1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which 3 would you keep?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Believe It!, Sep 22, 2022.

?

Which 3 would you keep if you had to choose due to the salary cap and the # of max contracts?

Poll closed Sep 22, 2023.
  1. Jalen Green

96.8%
  2. Kevin Porter Jr.

8.4%
  3. Alperen Sengun

61.7%
  4. Jabari Smith

96.1%
  5. Tari Eason

31.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Just remove headcase Porter altogether from this group. I think he has a loser mentality and always will. I don't even have an issue with his PG skills, I just think you can count on him to pout when he doesn't get his way and/or not buy in consistently to the small things winning ball entails.

Sengun v Eason is tough. On paper Eason looks perfect for the modern NBA, but we haven't seen him do anything yet. Sengun looks like a rough fit for the modern NBA, but we've already seen him perform and I think he's one reliable 3 ball away from being an elite offensive player.

I'll take Eason, but only slightly because of projected fit. Basically a coin toss for who I think will be more valuable.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JG/Jabari/Sengun

No one else on the roster comes close to these three. The offense should run through Sengun, too.

There are already metrics out there that have Sengun as the 3rd best isolation big in the entire NBA, as a rookie. o_O Imagine a 23-year-old Sengun.

aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a false dilemma, you can obviously keep them all, but if you had to pick just 3 it's obvious you'd pick Green, KPJ, and Jabari. Those are the most difficult to replace but ideally you'd make it 4 and add Sengun.

Let's just be happy there's no reason why the team would have to keep only 3.

maj21 likes this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Poll tells you all you need to know about what our fans think of KPJ

5. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Yes in a perfect scenario we can keep them all, but originally it was a hypothetical that if all reached their full potential and earned the max, you would have to choose 3. Unless the salary cap is going to explode along with the new T.V. revenue you would not be able to max out 5 players. That would be cool, but...

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You wouldn't though. In a magic scenario where all of these players reach their peak potential and were worthy of the max you keep them all and win 10 championships in a row. With Bird rights the cap is irrelevant.... the tax bill would be ridiculous but in this magic scenario you're talking about what would arguably be the most dominant team in NBA history.

Now obviously that's not reality, you're not gonna have 5 max quality players out of this bunch, if you even have 3 we're talking about potentially winning multiple championships with them.

Believe It! likes this.
  7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Yeah true. I'm thinking most owners would not want to pay 5. But hey 10 rings sounds great.

A man can dream.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In the fantasy scenario where you have 5 max quality players and you own their Bird rights, I think most would do it because the revenue that dream team would bring in would be obscene.

That said the odds of that happening are similar to winning the lottery in back to back drawings.

The much more likely scenario is that MAYBE one or two end up max level and the rest end up falling short, making it easy to keep them all if you want.

9. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

You do that to Sengun - he kisses you goodbye.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah, none of Wembanyama -Jabari-Sengun want to be limited to 20 minutes or so.

So something has to give.

I'm keeping Wembanyama and Jabari who will/would be #1 pick and #3 pick respectfully.

Many here love Sengun because he reminds them of Jokic. To that I say so.....Jokic is
    good for winning MVP trophies.....but rarely gets deep in a playoff. Same with Embiid.

Wembanyama and Jabari and Tari will take us further imo. I'll roll with them.

I'd rather have dueling banjos kicking @## and taking names in Green/KPj.
    Just like I wanted Jaden Ivey. Ivey is going to be a beast in this league.
    It's a guard driven league; people need to accept it.

Tatum /Jaylen Brown are good but they needed Marcus Smart and Derrick White to get to the finals.
    Klay and Wiggins are nice but they needed Steph and Poole to handle the lead attack.
    They got there with no Embiid or Jokic type....instead it was Looney and Robert Williams.

But don't ask me; im only right 90% of the time......or greater.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun, Wemby and Jabari compliment each other really well.
    That should be your starting 3/4/5. Wemby is a perimeter offensive player and can anchor defense. Jabari has spacing and elite perimeter defense. Sengun offers elite vision, post play and was actually really good in switch defense last year.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Green Jabari Victor. There’s your big 3

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

The disrespect and shade that Sengun is getting from most of the posters, is absolutely bonkers.

Smith, Eason and Wembanyama haven't seen a minute of actual NBA action and most of the posters are picking those 3 over a player who has shown flashes of being Jokic-lite.

Question is premature as it is, but my goodness. I can understand the argument for picking Smith and Eason if they absolutely dominated summer league...but they didn't exactly take the league by storm. And Wembanyama hasn't even been drafted yet.

Y'all are wildin'.