1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you were right by being wrong because i also missed the joke....i actually thought it was a classic sengun pass that he is known for and jokic borrowed it from him...

AlperenSengun and Easy like this.
  2. j@amc

j@amc Member

Rudy Gobert is up on Saturday for everyone wanting to see Sengun face an NBA center. Set your alarm.

3. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

4. PeppermintCandy

Video from the Spain game. This looked like a guard oriented game, so Sengun wasn't as showcased as in the previous two games. Not a lot of plays called for him, but he looked pretty solid in his complementary role.

I think he stood out the most during a small stretch in the fourth quarter, when he made several hustle plays that kept Turkey in the game. But he also looked a bit gassed and made a few small defensive lapses.

During the final minutes, he was taken out altogether. It seemed more because Turkey wanted four guards/wings in there to match up against Spain.

Garuba seemed okay for Spain in his limited role, but at this point looks like an end of the bench guy in the NBA.

pippendagimp, D-rock and aaquaa like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

this is kind of crazy. huge drop off from the top 3, lul.

aaquaa, Easy and i3artow i3aller like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Don't disrespect Willy Hernangomez like that. :mad:

D-rock and DreamShook like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Garuba got snubbed again! :mad:

D-rock likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its ok i have no problem with people thinking luka is better than alpi or having a better production particularly having in mind the usage and role hes given
    i am sure alpi would have dominated in similar and even greater fashion if given the ball, greater usage ie in the alpha role

luka is a much more experienced and older player and had a lot of miles on him ie PLAYING EXPERIENCE IN COMPETITIVE BASKETBALL

this is why i would have liked for alpi to have stayed in the europe or went to a club first where he will play more and be used the right way just like Luka did

alpi stagnates in this loser franchise surrounded by selfish ballhogging scrubs, clueless management and coaches...

aaquaa likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL i come here to say

and a huge drop off in your thinking ability when you have to take circumstances( eg roles) into account

then i recalled it was you who made this comment so i am taking it back
    ;)

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@Ankara1923

perhaps turkish coach wanted to stay on good terms with larkin, the lead player on his team EFES, and this is why he sacrificied national team to his private enterprise by not giving alpi the leading role?

aaquaa likes this.
  11. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Larkin is out of squad now, sent back to Istanbul.Ataman said that his hand injury will be checked but more importantly he is not OK mentally.

He was "darling" of the nation but if he continued to play like that he would be "number 1 public enemy".

Ataman sacrificed Larkin and saved the day for himself but he lost lots of credit also.

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i cant respect a coach that has alpi and doenst give him the keys and the greatest usage

the only way i can keep my respect for ataman as a coach is that he didnt want to mess with the chemistry he had in the club with larkin so he gave alpi just a roleplayer role...

aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  13. 34to11

34to11 Member

TBD

maj21 likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Let Alpy cook in the post!

D-rock and Ankara1923 like this.
  15. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

The problem is Larkin is not a playmaker, more Jalen Green type of player. Ataman decided to create his own version of KPJ but Larkin isn't that young.

You can't teach new tricks to an old dog. Underused Alpi-Sehmus-Onuralp, overused Larkin-Cedi-Sanli.

Ataman is few months older than me and I follow him closely since 90s either in Turkey or in Italy (I was working in Italy when he was coaching there). I haven't witnessed him ever to manage so badly. Popovich decayed a lot but Ataman isn't that old. Hope he will recover. Otherwise we will hear lots of excuses from him about FIBA-Euroleague struggles i.e. "I am a back to back Euroleague champion, FIBA wanted to punish Euroleague, etc...".

We have already read La Fontaine, Andersen, Grimm Brothers, Ignaz Kunocs. No more tales please.

aaquaa likes this.
  16. conquistador#11

And he is the youngest of that group.

Believe It!, Mathloom, aaquaa and 2 others like this.
  17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He fouled out with 5 minutes left in the game on a bogus offensive foul call which forced turkey to play small. He was not benched.

PeppermintCandy and Ankara1923 like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. 34to11

34to11 Member

Lol...cry more.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

keep tanking...but dont expect suddenly to become a champion... because theres no substitute for winning...

Ankara1923 likes this.