1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 10/2/2022 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 1, 2022.

1. conquistador#11

There was one that was even better. Took it from the coffin corner to a pull up middy but missed. At least I think it wad him. I was watching on an 3x8 screen. Thanks Fertitta

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

these local blackouts are a joke

and then NBA HQ wonders why so many people resort to illegal streams…

I would gladly pay the full cost of LP if I could, u know, actually watch the Rockets with it…but no

if International League Pass with a VPN doesn’t work this year for whatever reason, then fck the NBA…sick of this sh*t

watching the game on Rockets.com was a joke too…ghetto ass site and ghetto ass NBA app

oh, and the game highlights that are posted on the NBA’s official YouTube channel are still in just 720p…bruh, it’s almost 2023

u cheap, outdated, local game blackouting MFers

DasouthDakota, Bo6, JW86 and 26 others like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

and these pathetic little 720p videos are often littered with 20 seconds+ ads u can’t skip

thank God for people like FreeDawkins who make much better highlights with much better quality and resolution

How is 1 guy or a small team of people doing better than a billion dollar business?

rant over

Bo6, ashleyem, tochiee22 and 14 others like this.
  4. liveguy

liveguy Member

I remember just like a few weeks ago, some people on here swore up and down dude just couldn’t dribble at all and was a finished product after a couple summer league games…

LOL

5. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Yes, Jabari's new nickname "Smooth Criminal!""

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Last year I paid $18 US for the India League Pass and used a VPN to watch, it worked well. This year though, my VPN doesn't offer India anymore due to some protest, which is the same across all VPN companies. I think I'm out $18 on a League Pass I can't use. They alredy charged my credit card so I'm not sure I can get a refund.

jbond77 likes this.
  7. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Conclusion after the first preseason game: The Rockets had an A+++ grade in the last draft! ;)

clos4life, cmoak1982, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He can initiate, but that's not his primary role.
    He is a scorer, whose defense has improved. I believe he will get better with experience.

9. PatBev

PatBev Member

Rockets gonna whoop Atlanta opening night

you heard it here first

don grahamleone and Rokman like this.
  10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lmao bro I read this with anger. Kanye voice haha.

11. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

That s*** kills me.

30 second ads to watch an 8 second video.

clos4life, Reeko, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  12. i3artow i3aller

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Any idea how to rewatch the game.
    My international league pass shows it as a blackout which I’ve never seen before?

don grahamleone and roslolian like this.
  14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

For those who missed the game, full highlights already posted on Youtube.

saleem likes this.
  15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I'm stoked for both Jabari and Eason. Tari is just too good to be even coming off the bench but if he does play this dude starter minutes.

saleem, Reeko, NewAge and 3 others like this.
  16. Ghost5Horse6

Ghost5Horse6 Member

Same here...I can watch the other 3 games but not the Rockets game.

roslolian likes this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Same. Just watch on youtube. Apparently it is blacked out by ESPN. Which is crazy to me cuz other games can be viewed fine.

Voice of Aus likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Stone deserves A+ for getting Bari and Tari in the same draft it's a match made in heaven like Mj-Pippen, TD-Robinson, Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace. The spacing, defensive synergy and athleticism between these 2 is just insane. I feel like a lot of GMs are crapping themselves on missing on Tari dude could have been taken top 5 and nobody will say anything with how well he has played so far. Reports are he was supposed to have extremely low bball IQ thats why he dropped but so far I havent seen any evidence of that, dude doesnt even have plays run for him but manages to insert himself in the play.

Unfortunately I only saw the highlights thanks to the stupid ass NBA blackout thing but one thing that struck me is how the ball is always moving around. Jalen and esp KPJ are looking to pass and make plays instead of throwing bad shots left snd right. They clearly enjoy playing together and it shows. Another stand out is Bruno Fernando I know the Uzmanners are crapping themselves over his 0 pt 7 reb game but BF stole the backup spot for now IMO. Dude just understands bball at a good level and is always in the right spot for dunks and finishes. An athletic "modern" big like that along with a "traditional" big like Boban is good for Sengun cuz it gives opponents very different players to play against at the C spot.

Stone deserves A+ offseason for the draft, trades and signings we have made so far esp getting Boban, locking up Bruno and Tate to great deals. Can't believe 2 yrs ago Rox were the oldest team in the L now we're one of the youngest with prospects coming outta our ears. You know the league is in trouble when the roster is so stacked people are hating on Garuba and JC/Kmart Jr cant even get PT.

19. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Harden to Capela 2.0

18pbr likes this.
  20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Actually kind of surprised Alpren's English is not better, for some reason I thought he had picked up a lot more, but think he will eventually not need a translator after a couple more seasons. Curious how coaches are communicating with him during practice and during the game, cant imagine the translator just in his ear in between plays lol. When Yao was here, it seemed like he had a small army of staff, but this looks different.