1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Blade (Mahershala Ali)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

that’s ok. at least we got she hulk, who is very necessary and really adds to the overarching avengers storyline

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He’s mad because Disney doesn’t know Transylvania is where vampires are from not trannies
    @Jontro

DCkid and Jontro like this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don’t really get the whole “Feige” spread too thin thing. He’s just a final approver/manager of the direction and continuity. Unless it really is a continuity issue where he’s constantly coming in later and later to request changes for continuity when movies are finished when really everything should have been plotted out before the screenplay was written. Then that’s a Feige problem for sure.

Also I was under the impression that they filmed basically all the D+ at the same time for the season 1’s. What’s filming now is stuff we won’t see till late next year and 24. I think SheHulk was done over a year ago and shot at the same time as everything going back to Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, Loki, MoonKnight, etc. It seems like they are just constantly cranking out shows but really they haven’t filmed much of anything between the D+ shows and Black Panther/Quantum.

Given that they were doing all of those shows plus Spider-Man, Thor, Eternals, etc. I think there’s no reason Feige should be stretched thinner than he’s been in the past.

I think what’s happening is infighting at Disney and given the lack luster reviews of a few phase 4 shows and movies, people sense there’s blood in the water and are trying to push narrative to get Feige fired and get themselves elevated. Just rumors and people talking when the reality is it’s probably just the contract issues being sorted out by lawyers and board members.

The issue is probably the cast scale of Secret Wars, and the contract situation with characters from from Sony and Universal. It’s a butterfly affect where they’ve gotta know whose on deck for Secret Wars or it’ll have a cascading affect so it probably has little to do with Feige and more to do with Universal or whoever used to own XMen, and that causes delays and the director got another gig he took instead of waiting.

I’m all for letting Marvel press pause and take their time. Especially now with Game of Thrones, Star Wars, and Rings of Power type of shows existing in the fandom. They have time to breathe imo and should take it even if they lose Ali and Blade gets massively delayed. I’d rather it be good.

And yeah SheHulk is bad. They have to be so happy it’s getting covered up right now with HOTD/Andor/TROP. Otherwise all anyone would be talking about is how Feige should be fired for letting this show see the light of day. I have to think they would have canned it if they didn’t have these other shows to cover it up. There’s a reason it’s on right now.

#43 dobro1229, Sep 29, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

Blade with Wesley Snipes was iconic
    They better not screw this up and make him some Steve Urkel vampire killer
    @Jontro

Xerobull, cheke64 and Jontro like this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That's what it looks like. Some nerdy weak actor

Jontro likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

Mahershela said he was frustrated
    if he quits they might have to find Will Smith

Xerobull likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Classic growth trap when there's a Rockstar piloting the ship.

The problem is lack of delegation. There must be some elements that KF doesn't let go of. He's the architect, but he needs a few people that share in his vision 100% that can take the reins on various projects, MCU Commissars if you will. What I'm seeing is that KF is giving short notes to show creators and then just letting them do whatever, which is causing quality and continuity issues.

There is absolutely internal political pressure at Disney/Marvel Studios, especially with SW being ****ed up by Kathleen Kennedy. The MCU is Disney's crown jewel right now and there is tremendous pressure to not **** that up.

I don't think KF will get fired. But I do think a reorg is in order to put good people under him that he can truly delegate to without having to check his phone every five minutes. He has to be feeling burnout from the pressure. Burnout = ambivalence, mistakes, loss of motivation.

I never loved the casting of M. Ali for this role, but there's no denying he's an A-List actor. If he bails on the project, I'm sure they will do fine. Hell, just bring back Snipes and the fan mob will forget about Ali and the drama in two milliseconds.

jiggyfly and dobro1229 like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I saw Feige come out and put on a FULL-ON Marvel musical set at D23. He's fine with time.

The script maybe sucked, Feige's job isn't to do everything, never has been.

9. Xerobull

I'd say initial script review should be in the purview of the president of a studio. They put 8-9 figures into these shows and movies. It's worth an hour of time.

