1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Hires New Agent (CAA)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Oct 5, 2022.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Plot twist: They are going to negotiate an extension! I’d love to see this forum’s reaction to that.

3. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I forgot who leak it but EG said he will stay with Houston if they give him an extension... he loves the city and team but wants his money to.

BallSoHarden, roslolian and Bo6 like this.
  4. Houston77

Supporting Member

I’m in the minority here, but I wouldn’t mind it. I think there’s a decent chance Tari is our answer at the 3, but he’s just not ready to start. I like Tate, but he’s a bad fit with the starters. Gordon is a nice veteran stopgap that is fine coming off the bench once Tari is ready, or until we find out long-term small forward.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

that wasn't anytime recent and before the rebuild

"Winning is first and foremost though. Business is not in my control and it’s not in my hands. All I can do is come to work and play hard"

from this past week when training camp opened. In no way does he want to stay here without a chance at winning. Rightfully so

ElPigto likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

He needs to be set free and given a chance to win elsewhere on a contender. He's done everything he could here and the rockets got the most out of him with his injury plagued career

saleem and topfive like this.
  7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i originally wanted eric traded for the last two years but now i actually want him to stay and mentor the young group. his spacing and off-ball play is perfect for the current crop.

a 3 year extension with a team option on the final year sounds good. question is would EG accept a rate at say 12-15 million dollars a year? or does he go the JJ Reddick route and just cash in on some large 1 year deals.

seeingredtx, Crashlanded19 and B-Bob like this.
  8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm splitting this out into a new thread.

For what it's worth, I'm told the Rockets have a good relationship with CAA and this doesn't change anything. But... just given the situation he is in, I think it's important to note. He no doubt is looking for long-term security and extension or trade talks could come up.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I like Eric, but he should have been at a contender 2 years ago...

KMJ needs to stay with the Rockets for another year, I like what he brings to the team, but would not be missed if he leaves at the end of the day

10. i3artow i3aller

We already cost E-Go a chance at a title last year by holding onto him as we wait for the right kind of deal. Meanwhile his trade value only continues to decline. Are you even netting a future 1st for Gordo these days? I'd like to see us do right by him and let him go chase a shot at winning big. He's earned that much.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

free this man and stop holding onto him like some hoarder

12. Houston77

Supporting Member

Exactly! Free this man from any contractual worries by giving him a fat, 3-year extension!!!

seeingredtx likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

14. fattz

fattz Member

What is his market value? He has not played a full season in half a decade. Cut him without a buy out as soon as we make the minimum salary baseline. I pretty sure we need his salary to get over the threshold. Then thank him for his service and let him move forward, but on his dime. The organization should not support him or suffer because of him. He will then be able to sign with ANY TEAM. Gordon seem likable and all but he is the one that wants a change so let’s not stop him. Thank you, Gordon, for the memories.

Le$$ likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I like EGo, but his true value is as an off-the-bench player for a team with championship aspirations.

AroundTheWorld, Le$$ and saleem like this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Big if true?

18. H. Christopher

Get rid of Ego and the trailer park Mamba Matthews

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

If EG takes a discount I'm all for it. We can't have 15 young guys on the team that's just pure chaos we need a couple of vets like EG to provide direction and guidance to everyone else.

EG is one of the best vets you can have cuz he is able to play multiple positions and his skillset won't really diminish as he ages. He will be able to scream and throw his hands up every drive till he retires.

jcmoon likes this.
  20. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can find much cheaper veterans who don't require the minutes EG does to play the role of mentor. EG does too much to help the team win and (I believe) still has too much trade value to keep here. Give KJM those minutes. While not moving the needle on wins, KJM could still improve his own play, which could make him more valuable to the Rockets down the road or in a trade.

I used to want to get a good pick for EG, but now I just want him gone. Nothing personal.. he was great for this team when Harden was here, but he is negative value at this point.

Corrosion and Le$$ like this.