1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's be honest, Davis Mills is GUTTER TRASH

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by my time to shine, Sep 19, 2022.

1. my time to shine

This joker can’t even get a first down

at this point I’m just hoping for high draft picks from Texans and browns.

we’ll build with a better QB soon. Davis Mills is a joker

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I’m not entirely sure you’ll find a better QB in this draft. They’re few and far between. You might find one that fools you for longer. I hope I’m wrong, but I’m not sold on this QB class.

Champs, Uprising, Caesar and 6 others like this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Who cares. U draft until you find a franchise qb or poach a bridge qb until u do. Running it back with mills next season isn't the answer especially after yesterday's performance. U draft more qbs and have mills Duke it out for starter position next year.

Losing to BoB 2.0 was just sad. If we had an even competent qb that game was a win.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I get what you’re saying but I care. I would like to be drafting a QB I feel confident in. When we drafted Mills i was like, why not? I wasn’t confident, but why not? So yeah, I care. I would way rather draft when an Andrew Luck is up first…or a John Elway…I’d way rather draft that way. I’m not real confident in who we might get to draft from this class, but I’ll be rooting hard for the guy I was wrong about!!

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He looks scared, throws darts over the middle and ducks to the edges.

I think Garrapolo is still available.

DD

macho GRANDE likes this.
  6. Qan

Qan Member

How's he available? He's taken over for 49ers since Lance is hurt.

7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Do Mills suck? Yes. Is he a potential starter? No. But can he get better? I think that's the major question.

I think last year was a mirage, when he did play well. I think we need to give him until the midway point to make an honest assessment.

It's a win, win. If he gets better, we at least have a viable backup, if he continues to lose, we get a high draft pick.

Champs and my time to shine like this.
  8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why the hell did this need it's own thread? You aren't talking about anything different than has been discussed in the Davis Mills thread that has been open a while.

B-Bob, whag00 and raining threes like this.
  9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

A true quarterback is hard to find. Sometimes you think you have a true quarterback and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded while your quarterback is on a massage table in the happy baby pose.

[​IMG]

B-Bob, cbass, studogg and 2 others like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He should stop throwing underhand.

studogg likes this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Nope. 49ers need him now since their starter Lance? Got a season ending surgery

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Maybe he can play third base left handed.

MadMax, davidio840 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I think what you say here is rational. What everyone continues to forget is Mills is a 2nd year starter with limited college and pro starting experience. That lack of experience, coupled with a new offense has shown this season. We need to give the young man some more time before we write him off.

I will say that I am discouraged by his performance so far. The way he finished last season I had great hope. Was last season a mirage? No, it may be an anomaly, but he certainly put together some impressive efforts.

As Pep gets a feel for running his offense with DP, I'm hoping we can develop some sort of rhythm on offense. I just don't see Davis playing with any rhythm, he just seems out of sync.

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Looking at Jalen Hurts and Tua thrive is very telling of this franchise... They rebuilt on the fly and look like playoff contenders in a 3 year span... Yet Texans trot out this bargain basement ass roster and safe ass coaching staff... Draft a QB , develop your draft picks, and spend some ****ing money next offseason... It ain't as hard as it was 20 years ago to turn around your franchise quickly, but these barbq-for-publicity ass mfers stuck in the 90s way of thinking..

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

What if Mills comes out with a couple of great games in a row? I think he's struggling a little, but his first game was not "gutter trash". Im not sold on him as the future, but I am not willing to make absolute statements so soon and ruin my chi for the season!

Rudyc281, deb4rockets and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. sydmill

sydmill Member

Mills certainly appears to not be the long term answer. However, the rest of the team isnt ready to compete anyway so having him be a placeholder isnt the worst thing in the world for a rebuilding team. I think a QB has to be had in the next draft or in 2024 at the latest. Despite what has been mentioned here a lot of talent evaluators are saying this is one of the strongest QB classes in recent memory. Personally, I want Anderson and a QB in the first round and then spend the rest of the draft on Oline and the defense. Next draft grab more offensive skill positions and more defense and then fill in with free agency.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Have to hope the Browns have an equally abysmal season as the Texans. Leaving the draft with Will Anderson and any of the top 3-4 QB prospects would be almost too good to be true.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This is my hope right now

Verbal Christ and sydmill like this.
  19. sydmill

sydmill Member

True. My dream scenario currently is for the Texans to score Anderson with their top pick and then Will Levis with their second frp. From there I look at DB in the second round (Jordan Battle or Joey Porter are current likes), an OT (Dawand Jones or Carter Warren) & OG (Layden Robinson) in round 3. BPA the rest of the way.

One thing I would consider is putting off QB until Round 2 where I would pick either Van Dyke or McKee to sit a season behind Mills and hone their skills. I could see that as a viable way to obtain the guy if the available first rounders arent endearing to Casserio.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

After one season...

[​IMG]

"Davis Mills is a franchise QB!"

After one game...

[​IMG]

"Davis Mills is gutter trash!"

juanm34, B-Bob and Buck Turgidson like this.