1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2022 NBA Draft/1-17] Tari Eason, F, LSU

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

?

Do you like the selection of Tari Eason?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. YES

99.1%
  2. NO

0.9%
  1. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Rodman is a terrible comp, sorry John.

Help Tari develop isolation plays, his handle, and a pull-up jumper over the years. That and the ability to playmake when doubled and we might have our future three-star nucleus.

Of course, he still has to prove himself with consistency against good teams/players in real games, he hasn't done anything yet. But the thing is he's only a rookie lol.

2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Legit could be a ROTY contender, which would be phenomenal considering how great Jabari looks.

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Emm, still preseason?

Heartdoc likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Has ever a team had two top ROY candidates in the same year?

5. j@amc

j@amc Member

He's showing enough shooting/scoring that he should start before long. An Eason/Smith/Sengun frontline looks ideal. Bring Gordon off the bench.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Like the dinosaurs movies, where life will find a way, Silas will be fired if he doesn't give Tari starters minutes. Hustle is one thing, this dude has feel for the game. Nice touch as well.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What other rookie is off to a good start? Because Tari is about to have a historical rookie season.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Eason's free throws are very encouraging. 79% in SL, and 89% so far in pre-season on 9 attempts. Those are good indicators of a player's ability to become an effective 3PT shooter.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

he shot 80% last year at LSU

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Trying not to overreact but damn he looks good.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Jesus christ. We got Smith and Eason this draft. Hell yea. Eason needs to start.

Sengun
    Smith
    Eason
    Green
    KPJ

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

@Verbal Christ
    Now the team has
    Harden
    Kobe
    Dennis Rodman
    David Robinson
    mini Jokic

You just have to feel it and believe….

lol

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

He is a young Artest. Not as thick.

14. Buck Turgidson

Oh you haven't even begun to see condescending yet.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Tari is flashing all over the court. On the box score you might look at his FGA's and wonder if he's a ballhog, but he's really not. All his shots are coming within the flow of the offense, and for now he's just the main guy other teams are rolling off of, so he ends up with a lot of open threes that way. His remaining shots are offensive rebound putbacks or just the product of broken plays.

On defense he just finds way to muck things up and get his hands on balls. He has elements of Trevor Ariza in that regard. On offense, however, calling him a 3-and-D would be reductionist at that point. His passing ability for one is completely unexpected for a player of his mold. Add in the fearless ability to attack the basket off the dribble or on rolls, and you have a guy that I told my friends reminds me of the "best parts of Corey Brewer", like, a Corey Brewer with a 35% 3pt shot.

This year's Rockets feel like last year's Cavaliers. If I were a betting man I'd pound that Over bet for our total season wins.

joshuaao, Drift Monkey, ilias and 6 others like this.
  16. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

So, Corey Brewer during game 6 against the Clippers?

Easy and Spacemoth like this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I dont remember Brewer being good his entire career.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Legit - half of his shot attempts come because the offensive rebound falls into his lap... it is crazy how good he is at being in the right place at the right time.

The thing is that his skillset isn't just as an opportunistic offensive rebounded. He is good at gambling on mid court steals, he can play straight up D, can the corner trey, throw a lob or otherwise pass the rock.
    Kind of reminds me of 2 guys. 1. Chandler Portions in his first season (his hustle and all-court game). And 2. Scottie Barnes (wow) in that he is a large SF who can impact the game in a number of ways.

For me, Jabari is our best rookie - an amazing 6'10 3nD of the highest order who has the potential to develop into a Tatum type (!). But Tari has already shown he is an outstanding prospect in his own right. I suppose there is a reason many were projecting him as a top 10 pick.

Seriously exciting season coming up. I remember watching guys like Tim Breaux in garbage time, or Eldridge Recasner or (!) Matt Maloneywith the starters and wondering if they were legit starter potential. This year there are SO MANY guys to dream about.

Enjoy the ride all

19. comrade

comrade Member

Board man gets paid!

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

As a frustrated 12-13 year old I wrote a letter that I never mailed to the Rockets pleading with them to play Matt Maloney more.

yeah