1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2022-23

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 27, 2022.

1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

red5rocket likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Been pushing similar trade for months!

:D

Make this happen Ra-fell!!!!!

jcmoon likes this.
  3. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

That would be nice, but they can't get Nets 1st in back to back yrs.

D-rock likes this.
  4. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

HOU IN: HARRIS, PHX 2023 FRP
    PHI IN: GORDON, CROWDER, SHAMET
    PHX IN: THYBULLE, KJ MARTIN, NWABA, BURKE, BROWN

KPJ/NIX/TYTY
    JG/CHRISTOPHER
    HARRIS/TATE/MATHEWS
    ALP/TARI
    BARI/GARUBA/BOBI

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why do rockets need or want Tobias Harris???

Suns 2023 FRP is going to be bottom 5 in draft.

Stone needs a higher FRP than that for EGo.

saleem and jcmoon like this.
  6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I think Stone at this point prefers a future unprotected frp - 2025 or later, actually. The reason I think this is because this team is reaching a point where finding minutes for all the picks is going to be a problem and adding a mid-rounder to the mix won't help (we already have two picks this coming draft + 7 FRPs on the current roster from the last two drafts), the possibility of that future pick turning up golden, and the much higher value the future first holds in the market as a trade piece to be used in the coming years.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would rather not trade Kj but this team is overflowing with talented under 25 players.

Rockets have multiple FRP in 2023 as well.

8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Harris isn’t a bad player and it kicks the Free Agency can down the road a bit when better options could be available. I’d rather pay Harris for 2 years than have to max out Middleton. Rockets could even try to get a 2nd round pick or two in this deal from Philly. Additionally the vibes would be immaculate with Toby and Bobi on the roster.

IMO: Stone has been able to find some good value late in the first round. This would also give them 3 FRPs in the 2023 draft so it opens the possibility of moving up in the draft.

They won’t get anything beyond a 2023 late FRP for Gordon. Throwing in KJ stings but it’s probably what’s best for player & team.

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

While I agree they are unlikely getting a 2024 or future FRP for Gordon, I'd want more for taking on Harris's contract, Gordon, and KJ.

D-rock, Corrosion and xaos like this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Perhaps and maybe even likely this is the draft the rockets want to go all in on. The last one where they have their own pick.

the rockets pick. Bucks pick. Pick for Gordon. The nets assets. Maybe a few of the young guys. Those all get you at least to the 3rd pick obviously. Which could be the fifth player you really want to put together with Green/Jabari/Sengun/Tari

Perhaps someone comes along like Jabari in this draft to make a top 3. As Chet and Paolo were the top 2 going into last season.

saleem, D-rock and HorryForThree like this.
  11. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I think the draft is one route, but another is a big trade for a disgruntled star, especially for a team looking to rebuild. If you look at Donovan Mitchell and the Jazz for example, a trade involving young pieces that are emerging + picks is of more value than a veteran star. Teams going into a rebuild will value KJ, Tate, Garuba to a lesser extent, and others more than good teams looking for that next piece.

I think with KJ at least, the unfortunate reality is that he's stuck at a position where our depth grew too large to continue guaranteeing him 20-30 rotation mins a night, and his market value probably isn't going to exceed a SRP.

saleem and peleincubus like this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

D-rock and xaos like this.
  13. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, but one important element that is the priority for me, is that a top pick can push a ready to compete team over the top and keep them there for cheap at least 4 years. We saw this with Duncan, and would have seen it if Pistons not drafted Darko. It's rare that you see a good team get a top 3 pick, but if they connect, they are title contenders for years.

Once a team is top 3 or 4 seed, they need value talent. The best value in the league is a star on a rookie contract.

Corrosion likes this.
  14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

KJM
    Garuba
    Gordon
    Bucks first
    Nets 2024 first (top 5 protected)
    Rockets 2023 first (top 6 protected)

for Brandon Ingram or Jaylen Brown.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We don't need Tate. We need to create a void in the young-ish leader department. Who knows who pushes themselves into it. I'd guess Smith.

Tate+Favors+Gordon+Ty Washington+2023Mil first+2024 Nets first for Tyrese Maxey+Thybulle+Harris.

16. fattz

fattz Member

I total agree Tate doesn’t need to be a Rocket anymore. His signing will keep him here till the trade deadline.
    We don’t need Harris where is he going to get his minutes plus his contract. The 76er are not a good trade partner for us. Gordon will join them when we cut him after the trade deadline.

17. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

This team needs to make a trade soon. Unfortunately I think they will wait and try to swing something near the trade deadline, which will mean some odd lineups and playing time that will irritate a lot of fans. If we don't trade before the season starts, expect EG, Favors, and KJ to be in the regular rotation because the team will need to keep their value up. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the team send Tari and Garuba to the g league this season alongside TyTy.

A better scenario would be having a real where we swing multiple players for future draft assets, but Stone has been a very reserved GM up till now, so not sure we'll see that happen.

Shark44 and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sending Tari to G League would be a waste but you're right, the vets need to be highlighted for trade purposes.

Shark44, saleem and jcmoon like this.
  19. ilias

ilias Member

SGA anyone? Would be a great partner to Green. Young, talented, in a position of need (if KPJ doesn’t show improvement as PG) and signed for another 4 years.

EG, Favors to match salary plus a selection of Nets picks/swaps - say, 3 picks with some protection and 2 swaps.

20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2mxmrqgt

Suns would jump all over this Harris makes perfect since for them to compete with warriors. Rockets could use the open roster spot, and could just waive Saric and open another spot. Shabet to me is 25 and better version of Gorden. Sixers finally get quality vets to complete there squad. This would be more realistic in term of Harris trade, but I think draft picks maybe suns 1st would goto Rockets..