1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Biden's America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SuraGotMadHops, May 12, 2021.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I can understand some of this, However let’s pretend someone on here like @Sweet Lou 4 2 perceives my posts as friendly to trump and has a FBI buddy with maybe pro-liberal political bias that he says something over lunch at Olive Garden while munching on breadsticks and eating chicken parmigiana about me and how he thinks I’m insane,… (btw I use sweets name because I actually am cordial with) .
    The FBI buddy casually asks for the screenshot …

FBI buddy is trying to get promoted and knows that if he gets more insider tips like this it could possibly boost his career if there might be something there …so he put my name in a data pool for pending investigation

fast forward to the immediate future I get a knock on the door and I have to tell you that is actually scary even if I am completely innocent because then I have to explain where I was on January 6, 2020 and to be honest with you I have no idea, well .Actually yes I have a idea I was in Tennessee but then you have to prove that.. seems to put the burden on innocent people and it looks bad… It may not be weaponization of the DOJ but it sure looks like it when it’s done in a manner of just picking out people and I hope that’s not the case I mean maybe it’s not and there was strong evidence that thankfully was proven wrong for the civilian in this case.

Nook likes this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Her story doesn't add up. First of all, why would the FBI say they were raiding her home based on an anonymous tip? And secondly, is an anonymous tip even enough to get a search warrant (@Nook ?)

Finally, why didn't she show the warrant or discuss it at all. Who was the judge who signed off on it? The FBI can't just raid your home without one.

3. Major

Major Member

Sounds like the entire history of America in regards to black people.

jiggyfly and ROCKSS like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

The Courts rely on the Illinois v. Gates standard. Basically the court takes into consideration the totality of the situation and circumstances when making a decision. In general Judges do not like hearsay, so I am sure they had more to rely on than simply an information that claims the person was involved. It is basically a common sense standard.

We almost always needed more than an informant tip. We would bring up the facts around the informant (no criminal record), how they are reliable (person was a victim of the crime for example), would bring up other parts of the investigation that point to the information from the informant being accurate and that was typically enough for a search warrant.

In this case I don't know what other facts they presented to the court, but it is highly unlikely the warrant would be approved without something other than simply an informant. That "something else" sometimes can be weak though.

ROCKSS and rocketsjudoka like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I know a similar case that happened in Germany this year. An outspoken critic of the current government. A doctor, no criminal history whatsoever. 6 am, 40 police men crack his door open, guns out. Search his entire place, take phones, computers, etc.

Nook likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty hairy stuff. I thought Germany had far better laws protecting citizens too.

The DOJ did try to go after John Kerry under Trump's order - that came out recently. As for this woman though, it just doesn't make sense that the POTUS would get involved with ordering harassment on Trump supporters. What good could come of that, especially when you know that they are just going to turn around and go on Tucker Carlson.

My sense there is more to this then we know.

ROCKSS likes this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Gas was $2.85 at Buc-ees league city today.

Houston’s economy seems to be doing well even with this evil dictator in place that’s trying to turn us all into Mexicans or whatever.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

where I stay, stuff like this or some random HEB mass shooter is the type of violence I worry about

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The gangs are in charge in big cities. It's a bad scenario.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

this world has gone mad

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

They are? Are they "in charge" of New York? Boston? Philadelphia? Houston? Dallas?
    Are you replying to someone I have on ignore? I don't understand your post.

Rileydog and Andre0087 like this.
  12. Major

Major Member

Joe Biden's America...

https://www.axios.com/2022/09/14/us-child-poverty-record-low-2021

Child poverty in America has dropped by more than 80% since 1993.
    • Zoom in: The child poverty rate was 27.9% in 1993, but fell to a record low of 5.2% in 2021, according to new census data.
    • Not only are there immediate improvements to the well-being of kids and families, there are also long-term benefits for society, like lower rates of crime, lower health care costs and more tax revenue.

JeeberD, jiggyfly, adoo and 4 others like this.
  13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Wouldn't that be Clinton, Bush, Obama, and Trump's America? 1993-2021 is 7 years if Clinton, 8 of Bush, 8 of Obama, 4 of Trump, and 1 of Biden.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Nobody made you leave SL

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That really seems like a stretch. As others noted there is several steps that need to be taken to launch a raid that are not going to be met from the situation you describe. If an FBI agent just wants to knock on your door they can as much as anyone else could. Unless they have a warrant you are under no obligation to respond to them in any way.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t know if you follow Ayn Rand but that sounds very Objectivist.

Honestly feeling that people who make less money than you hate you sounds like a paranoid call to class warfare. There is a difference between wanting a progressive tax system and believing that is hate.

Also “taxation is theft” is a frequent used slogan but it really doesn’t reflect the nature of government . Your yourself have recognized government needs to fulfill functions and those need to pay for them. Tariffs and sales taxes are still taxes. So such absolutists statements don’t really even reflect what you stated you believe.

Nook, jiggyfly and Andre0087 like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not really a "slogan," I'm not sure if given a choice most Americans would choose to donate more of their money to the government than spend on food and housing

Americans Spent More on Taxes Last Year Than on Food, Health Care, Education, and Clothing Combined

https://reason.com/2022/09/12/ameri...-health-care-education-and-clothing-combined/

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lower income tax rates for brackets under 400k significantly and ramp up the rate for capital gains bracket over 400 grand significantly.

This will ease the burden of the common American salaried worker.

19. adoo

adoo Member

hate to break it to you, OT, you've been conned.

the intellectually dishonest article---no raw data, no charts, no tables, just spins---insinuates that its source is the BLS.​

but the BLS doesn't track taxes paid; that info resides w the IRS; nor does the BLS track food, health care, education and clothing.

Nook, Deckard and jiggyfly like this.
  20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

This won't be nearly as effective as you think. They money would just move elsewhere.