1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 10/2/2022 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

spacing for jalen + kpj is going to be so good with the gravity Jabari and Egod will provide. Also positioning Sengun in the middle it could be a wet dream in terms of areas of the floor we can attack efficiently.

daywalker02 and roslolian like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have not seen a full link, just the extended highlights which is enough for me this early in pre season.

Will watch when I get home.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty sure the controller is on the bottom left, I turned the stage commentary off and left the regular game announcers on at low volume to simply watch the game. Also hid the chat as it was pretty distracting

Pistol Pete likes this.
  4. liveguy

liveguy Member

You think i’m gonna go back looking for something to prove something to you? lol

The keyword is “Summer League” and there’s a couple Rockets 2022 NBA summer league posts in the CF threads here…there YOU will find your answers.

Plenty of knee-jerk clowns complaining about his lack of handle and that he’s gonna be a bust, etc…

roslolian likes this.
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The Pop post game really has some great insight into the potential of this team. When Pop says, they were dominated physically that has to bode well about the culture of this team. Yes it's the Spurs but culture and identity our about oneself regardless of opposition.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Jabari in a way is limited by his relatively lack of crazy length and athleticism. He doesn't elevate very well on drives, nor is he the quickest, which is why he gets blocked quite a bit on drives.

Mobley for example can do the exact same dribble drive move and just dunk on the other person because he has a bigger wingspan/vertical.

I imagine Jabari will have to ditch that dribble drive game and start pulling up for mid ranges which will make him unstoppable. He's a way better shooter than most bigs out there, that's what make him good.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

It’s gonna be a fun year!

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you can't.

I have made my point that you were full of hyperbole to make a point of some kind.

Everybody should be concerned about a # 3 pic that has no handle and can't create his own offense, just like every other draft pick that has questions.

There were not 3 people in that thread that called him a bust, and 2 of them were just trolling.

On the flip side, you should not be in here acting like all questions have been answered after 1 pre season game.

9. liveguy

liveguy Member

My post definitely musta hit home…struck a nerve and you felt you had to comment.

Got it.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wut?

Do you not understand how a forum works.

And you were the one who commented on what I said 1st?

WTF?

[​IMG]

11. liveguy

liveguy Member

I commented first?

lol….umm…
    I just told you to prove me right for me.

I have no need to do it for you.

Again…you ‘must be who I was talking about cause mad people hit the like button on my original post that YOU commented to. (see above)

Not even sure what point you trying to prove lol….either way…enjoy that mute

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Are there any full game links up or do I have to settle for 10 minute highlights??? boohoo

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Banchero is good too. The jury is still out on who is better between these 2 players.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why do you need to judge though? Rox never had a chance at getting Banchero so even if he is better it doesnt matter.

Personally I think both are pretty even Banchero has a lot more tools but Jabari has the better mentality between the 2. Banchero can practically do anything when he sets his mind to it but Jabari is more consistent when it comes to defense and is a better team oriented player (plays within the system etc) with little to no ego.

saleem, liveguy and RasaqBoi like this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed the game. did we win?

daywalker02, BigShasta and J.R. like this.
  16. PatBev

PatBev Member

I think we are going to see games where KPJ, green, and Jabari run the score up 15pts in 2min from getting hot and firing off threes

KingSamJack and saleem like this.
  17. conquistador#11

These nba scheduling computers need a virus uploaded to them Independence Day style. 5 days between preseason games like it's all star weekend.

18. JW86

JW86 Member

Houston Rockets managed to do a video replay w/ radio audio. We need the highlights of that!

Also crazy how Pop’s first season was the worst and now will gift San Antonio a farewell package in a potential #1 pick.

Start with Duncan, part with Wemby / Scoot ;)

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

When was the last time both major rivals Spurs and Jazz were tanking in the same season?

#879 daywalker02, Oct 4, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We parted the Red Sea.

Jontro likes this.