1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Unc? As in Uncle Tom? Seems a bit racist.
    Interracial marriage is protected under equal protection. It doesn't rely on "substantive due process," so it should be safe.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's a big baby alright, but that light he sees is from Q
    Just call this right wing nut Doctor Q.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I can't believe this guy is an MD. He's literally a scientist and spews this garbage. He needs to lose his medical license.

Reeko and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Doctors aren't scientists. It's like calling an engineer a scientist.

The vast majority of doctors are not competent in research and understanding statistical methods for research.

Nook likes this.
  5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Didn’t you say at one point the civil rights act act was unconstitutional? Therefore couldn’t the Supreme Court rule the same?

…and yeah I agree that ***** is an Uncle Tom of the highest level.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Xerobull

It's a degree in biological sciences. It's a science degree. They deal with facts based on studies. Not conspiracy theories about nanobots connecting to the IOT to control your brain.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

doctors read peer reviewed publications and are up to date on the latest scientific research in their field…at least they should be

I’m curious to know what publication or team of researches came to the conclusion that the Covid vaccine will turn u into a human 5g hot spot

CCorn and Xerobull like this.
  8. fchowd0311

My main point is that doctors aren't specialized in research and most doctors don't do any research whatsoever.

Engineers understand scientific principles and apply them. Doctors understand scientific principles and apply them. But neither are scientists unless they specialize in research.

My main point is that a medical researcher is far more knowledgeable on claims about things like vaccine research than your general physician. There are plenty of general physicians who don't understand the statistical methods for studies.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Most don’t do any research whatsoever? That’s a lie

u don’t need to be specialized in research anyways to know that 5G vaccines is laughable nonsense…Bubba from FB peddling that is 1 thing, but an actual doctor? He should be ashamed of himself

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

In this instance is obvious. But I've seen friends I went to high school with who are college educated who have spread misinformation about vaccines merely because they cited a general care family physican's "research" on the vaccines.

So my concern has more to do with less obviously stupid claims made by people who seem credible at face value just because the perception that physicians are also informed researchers by default.

11. Xerobull

MDs are required to do Continuing Medical Education to retain their licenses. They are held to a standard of science. Just because they aren't running experiments doesn't mean they aren't scientists. They are people of science. And that degree confers a high level of credibility that says, this person knows WTF they are talking about. Which is why this nutjob should lose his license.

I get it, some doctors are morons. I worked with some. But it doesn't take away from the fact that they had to work hard, pass tests and be subjected to rigorous residency working with other more experienced doctors to get to where they are now.

Point is, this guy's insane rhetoric flies in the face of medical science, the very thing he is supposed to be an expert of.

Nook, jiggyfly and rocketsjudoka like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think in all professions you're required continuing education that doesn't mean that all people actually learn from it. I know in my profession there are a lot who just do the bare minimum, have no intellectual curiousity and will continue to do practices and believe things even if they have been disproven.

That said when you're pushsing something this on the face so outlandish I agree for general safety their license should be looked at.

jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

from the MAGA republican running for Congress who lied about serving in Afghanistan in the latest pathetic attempt at stolen valor

this is the 1st time I’m seeing this

[​IMG]

they got a Kyrie jersey in the video…lmao…right wing now loves Irving

this chump was running around doing interviews saying 1 of his biggest regrets is missing his grandmother’s funeral because he was out in the battlefield in Afghanistan knowing damn well he never stepped foot there

people will lie about anything these days

Nook, jiggyfly and Andre0087 like this.
  14. Xerobull

fjc...

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

When you have individuals like @Salvy @basso @Commodore @SuraGotMadHops willing to believe them and support their platform, can you blame them for leeching off gullible individuals?

Andre0087 likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL.

The fact that you did not drown us in a wall of text is very telling.

Andre0087 likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Da ****?

And he was serious about that ****.

Talk about struggle bars.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

20. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's just ****ing bizarre at this point-

GOP Unveils 'Commitment To America' Plan With Stock Videos Of Russia, Ukraine
    “We celebrate the rich heritage of the American story,” a narrator says, over footage of a drilling rig in Russia's Volgograd region.

Jennifer Bendery
    Sep 23, 2022, 03:29 PM EDT

House Republican leaders on Friday unveiled their “Commitment to America” agenda for 2023 ― and with it, an inspirational video full of scenes presented as exceptional imagery of America that were actually stock footage from Russia and Ukraine.

The GOP’s video, “The Preamble to the Commitment to America,” opens with a narrator highlighting aspects of what it means to be an American.

“We celebrate the rich heritage of the American story and the vibrancy of the American Dream,” the voice says, over footage of a drilling rig at sunrise.

But this video snippet, an apparent nod to America’s natural resources, wasn’t filmed in America. It’s stock footage created by Serg Grbanoff, a filmmaker based in Russia.

Grbanoff told HuffPost that he filmed this scene in Russia’s Volgograd region. Here’s a screenshot of the image in the House Republican leaders’ video, versus an original shot on Shutterstock’s website:

[​IMG]

House Republicans used stock footage of a drilling rig in Russia in their video celebrating their vision for America in 2023.

It’s not the only instance where Grbanoff’s work appears in the GOP’s video celebrating America.
    In another scene, a boy is seen smiling and running in a field with a toy airplane. The words “Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” appear on the screen, a reference to the Declaration of Independence.

This clip was also created by Grbanoff, and also filmed in the Volgograd region. Here’s a screenshot of the image in the GOP’s video versus an original shot on Shutterstock’s website:
    [​IMG]

Here is a boy holding a toy airplane who appears in a video from House Republicans celebrating American exceptionalism. This boy was actually filmed in Russia.
    At another point in the House Republican leaders’ video, they take a shot at Democrats on the economy.
    “Democrats have led America off track,” the narrator says. The words “Crippling inflation and rampant crime” appear on the screen, over a shot of a woman walking through a grocery store.

[​IMG]

The video from House Republicans also featured this woman walking through a European grocery store.

But this is footage from a European grocery store. If you look closely at the screenshot, you can see a tag hanging on one of the store shelves that says “AKCIA,” a Slovak word meaning “action.” Informally, “AKCIA” is used to designate sales in Slovakian stores.

House Republicans almost certainly used imagery from Ukraine in their video about America, too.

The video includes a clip of a farmer carrying a bag on his shoulder in a field of corn, as the words “And the vibrancy of the American Dream” appear on the screen.

[​IMG]

Republicans almost certainly used video footage from Ukraine in their video celebrating America.

This is also stock footage sourced from a Shutterstock contributor, DedovStock. The man featured in the clip works for DedovStock, and has a page of his work on its website. His page features shots of him in Ukraine and the Carpathian Mountains, which stretch through Ukraine and parts of Eastern Europe.

A spokesperson for House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) did not immediately respond to a request for comment as to why GOP leaders rolled out their plan for America with a video featuring stock footage from Russia.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hous...russia-ukraine_n_632dc7afe4b0d12b5404bab1?hgm

jiggyfly, subtomic and Reeko like this.