1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

John Fetterman vs Mehmet Oz

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Nook

Nook Member

That is one of the problems of a party hooking themselves to a highly unethical, compulsive liar that has a high chance of being convicted of crimes.

It is all politics, but there are consequences for making a deal with the devil.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That's not what I said in my post, but yeah, that would be cool in a perfect world.

My post was intended for hypocrites that look the other way for one person but not for the other just because of the party they represent.

3. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Member

jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol this ****ing dope.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is a pretty clever move. I hadn’t heard any issues with Oz’s health and he looks like he’s in very good shape. Get him to release his health records showing his primary care doctor is in Manhattan to emphasize he doesn’t live in PA but is also a wealthy elite.

ROCKSS, Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Aren’t all these dudes rich?

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

There's rich and being rich and out of touch. That's what's been hurting Oz in this election. He keeps on coming off as out of touch with PA. Having a primary care physician in Manhattan isn't going to help him.

FranchiseBlade and Andre0087 like this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

There’s lots of people who go out of state or even country for their primary
    I don’t think that’s strange , it’s preference and trust. A friends mom in Austin flyings to Orange County CA for her primary since the doctor and patient have been established for many years . People move. It’s better than being with a doctor you don’t like

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Out of touch rich dude trying to represent Pennsylvanians when he lived most of his life in New Jersey vs rich dude who is widely involved in Pennsylvania politics since the 2000s plus was born and bred there.

jiggyfly, Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

Well that could be a problem for sure
    But you can also view it as rich tv guy wants to help
    If you were filthy rich would you want to run ?
    I wouldn’t I would do like Elon and make things better for humans so we can finally be accepted by aliens

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

All good, just means he's a carpetbagger. Be sure to vote for Californian transplants when they start running for office in Texas.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Oz is so rich off his quack tonics, he can self own himself by dumping 5.2M dollars in personal funds into his campaign.

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

My problem with that mindset is that u are ignoring if they are actually knowledgeable to represent the people of said state.
    Oz vs Fetterman.
    Fetterman actually worked his way from mayor to Lt Governor to potential Senator vs Oz a talk show host from New Jersey.

Im not from Pennsylvania, and if u don't have R/Ds next to the candidates its quite obvious that u should vote for the man who at least been participating in Pennsylvania politics vs a dude from New Jersey.

A rich guy wanting to help the people sounds nice, but it's somewhat unrealistic. Most rich folks got rich stepping and putting down the poor. Painting Oz as a saint for the people aint easy to stomach. Hes literally the modern version of a carpetbagger, but lets see how the Pennsylvania folks vote i guess.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

I’m surprised at how bad Dr. Oz has been. On television he comes across as likable and coherent. He has been the opposite so far and I find it very bizarre.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The dude spent over a decade building a warm likable household name in America just to throw it away in a hot second in his yearn to join congress at 60+ years old with a 200 million networth.

What the feck

jiggyfly, ROCKSS, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

We still go to our eye doctor in MN and my wife still uses our MN dentist.

FranchiseBlade and Nook like this.
  17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Trump derangement syndrome.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Understood, but would you agree most people cannot afford to do that or don’t have the time to do that?

FWIW I think it is more common than people think, but I think it’s politically smart of Fetterman because it is just another indication Oz is a carpetbagger.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Oh..I agree with you. People that pay any attention already know Oz didn't live there.

And... if we didn't have 5 grandkids in MN, we would go to the eye doctor and dentist in St. Pete. We don't have to make special trips to see them. We just work them into our normal visiting schedule.

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

True but I presume you're not running for statewide office in FL.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.