Jontro and tinman like this.
  10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I was actually looking forward to this one. Oh well…

Marvel needs to do a total reset like what Jerome Powell is doing to the US housing market by burning it down.

Jontro and Xerobull like this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah that's my thinking too, but I do think that the Butterfly affect with the roster of actors and characters getting out of contract or dealing with contracts with upcoming projects is the primary delaying factor.

Even if you take out the Sony/X-Men cluster, just think about Blade involving a character like Kit Harrington's Black Knight which was setup. Now with Kit Harrington potentially signing up to live in Belfast for 5 years to do a Jon Snow GOT show, that's a huge issue where they have to now plug in another character potentially, and move chess pieces around, etc. and there's a butterfly affect. I don't know if they are going to luck out with the original Avengers cast they had prior where they were all basically owned by the MCU, and weren't really sought after A list stars tied up in other on-going projects. Even Scarlett Johansson as the biggest A list star was usually doing just one-off artsy films. She didn't have the baggage too that someone like Spiderman/Tom Holland has, etc.

But no I don't think KF will be getting fired. He's as close to untouchable as they come in the business at the moment. I also think Wakanda Forever is likely to set box office records, and Disney will start to calm down a bit.

Xerobull likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Feige carried himself and spoke like he owned Disney at D23. If he got fired he wouldn't care, that was the vibe he was putting off.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Even during some of the other movie's/show's panels the actors/directors/hosts were talking about Feige and what he was thinking in that moment, during in their own panels.

14. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

Mahershala Ali is far from a weak actor. Losing him they might as well scrap the re-boot.

Andre0087, Ziggy and jiggyfly like this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Agreed, he can easily play someone else. I could see him putting off the Reed Richards vibes that the 7 or 8 hardcore F4 fans are insisting on.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. Xerobull

Potential Plot Detail Leak:

BLADE: Possible Story Details Revealed Including Plans For The Movie To Have A Period Setting

While the Blade script is said to be going through some changes, new story details have now surfaced that reveal Marvel Studios is/was looking to follow the comic books by setting the action in the 1920s.
    News
    JoshWilding | 9/30/2022
    Filed Under: "Blade" Source: The Illuminerdi
    [​IMG]

Blade is said to be undergoing some major changes at Marvel Studios, leaving us unsure whether we'll see it next November as planned. When we do, the movie may be vastly different to the version Bassam Tariq had planned, though The Illuminerdi has now shared some plot details about what might have been...and what might still be.

According to the site, Blade was going to be primarily set in the 1920s with the Daywalker squaring off again European vampires. It sounds like the action was going to jump to multiple periods, potentially meaning the story would follow him into the present day.

With any luck, that would mean we'd catch up with Blade during the events of Eternals and finally find out why he decided to confront Dane Whitman before he could wield the Ebony Blade.

[​IMG]
    RELATED:
    MOON KNIGHT And X-MEN '97 Writer Beau DeMayo Rumored To Be Overhauling BLADE's Screenplay

Going back to that period setting, though, and it sounds like Marvel Studios is planning to stick to the source material here. Despite what we saw in the Wesley Snipe-led movies, Eric Cross Brooks was born in a London brothel in 1929 and when there were complications with his birth, a doctor was called.

Unfortunately, that doctor was vampire Deacon Frost, and his feeding on Eric's mother changed the child's DNA, creating a human/vampire hybrid. Eric was raised in that brothel and taught how to fight vampires by Jamal Afari, a jazz musician. Given his skill with a knife, he earned the nickname "Blade" and travelled across Europe in a quest to destroy all bloodsuckers.

That means the Blade we meet in the present would be a veteran vampire hunter and someone who more than likely crossed paths with a previous wielder of the Ebony Blade. This could also mean his feud with Dracula plays out over years, ultimately leading to the Daywalker assembling a team - the Midnight Suns, perhaps? - to take him down.

That's speculation on our part, of course, but it would be a fun story to follow. We'll see what happens.

Blade is set to be released in theaters on November 3, 2023.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

1920's Blade sounds DOPE actually.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

Count me in as number 9.

Ziggy likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

NOPE.

That's just 2 clever by half.