1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wemby to me would be unnecessary seeing as we already have our overseas allstar center of the future.

AroundTheWorld and aaquaa like this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think with Jabari next to him he will defend better.

3. maj21

maj21 Member

So you wouldn’t want Wemby, a generational prospect bc we have Sengun? Haha okay

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You wouldn’t want Scoot, a generational prospect bc we have KPJ?

Drift Monkey likes this.
  5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'd want Scoot. I'd want Wemby (even though I think Sengun is better than KPJ).

AroundTheWorld and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Right. I want talent.
    I’m not even against Wemby, I think if he stays healthy he can be a true unicorn. But I also see him playing well off of Sengun too

Drift Monkey and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'd see Smith playing well off Wemby as well, and the fit being better. The Rockets as a organization have tried to play players up a position (i.e., Tate at a 4, EG at the 3) more than play players down a position (i.e., I don't see Smith as a starting 3 or Sengun as a PF as being optimal) other than the brief Theiss experiment. I don't see it as much of a controversial opinion that if the Rockets draft two 6-10+ players in the Top 3 in back to back years along with having Sengun that it becomes a numbers game at center. Maybe Sengun comes out on top as the starting center, but I'd guess the Rockets would trade Sengun instead of running him at the 4 for the foreseeable future as he's probably worth more to another team as a center than the Rockets as a 4 in that scenario.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'd add, I'm a big fan Sengun fan and I want to be on the pro-Sengun side of arguments. I'm just not quite as pro-Sengun as others on this board, and I think the odds of him being a Rocket long term are less now than they were before the draft.

aaquaa likes this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'm a big fan, love his skillset and confidence but... I worry about his lack of size at the 5 and his lack of athleticism at the 4.

I think he can be great but acknowledge he may need the right system and a specific front court partner to match with him. Otherwise I think he would be exposed badly.

Corrosion, maj21 and cmlmel77 like this.
  10. maj21

maj21 Member

I have not once ever said that. I would love to have Scoot Henderson

11. maj21

maj21 Member

Exactly! Everyone on here is so unrealistic about Sengun and his future. I’m a fan of his, but I also gotta keep it real

12. maj21

maj21 Member

But the Sengun fans would say he has great size at the 5 and he’s a great athlete, so playing the 4 is no problem. It’s crazy to me

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I see 3/4 being interchangeable with Jabari, and the 4/5 being interchangeable with Wemby and Sengun. They compliment each other well, Smith and Wemby are very much perimeter oriented players

Drift Monkey likes this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

Whats different about Wemby compared to Porzingis

15. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Can you name 2 of these 'Sengun fans', which is the bare minimum for a plural usage? I really can't recall anybody saying that he is a great athlete or has great size.

aaquaa, Ankara1923 and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No one is saying that, it’s an illogical argument you’re having with yourself.
    Sengun is a solid athlete, he can guard 4s. But he’s not going to be guarding super quick wings with great success.
    It’s also dependent on him becoming a better shooter from distance.

The dude was literally an MVP at 18 in the 3rd best league in the world, he had numbers that only a handful of players in history had. He’s still one of the youngest players in the league. You’re underrating him more than others are overrating him.

Drift Monkey, aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

Wembanyama is averaging 6.5 points in euroleague. Luka was mvp of that(at the same age). If Luka was named Louke Dontemoute he would probably be hyped more than LeBron i guess

aaquaa, Ankara1923 and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He can’t, he’s having an argument with himself.
    Alp is average height and solid length, with average to slightly above average athleticism.

19. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

He has not played a game of nba yet, so we can assume all the greatest things about him! Oh, the appeal of the potential of the young players who have not played a game of nba, or even a top level match, they are always better than the actual nba players.

aaquaa and bmelo like this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

Whats even funnier Wembanyama would be eaten alive in Turkey and Sengun was MVP but I know Sengun is white european who dont dunk so Americans will think hes ****