1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Fetterman vs Mehmet Oz

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 25, 2022.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Fetterman doesn’t look healthy. Not sure how good he is at public speaking, but I can understand him hesitating to do a debate with Oz.

tinman likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If Black Bolt came after him, he would definitely die.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is that Oz already has taken on Fetterman and not done well at it. Fetterman’s camp has already defined Oz a which Oz. Has done little to counter .

Yes Oz can still win and Fetterman’s and Democrats should not take it for granted but at the moment the odds are not in Oz’s favor.

#43 rocketsjudoka, Sep 8, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Of course dips**t tinman likes Oz. He's a celebrity. As pathetic as it is, that's all that matters in his sad little mind.

5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

He probably isn’t as healthy as he says he is that doesn’t mean he’s as sick as his opponents are claiming he is.

The problem that Oz’s camp has largely failed is being able to bring up Fetterman’s health without appearing cold hearted. What they need is for Fetterman to be just unwell enough to question his ability to serve but not so sick or even die that they appear cold hearted.

There has been precedence of a candidate for Senate losing to a dead person when John Ashcroft lost to Mel Carnahan in the 2000 MO Senate race.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Which polls are these? I haven’t seen any polls that look good for Oz.

Andre0087 likes this.
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'll give you 2 to 1 odds on a tip jar bet for that.

Andre0087 and Haymitch like this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Most people, if given the chance, would jump at making $150 a month for 15 years if their parents would subsidize their expenses. I won't knock him for that but that doesn't scream blue collar. The hoodie is cool though.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well I just googled it and haven't been able to find it.

My initial thought on the race was Oz would win comfortably because he would wisely just campaign against Biden. But I was wrong. Oz tried to go after Fetterman, and did so horribly. Pathetically.

But I did see some polls that were close between the two, and my thinking is that the Repubs are being undercounted and that the low approval for Biden will put Oz over Fetterman. Plus, the health issue, which while I don't think there's any reason to think it's a huge deal, it could be something that changes votes on the margins.

So that's my thinking. I could be wrong again, as I was before. But that's what I will bet will happen.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Sure, $10.

DonnyMost likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I haven’t seen any poll that has Oz better than -5 to Fetterman…most I’ve seen have had him down by double digits, but I haven’t seen the most recent polls

I think Dems are being undercounted post-Dobbs

I’d be surprised if Oz won, but anything is possible…I am interested in seeing how Fetterman sounds in a debate tho, because that last clip of him speaking did not look good at all

tinman likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Is he blue collar compared to a union plumber in Scranton? No, but he is far more blue collar than just about any other major politician. He lives in the shitty part of a shitty blue collar collar town. He has a wife that was an illegal alien and health problems… he is more blue collar than most.

I’m not going to say he is Horatio Alger but he has taken a very unconventional path and been very successful.

jiggyfly and Andre0087 like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

We also have to remember who he is running against. He’s running against a multimillionaire doctor from Turkey who doesn’t even live in the state and votes in Turkish elections.

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It is possible for Oz to win but I don’t think it is very likely he wins comfortably even if he just focused on Biden. Oz is a flawed candidate. His best chance of winning is low turnout where the Democratic vote is surpressed. That could come from things looking bad nationally and the Dem brand takes a hit like what things looked like a few months ago. Or that Fetterman’s health takes a turn downward.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mehmet is from Turkey
    A country half the d&d thinks is a sandwich
    @Os Trigonum
    @Salvy

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#56 tinman, Sep 9, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2022