1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How are the Golden State Warriors so good?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Man, if Draymond does that at a 24, he leaves that place in handcuffs. Mother****er straight up falcon punched his own teammate. Yes, Poole showed the situational awareness of a doorknob, but I don't think anyone would have expected Draymond to lean into the hit as much as he did.

Oh yeah, and **** Chris Haynes for putting in overtime for Klutch and slandering Jordan Poole over this. ****ing scumbag organization.

bcast89, B-Bob, Xerobull and 4 others like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

How can she slap?

B-Bob, Gabe0941, Dankstronaut and 3 others like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I can't believe Myers is still stating that Green will suffer no repercussions for that. There is no freaking way they can shove that to the side now that it is public.

5. i3artow i3aller

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This reminds me of the Ray Rice video -- it's really shocking and so much worse than expected -- it's like Dramond hit his little brother as hard as he could with full intent to hurt him severely. It was brutal and he had to be pulled off kicking Poole who was crumpled on the floor.

7. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

Impeccable timing

[​IMG]

8. opticon

opticon Member

I think I am in the minority here but this could have been avoided if Poole did not shove Draymond. That was the point of escalation. People get in each other's faces all the time. He could have turned around or walked away once Draymond got in his space. Jordan made the choice to buck up and push him. Draymond was wrong for punching a teammate but Poole is not blameless.

KePoW likes this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Poole and Draymond's tensions were already incredibly high, then Dray angrily approaches Poole and they literally have face-to-face contact with Dray probably muttering some stuff into Poole's ear.

I don't need sound from the altercation to know that Poole pushed Draymond, not as a means of offense, but simply to notify Dray to gtfo my personal space.

If Poole does what you say and turns around to walk away, I bet Draymond would have kept sticking to him. And now Draymond knows Poole isn't going to retaliate, so Dray can continue to get into him.

Where would you even walk to? You're gonna have to see Draymond again at some point in time. And now you're a little b**** to everyone on the court for not standing your ground.

tl;dr? It's not as easy as "bro just walk away lol."

bcast89 likes this.
  10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Warriors brass, Klutch PR and Chris Haynes practically saying Jordan Poole had it coming and he deserved it before that video was released.

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  12. RocketsDraftTV

The warriors front office is like

Thx draymond for helping curry get his 4th ring and his elusive finals mvp. Now we don’t need you anymore. Bye bye

13. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

You don't have to turn around and walk away, you can stand there chest-to-chest without a forceful shove. That happens all the time in the NBA when players bark at each other chest-to-chest.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That video leaker probably got good $$$ selling to TMZ Sports

15. i3artow i3aller

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I know Shannon's job here is to generate takes for clicks - but you know, maybe Jordan Poole and the Golden State Warriors and NBA players should not have to treat practice like the exercise yard at San Quentin?

Ron Artest telling stories about people getting stabbed in the heart with broken chair legs on the court in Queensbridge was meant to show how things were not supposed to be

17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I don't blame Ron Adams one bit lol. The guy is 74. If I'm his age, No way in hell I'm getting involve in a scuffle between 2 elite athletes, one being a very large 6"6 230 lb lunatic who has a history of flailing limbs.

#457 blahblehblah, Oct 7, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sure the guy who took the video is the real problem here not the guy who tried to murder Jordan Poole for being mildly annoying.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

I just don't think Poole wanted a physical confrontation, at least in that moment.

Sure, Draymond probably wouldn't have thrown the punch if Poole just stood there and took the verbal assault from Draymond, but I think Draymond took the shove as a sign of "FIGHT" when all Poole was doing, was just trying to remove Draymond from his personal space.

And have you seen when NBA players actually make up their minds to get into a player's face? There's usually some sort of shoving or one player putting his hands on another player. There's no simple verbal sparring that you're alluding to.

Herro pushing Nurkic. Tiny Trae Young pushing KD. Gobert and Dedmon. Hell, even AD and Dwight on the same team. All of these, physical.

Again, like I said to that other poster, it's not as easy as just walking away or just standing there, getting screamed at and then just walking away.

When someone is all up in your space, I think the very least you're allowed to do, is to remove that person from your space.

blahblehblah likes this.