1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unreasonable Optimism

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikenm268, Oct 4, 2022.

1. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

I am feeling enthusiastic, optimistic, and joyful about the Rockets after watching the first preseason game. It’s unsettling after the last four years.

Please help me return to an appropriately nihilistic perspective on the season…

Why won’t the Rockets be any good this year?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am as well, if we come out and play DEFENSE like we did against the Spurs, we are going to shock a lot of teams especially the veteran ones who don't like young guys playing Defense.

I am thinking we get off to a decent start and hover around .500...for a while.

DD

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

One word:

Wembanyama

4. Nook

Nook Member

Why?
    They don’t have a single player that will be a top 25 player in the league this year.
    They are very very inexperienced and young and have no concept of how to win at the NBA level.
    They are poorly coached.

5. DaDakota

Jabari is the key......we have a leader.

DD

6. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

This exactly what I need Nook. I’m a little hurt by the dig at my best friend Stephen, but I believe you spoke truth in love, so thank you.

7. fattz

fattz Member

He is not happening here. We will get a nice pick but not the top pick one. Bari and Tari are just to good for that to happen. Silas can’t tank away there talents because even put in awkwardness they still will find success.

hakeem94, burlesk and don grahamleone like this.
  8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I would trade any of our young stars and brooklyns pick to get him. This is a must year to get 1.

We won’t win more than 30.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Gotta get Scoot or Wemby and need Green to take a big leap.

A team of good, sometimes great players isn't going to win rings.

Need elite cornerstones.

10. fattz

fattz Member

There are other teams that have less talent than us now. We play the Spurs, OKC and others. We put up 130+ points without an offense.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If this happens, yall gonna be mad as hell when they trade off these pieces for a top 15 player next year... Tillman wants a chip ASAP , and he he'll have the pieces to pull off a blockbuster... If your prediction comes to fruition .... He don't have the patience...

DaDakota likes this.
  12. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

My good sir I find in favor of the defendant. Your optimism is not only not unreasonable but wholly promoted for the public good by the courts.

upload_2022-10-4_21-58-10.gif

hakeem94, fryjol7, burlesk and 5 others like this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Here's the thing, @mikenm268 , Nook just doesn't know what he's talking about here.
    We have four players in the top 25 (Jalen Green, Jabari Smith, Sengun & Kevin Porter junior). KPj is in his contract year already, Jalen Green is in his 3rd professional year, Sengun is a Euro-MVP and been playing pro since he was wee high and Jabari is going to show the world what it means to have "no experience". The concept of winning was unlocked during the offseason and everyone on clutchfans knows that practically everyone on clutchfans is down on Stephen Silas, but we also know clutchfans is wrong way too often. So there's all that.

Playoffs, my friend, playoffs. Locate your H-Town hype again and hold it tight for the entirety of a wild ride called 2022-2023!

14. DaDakota

I think we are going to be much better than folks think, we have a guy just entering his prime in KPJ.

Budding star players in Jabari and Green - great complimentary pieces up and down the roster.

And if we commit to playing D, I think we will be a lot better than many think.

I think Wemby and Scoot Henderson are way off the table.

DD

glynch, jbond77, javal_lon and 3 others like this.
  15. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

4 players in the top 25 what? Under 22s?

16. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets will not have 4 of the top 25 players in the NBA in 2023.

Just enjoy watching the young players improve and seeing who does and doesn’t begin to establish themselves.

I will love watching Smith and Green and Eason and others play this season - but this isn’t a playoff team.

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

And if they are all top 25, we will win 60+ games and be title favorites so that would be cool as well!

Nook and daywalker02 like this.
  18. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

It's fine for you to be optimistic and have high expectations. Just don't be toxic if it doesn't happen. We're young and young teams are never good. That's just how it is. So just be cool whether we make the playoffs or we're the worst team in the league. Don't start threads about firing Silas, trading this guy, dumping that guy, burning your Rockets merch, etc.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If we don’t make the playin/playoffs with one of the youngest teams in the league it’s definitive proof that the GM and coach should be fired.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

Rockets in 4