1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's be honest, Davis Mills is GUTTER TRASH

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by my time to shine, Sep 19, 2022.

1. dmoneybangbang

Not looking great.....

He's going to have the year to hopefully turn it around towards general competency. I think Texans are going to end up having to look towards the draft for a QB.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. my time to shine

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This team needs like 3 0-16 seasons in a row to stock up on talent that gets fans excited.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

iv been disappointed with mills so far. He can really throw a nice ball sometimes. He’s not looking as good as he did the last 5 games of last season.

he’s got the rest of the year ti turn it around.

although I would still be actively looking for a QB in the draft.

I think at least we know mills can be a top end backup QB. He’s done enough imo to be a backup QB on a Super Bowl team.

I know looking back on things is pointless but I would have loved to have taken a deal for Watson with the Eagles. Prob could have gotten 2 first round picks along with Hurts.

Jalen Hurts looks so good and you can tell he’s put in the work. He has the body the athleticism the arm talent is there and always has been. He’s just really zoned in on his accuracy. If he can keep this level of play up he’ll be just as good or better than Watson.

plus he’s a hometown kid would have been a good story with him playing at home.

Philly has their guy love his story and his dedication to get better when he could have went a different route after Alabama. He’s looking like a franchise top 5 QB and is going to get paid a lot of money after this season.

HstnSprtsFan101 and Fulgore like this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with most of this, but Hurts is never going to be a top 5 guy in the league.
    I can see top 10 if he sustains his current play

Two Sandwiches and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Agreed hurts is nice plus a local kid. Hope he does well.

Rudyc281 and YaoMing#1 like this.
  7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree top 10 is more realistic. But if he can keep this level of play up with his arm then I can see him being a top 5 QB.

he’s throwing dimes.

this is all me going on him keeping up his same level of play with his arm. But if he can, he’s easily better then Lamar Jackson imo.

Fulgore, raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Philly finally has there next Donavan McNabb. I just really like hurts always have. Felt bad for him with what happened at Alabama. But that looks like it helped him tremendously and was a blessing. Him being able to go to Oklahoma and be coached under the QB guru Lincoln Riley was so good for his development. Prob wouldn’t have been drafted had he not gone to Oklahoma.

raining threes and Fulgore like this.
  9. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Stares down receivers and loves the check down throw. Pretty much like every Texans QB other than Schaub for a few years and Deshaun.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Is he free after this season?

raining threes likes this.
  11. raining threes

Hurts is doing great. I missed on my evaluation of him. He really improved his reading of defenses and accuracy. His parents have to be proud. Is his dad still coaching?

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. SuraGotMadHops

What I did not expect was for Mills to regress this much since his play last season, I thought he would improve and be better, not regress and be worse. He looks absolutely awful out there and the Texans haven't even really played anybody good yet. He is really blowing it.

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

He was only good one game (Chargers) last year. I haven’t seen anything in this guy.

charlieaustin and Fulgore like this.
  15. mario_v

mario_v Member

Half of that chargers team did not play that game due to COVID.

So Mills best game was against a bunch of backups.

16. conquistador#11

At times He's throwing the ball with just his hips.
    [​IMG]

And never steps through the throw. This is common when you're under pressure but he does it when the defense hasn't even dialed up pressure in the game. It's led to under throws like Cooks one last week and over throws to the sidelines. He wasn't doing that last year, his accurate was pin point to Moore and Cooks on those sideline throws.
    Brady played more in the preseason but we were holding Mills back like he was Aaron Rodgers.

#76 conquistador#11, Sep 26, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Mills is not even looking like a backup. He’s playing like a preseason camp invite guy.

This is currently worst case scenario unfortunately.

Fulgore, mario_v and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

No........ this is far from. It's the second best scenario.

He either became your franchise guy or didnt.

Worst case scenario is if this version of Davis Mills still managed to get you 6-8 wins and then you are stuck with two first round picks in the 10-20 range with not a chance at Bryce Young or CJ Stroud.

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

So much this. Either he does well or he ***** the bed. Less than .500 is mediocrity that takes the team nowhere.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, you could say that about our wide receivers, tight ends, and backup running back as well. It's not just Mills. We need guys that break free of defenders, get open looks on their routes, and move the ball when needed.