1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ban Swords: Woman beheaded in broad daylight in San Carlos, CA

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Sep 9, 2022.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Where’s all the defund the police signs at now?

Salvy likes this.
  3. HTM

HTM Member

Fine with me. Ban swords and guns.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the real question is
    is he going to get zero bail?

King1 and Salvy like this.
  5. ROXRAN

Probably, …this seems like a pattern unfortunately..
    In Memphis, Ezekiel Kelly was charged with attempted first-degree murder but pled guilty to a downgraded aggravated assault charge in April 2021.
    Kelly was sentenced to three years in prison, but was released in March 2022 after serving just 11 months of his sentence.

so guess what happened recently in Memphis on the heels of the shocking abduction and murder of the jogger ? He goes on a vicious murder spree and kills 4 people, injures more plus at least one carjacking in random locations while attempting to livestream on Facebook before cops finally stopped him. 4 people that should be alive but for some reason there seems to be a trend on bail and reduce sentences …btw to the mayors credit of Memphis he condemned the reduced sentence at least but too late for victims

Memphis is notorious bad…almost 25 percent smaller than the size of Nashville but twice the danger. I went there for a soccer tournament for my daughter years ago and there’s only one decent area (Germantown)..I would say Memphis is the Dallas of TN, but I don’t even think Dallas is that bad

#5 ROXRAN, Sep 9, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    Salvy likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

#swordcontrolNOW

Was he a criminal out on bond?

7. Nook

Nook Member

The Democrats are going to regret supporting non cash bail. Granted they have distanced themselves from "defund the police", but it is going to still haunt them. The Democrats should vilify the Republicans for Trump's crime reform.

The Democrats are in the cat bird seat if they would avoid a few STUPID subjects, and crime reform is one of those subjects.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Serious question? Was he on bail? IDK

If he wasn't, then I don't really see how it involves Democrats..... if anything it sounds like a mental health issue.

9. ROXRAN

swords and knifes are no joke. Police has something called the tueller drill where within 21 feet, knifes are deemed to be on a equal lethality concern compared to a handgun or in some cases a greater threat based on response time

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Gave them to the Republicans and they rebranded it Defund the FBI

Rocket River

11. ROXRAN

At least we are recycling right? Lol

12. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.

I understand the argument that it isn't fair to the poor that they cannot afford bail and I understand that it can be an exploitative industry.

Having said that, people charged with a violent crime do not need to be released on no money bail and people that are convicted of violent crimes need to stay in prison. I support reform for non dangerous criminals in some cases - but letting people that commit violent crime out is a recipe for disaster. I remember how bad crime was in the 1990's before the crime bill and incarcerations. We saw crime drastically fall and now people want to undo that and it is a mistake.

Long term we need to address why we have criminals coming out of places like Memphis, but in the short term, letting these people out is a big mistake.

13. ROXRAN

Agree completely…I appreciate that the mayor who is a moderate Democrat (I believe not completely certain but reports indicate his political preference) echoed that stance as well and was emphatic on what the problem is so this is something that should be bipartisan for sure as far as where the line is on violent crime…or maybe that’s just the libertarian in me that finds common sense as preferential to most

Nook likes this.
  14. Salvy

Salvy Member

King1 and J.R. like this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Everything is Case by Case
    IMO The Evidence has to be very compelling that
    1. They did it
    2. They are a threat if released

Every allegation cannot be a ROT IN JAIL until trial situation

Rocket River

tinman and Nook like this.
  16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Mental illness is no joke. There should be more funding for mental illness.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

Has Donald Trump been condemned for this crime yet?

J.R. likes this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Sharp objects are responsible for over 95% of all decapitations. We need to start talking about banning assault sharp objects...

J.R. likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

See, just a lot of ignorance from people that aren’t familiar with the topic or purposely playing political games.

First, outside of Chicago and the Chicago suburbs, Illinois is an under developed state that is all dying little towns or corn fields. The only difference between Arkansas and Illinois, is the Chicago land area.

I would not live in Illinois if I didn’t live in the Chicago area. 80% of Illinois is small conservative little towns that are dead because of huge agri-farms and former company towns. They are all very conservative, very religious and isolated and poor. To be clear, they are not poor or dying because they are Republican. It just works that way. Unless you own a massive farm, there is nothing going on there. People are leaving these areas and have been for decades.

The Chicago land area is doing very well. For example I heard on Fox News where they said 9000 businesses left Chicago last year (which is deceptive because really 9,000 closed) and how terrible the city is doing. What they didn’t tell you is that 10,500 new businesses opened the same year so the city actually grew at a solid rate.

Chicago is doing very well, it is very affluent and has lots of rich people from around the world moving in. Real estate in the city is selling very well even with high property taxes.

The vast majority of the city is extremely safe. The city is segregated and treats the 5 neighborhoods where blacks and Puerto Ricans live very poorly and it’s a real problem. However the city is far from dying.

As far as the politicians being crazy and warning people to get out… they have said that for literally 100 years. Governors here often end up in jail. The second to last Democrat governor and second to last Republican governor both ended up In jail.

The city of Chicago is dominated by one political party and it results in some poor leaders because it isn’t competitive elections. However, that’s no different than Texas. Abbot, Cruz and Paxton are all objectively crappy leaders. There is a good chance Paxton ends up in prison.

I just find it silly…. It’s like Texans and Californians making fun of each other’s power grids. News flash, they both are terrible.

adoo and rocketsjudoka like this.