1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Rank - Green #62

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Sep 20, 2022.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

They are higher than LaMelo Ball, Darius Garland, Zion Williamson and Tyrese Maxey, which makes absolutely no sense.

Cade Cunningham averaged 17/6/6 on 4 turnovers a game and TS 51%. You can't convince me he will be better than LaMelo Ball next season, who is the same age as Cunningham and currently averaging 20/7/8 on 3 turnovers a game and TS 55%.

apollo33, Houston77 and topfive like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Cade might be the most overrated player in the league.

Even his assist to turnover ratio isn't that much better than Green's while Green is a significantly more efficient scorer which is sad given how horrible Green was his first half of the season.

#42 fchowd0311, Sep 21, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

two things:

1. It's a little annoying to see Cade, Scottie and Mobley ranked so much higher than Jalen, but I guess the first half of his rookie campaign was really brutal.

2. IF JOSH CHRISTOPHER ISN'T TOP 25 I AM STARTING A RIOT!

WestendMassive, D-rock and Easy like this.
  4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Future Laker - Jalen Green.

Future Hawk - Jabari Smith

need to go back to the drawing board and draft Texas players.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

this one I can actually see

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think Mobley will an all-star next season

Plowman likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I could see Jalen leaving, but the future of the Lakers is so piss-poor that I struggle to see them as a desirable destination for anyone over the next 8 years or so. Plus, their owner's wealth is entirely from the team itself, so I don't see them ever outspending teams like GSW, LAC, or many others. I just think the future of the Lakers is pretty bleak.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Absurd absurd absurd.

Tyler f*cking Herro a spot ahead of Green? There's not a GM in this universe who would trade Green for Herro.

Tyler Herro scored a 20 points on 17 shots last season, as mediocre as you can possibly get and he's a useless defender you stick on your worst offensive player. Practically any scorer of any age and any calibre in the NBA would put up 20 points on 17 shots. Bruno Fernando would put up 20 points on 17 shots.

Green has already scored 17 points on 13 shots as a rookie and showed better defense in his last 20 games than Herro has in his 20 best defensive games.

Ridiculous. If they were talking about rating people's overall performance last season you could make a case, but they are talking about who is the better player now after last season's experience.

Man... where can I bet some damn money on Jalen Green surpassing everyone's expectations?

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

He should be in this range if it's based on last season's .. But he damn sure ain't no 62nd ranked player once the ball goes up this season..

10. verysimplejason

Green will be in the top 40 by end of the year or higher bar any injuries.

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I thought this was supposed to have a 2022 prediction rank. He was 62 last season, for reference, Anthony Ed awards was 52 last season and 25 this season. Do we know what greens predicted ranking is for 22-23?

12. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Maybe if you mean top 40 ALL TIME!

Who’s with me???
    931E8B31-5DBA-427E-9547-7E5247D3A704.gif

13. TimDuncanDonaut

Regarding Jarrett Allen, him alone wouldn't ruin a tank. He was on the Cavs for two years, first year with the Cavs' record was as bad as ours. 22-50

2020-21 - 51 games (30.3 minutes)
    2021-22 - 56 games (32.3 minutes) #good enough to be an All Star (reserve)

This isn't me counting Sengun / Garuba out, or not believing on Wemby sweepstakes. But if Allen was here, Rockets wouldn't have been still searching for a more solidified C. Team wasted some valuable time. They fumbled in not knowing sooner that Wood wasn't worth it. Later in getting Theis, didn't correct the team's front court dynamic. Currently, team is so unsure that they're even looking at Cauley-stein.

People can put Allen in a tier with say a Myles Turner. In Turner's case, other thirsty NBA teams want him. But Allen... he was within Rocket's grasp. The initial crop of stars post Harden era: Oladipo, Wall, Wood, (poor man: Theis), vs a Jarrett Allen. Most Rocket fans would take Allen at his current contract over all those guys. The 2020-21 Rockets front office focused on the wrong 'top' guys. They let a good one slip.

Missed opportunities are missed opportunities.

I hope Sengun pans out, take that next leap.

#53 TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 22, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Rockets had to finish bottom 4 in 2021 or else they lost their pick - adding an expensive player to back up or supplant Christian Wood, who was the prize off-season acquisition , for better or worse, was not advisable then and not advisable later, even if he ended up hitting. I'd rather have draft pick #2 and 3 in loaded drafts than Jarrett Allen, draft pick # 9, and a couple of 30 win seasons.

That will ruin a tank faster than a Ukrainian with a drone

#54 SamFisher, Sep 22, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    theDude, Rashmon and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. TimDuncanDonaut

There were still avenues in signing a guy and preventing him from ruining a tank. Load manage, sit a guy out for minor injuries...etc. There were plenty of tank commanders on the squad.

As previously mentioned, Cavs was still bad with Allen that year, they ended up with the 3rd pick (which is in bottom 4).

We have the power of hindsight, and I'm not saying Stone won't recover, but it was a missed opportunity.

16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Silly way to look at it. I wouldn’t trade jalen for curry, doesn’t mean he’s better

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Clearly in the top 20 along with Sengun.

Easy likes this.
  18. Mathloom

Uh, no. You're looking at it in a silly context of two players with 15 years age difference.

I'm talking about 2 young players and their next 10 years. This list is talking about who the better player is at the end of last season and both have 10+ years to give. So by any reasonable logic, if one is better than the other, you're making the trade.

By the end of last season, you would have to be a f*cking idiot or Pat Riley to not see Jalen Green is better than Tyler Herro overall, immediately and for the rest of their careers.

Ladies and Gentleman. This is Chapter 4: The Final Call. From this point onwards, it gets embarrassing for you to not have seen what was coming. If anyone else believes like I do, go ahead and start the Chapter 4 thread. It's time.

19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I don’t like herro at all, i think he sucks and his next contract will be horrific. You still have to he realistic though, if your goal is to win a title, jalen was not a top 250 player last season (probably much lower then even that), so he is all potential (i think his ceiling is limitless and i love the kid)

20. Mathloom

Dude, I don't even know wtf to tell a Rockets fan who believes Green is not top 250 while ESPN ranks him 62. It's just too much of an externality to even bother trying.