a late first for him, but if he doesn’t want to be here you’d probably have to take that. Shame. I always saw him as one of the major building blocks for this teams future.

4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He’s 10x better than Ty Ty and that’s as good as it gets at the end of the first round. Mid first rounder or he stays!!!

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@Reeko Is this your king? Silas better step it up. Jalen had to be great on his own. Silas just put him in the corner hoping he would figure it out. thank goodness he did

maybe this is wht JC is ass now. KJ should have been getting more minutes last season.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

you already know how good tyty is wow.

you must be important

Zen Tabak likes this.
  7. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Member

Kj while better than tate doesn't move the needle and will never beat out tari or bari.same goes for ego and tate and I'll explain in a moment

I agree with u about silas. But, be very thankful we have him during this rebuild because the last two years drafts plus this years is our only way to rebuild. The worse the coach=the better the draft pick. As far as the debate the last 6 pages about who is more important kj or tate or ego. Its nonsense because compared to the ari Brothers both tate and kj suck balls.

Even if kj Martin starts one day on a team and averages 15ppg , I think Tari has already shown his rookie yr he is better already than martin

#107 Rolliepollie, Oct 13, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  8. fattz

fattz Member

My disconnection is why can’t the front office move talent in a timely manner? Why do we have a so many players trying to develop with same playing time? Why do we sign players that aren’t the long term answer vs trading them for better fits or draft picks (a chance at another player later on that MAY work out better for the team). Stone this on you because of your mishandling of Gordon then Tate now Martin has no room and it magnified because Eason is taking the spot. Some may think these are great problems to have as we move forward. I don’t know, but it’s a problem.

9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

All I’m gonna say is that if KJ gets traded away and ends up doing really well, based on the Rockets’ history we are probably going to then sign him in free agency to much bigger deal, only to be disappointed later.

I mean, it’s only happened twice but it’s twice more than none

GotGame15, slothy420 and DaDakota like this.
  10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you can get a late first for him, you have to jump all over that. He was a late second rounder himself. Cash in that increased value. That first would be more valuable in a trade than KJM as a player.

Plowman and Believe It! like this.
  11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Absolutely. Just doubt he lands a first. Packaged with EG could get you one and maybe a decent prospect added in along with whatever filler to make it work. Probably hard to find a team with the right parts to get it done.

theDude likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Shook, this is u my guy

[​IMG]

DeBeards and DreamShook like this.
  13. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

Martin jr is a great athlete, can run the break, shoot the three etc… he should be in the rotation

if we have to trade him, so be it … but someone should pay us at least a late first round pick for him

he could be one of those guys we look back and say… wow we let him go for nothing

jcmoon likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Basically all the teams that are older, non explosive and not athletic.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

someone is borrowing my line…..

:)

DD

#115 DaDakota, Oct 13, 2022
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Because it takes 2 to tango. You have no insight on what is being offered for any of them at any given time. This re-build is way ahead of schedule and the fact that we can get anything for players like Tate and KJM are testament to how great a GM Stone is becoming. HIs talent evaluation skills are tremendous.

17. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

trade him with/or others and snag Bassey

18. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he's like a mini amare stoudemire, i agree, we should hold him hostage

19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

@Verbal Christ

:D

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

KJ + Eric Gordon is a solid package to add for any contender. I'd be happy to take back Salary + picks at the deadline.

Can we make a sneaky run at Ayton? KJ + Gordon + Sengun + 1st for Ayton + Scrub

KPJ/Green/Eason/Jabari/Ayton looking nice...

#120 Bo6, Oct 13, 2022