1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

EXACTLY. That was Russia's option, before the pipeline was blown up. Blowing up the pipeline takes AWAY Russia's ability to use it as leverage. That hurts Russia massively in how they are navigating this war. It is completely nonsensical for Russia to have done this. On top of that, Biden PREDICTED THIS WOULD HAPPEN and the US had a frigate with diving and bombing capabilities literally IN THE AREA OF THE BLAST. I mean, how much more proof do you need? This is so incredibly obvious. Biden is a total moron for this huge escalation. Every single instinct he has on foreign policy is wrong -- going all the way back to when he didn't want to carry through with the Bin Laden raid... and he's got a 50 year history of promoting international conflicts.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'll preface this by saying I'm a moron.

But, knowing that this is Russia's main means of a connection with Europe, and a big source of income, especially now, maybe it makes sense to further cripple them if you have some sort of reserves on tap. In that case, where does that come from?

Also, is there a way for the Ukraine to claim this? If so, all is fair in love and war.

As I said, I'm a moron, so I'll hang up and listen. Would love to see both sides of this.

basso likes this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except that Russia he already said they would use energy supplies as a weapon and done so by greatly cutting off gas supplies to Europe. There also was reports of a Russian sub I the area that would be much more capable than a surface ship in sabotaging an underwater pipeline.

All you’ve offered is speculation. I admit I don’t know who did it or if this might not be an accident. That’s why I’m asking for proof if you’re going to make accusations.

Nook likes this.
  5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#9125 Ottomaton, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    jiggyfly and mikol13 like this.
  6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. basso

Supporting Member

8. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

This would be like throwing their weapon into the ocean. They can't use it anymore. Nonsensical to destroy it. Their leverage is gone. On the other hand, it would be completely logical for the US or UK to have done this to remove one of Russia's points of leverage. The timing also coincides nicely with the new pipeline being opened (Poland-Norway) and Europe's storage tanks being filled with gas. It's plainly obvious what happened. Overwhelming proof has been offered.

blue_eyed_devil and basso like this.
  9. basso

Supporting Member

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Curious. TJ the Dove

11. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Ukraine has psychic dolphins.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. basso

Supporting Member

13. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

LOL. Great point. Biden helped kill the Keystone XL pipeline. Yet many liberals find it unfathomable that he would move to get rid of a European pipeline. Even after he said he would! The programming is incredibly strong with these people.

basso likes this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

To me, this angle screams Russia, Russia, Russia.

As we know, many countries (Russia included) engage in false flag events during desperate times in order to rally morale for a certain cause.

Seems like Russia may be desperate enough to false flag itself into a 3rd world state.

jiggyfly and rocketsjudoka like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Speculation is hardly overwhelming proof. Russia has shown their long term planning isn't very good and with they are willign to engage in scorched earth tactics. Using that same logic it would also be in the US interest to keep the pipeline as an inducment for Russia to return to the table.

most of all though it seems like there would be easier ways to just shut off the pipeline without engaging in an undersea bombing.

As I'm saying I don't know what caused it. I'm not jumping to conclusion nor relying upon political bias as evidence.

Nook and Ubiquitin like this.
  16. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I hope it was the US.

Nook likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Sure you can hope it was but that's not proof either. It could be the US as yes there is circumstantial evidence the US was involved. It could be Russia as there is circumstantial Russia was involved. It could be Poland, it could be Ukraine it could be any number of countries with resources in the region and some reason to do it.

It could be just an accident too.

The reason why this matters is rampant speculation and jumping to conclusions when tensions are this high and a war is actually being fougth could lead to some tragic and unforeseen consequences.

18. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I am not blaming anyone. Could be Poland too. They had the best motive being **** Russia.

I wonder if we can rule Russia out due to how incompetent they have been in every other regard in this war. Then again, 3/4 of the pipelines were blown up. If it were us, we would’ve blown it up with spyware.

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL are they trying to claim that a Ukrainian diver left their passport down there?

jiggyfly and Two Sandwiches like this.
  20. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member